www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old August 15th, 2011, 10:50   #31
LiLredTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ohh...I'd say bout 42mpg

[QUOTE=VWDAVID;3504340]
Quote:

So if Frank rebuilt the head why was Bill setting valve heights? Just trying to understand the whole complaint please dont take personal.
Would it not be hard or impossible to port with the valves installed?
2004 Jetta PD-RC race, 17/22,stg.IIcoltcam PD150 Inj.,Rosten Rods, Ported head,PP DP, cat delete/2 1/2" piping/Magnaflo muffler, R32 airbox/snorkle,PD150 TIP, SB stg 3 ,NSboost/egt gauges, BBS RS II's, Koni FSD/Eibach Kit, M3 side skirts/ rearwindow spoiler,GLI F/R lips FK bumper scoops

LiLredTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:15   #32
VWDAVID
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 golf tdi
Fuel Economy: 900mpg

[QUOTE=LiLredTDI;3504420]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWDAVID View Post

Would it not be hard or impossible to port with the valves installed?

So who did the valve job Bill or Frank cause who ever did is the one that sets valve height correct? No reason to be a smart ars just asking questions. If your going to publically flame some one all the facts neeed to be on the table.
VWDAVID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:15   #33
MAXRPM
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 mpg driving like a granny on HWY-5 from LA to SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIJetta99 View Post
so you want someone banned for one incident that NONE of us know both sides completely?
I understand that no matter what I say, he says, may or may not change the outcome to the story,if you think about it, bottom line is he still has a head and cam that he did not pay for, I even paid for the shipping,,, ,,, , if this is not an eye opener for members I do not know what will , on the other hand I wish I had known more about him before making any deals, I am shocked on how many Pm's I am getting from members that are very upset with him and would like to keep it in a low profile, which that I respect too.

Any of the many good an honest vendors or members that we have on this forum would have dealt with this issue with great respect and I bet you that they would not hide or run away, any dealings that I've done in the past here in this forum have been great , except for this one.

1/4 mile run----13.98 sec. @ 105.37 mph

DRIVERS FIRE COMPLETE KIT GTB2260VK

Last edited by MAXRPM; August 15th, 2011 at 11:25.
MAXRPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:25   #34
TDIJetta99
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: low 38, high 61, avg 48

Why would a shocking number of people who have had bad experiences want to keep it from being public?

Just asking...
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:30   #35
LiLredTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ohh...I'd say bout 42mpg

[QUOTE=VWDAVID;3504457]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLredTDI View Post

So who did the valve job Bill or Frank cause who ever did is the one that sets valve height correct? No reason to be a smart ars just asking questions. If your going to publically flame some one all the facts neeed to be on the table.
Like I said oh so many posts ago, I am NOT a mechanic. However Bill started a bunch of crap by sending me photos of the valve's when he received head in mail and said they were not flush and all wrong.

I actually embarrassed myself by cussing out Frank before doing my homework.

PD valves do not sit flush with head surface, but i did not know that and more importantly, BILL DID NOT KNOW!!!

I had to personally tuck my tail between my legs and call Frank and apologize profusely and even sent him and his wife a peace basket

Even after all of this he still did not have lash adjusted properly and METAL SHAVINGS were evident throughout head.
2004 Jetta PD-RC race, 17/22,stg.IIcoltcam PD150 Inj.,Rosten Rods, Ported head,PP DP, cat delete/2 1/2" piping/Magnaflo muffler, R32 airbox/snorkle,PD150 TIP, SB stg 3 ,NSboost/egt gauges, BBS RS II's, Koni FSD/Eibach Kit, M3 side skirts/ rearwindow spoiler,GLI F/R lips FK bumper scoops

Last edited by LiLredTDI; August 15th, 2011 at 11:50.
LiLredTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:31   #36
Keebler145
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~45

*rolls eyes*

I realize now I'm participating but, FFS Stop trolling the damn thread. This thing should be locked until Bill can say his peace and you guys stop running semantics at MaxRPM edit AND lilredTDI too. Neither of them asked for it, they were giving their personal experience.

Last edit now that I cooled off: Why isn't Bill a registered vendor on this forum if he peddles his wares or services here?

424,000 miles and counting, On the frame that is (as of sold date)
Gt2256v 3 in downpipe and vibrant resonator, 3in OMI and FMIC all by Whitbread, Titan 520's, Port & Polished Head courtesy Franko6, RC 6, 11mm IP, PD LiftPump. Rosten Rods, PD150 Pistons, Oil Cooler, Fuel Cooler, Diablo W/M Kit,DC III clutch, Built 5 speed with LSD

Last edited by Keebler145; August 15th, 2011 at 11:51.
Keebler145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:59   #37
VWDAVID
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler145 View Post
*rolls eyes*

I realize now I'm participating but, FFS Stop trolling the god damn thread. This thing should be locked until Bill can say his peace and you guys stop running semantics at MaxRPM edit AND lilredTDI too. Neither of them asked for it, they were giving their personal experience.
No trolling being done here the op clearly ask for others experiences. I have had a good one and will use him again. The story lilred is telling doesnt make al lot of sence to me. Maxs story is black and white sent used parts did not get paid. This may reflect bad on Bill as a person but says nothing about his work. And locking this after would do more harm than good in my opinion. I am sure glad every one doesnt have your mentality. We have a right to ask questions thats all I am doing.

Lilred please answer the question who did the valve job on the head? Becasue if you got a port job and valve job done for 450 thats incredibly cheap. If your not willing to answer questions about your negative experience then maybe you should not post your negative experience. Can you say for sure that those shaving were not there before bill got the head do you know for sure he did not recieve the head damaged.

Last edited by VWDAVID; August 15th, 2011 at 12:13.
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:08   #38
Keebler145
Veteran Member

Quote:
No trolling being done here the op clearly ask for others experiences. I have had a good one and will use him again. The story lilred is telling doesnt make al lot of sence to me.

Lilred please answer the question who did the valve job on the head? Becasue if you got a port job and valve job done for 450 thats incredibly cheap. If your not willing to answer questions about your negative experience then maybe you should not post your negative experience.

He asked for others experience, not for you to badger the people who gave their experience.

Regardless of that point he DID answer your question in fact he was so kind as to answer the same question twice.... Frank repaired the head. Bill ported the head and installed the valves....

Gt2256v 3 in downpipe and vibrant resonator, 3in OMI and FMIC all by Whitbread, Titan 520's, Port & Polished Head courtesy Franko6, RC 6, 11mm IP, PD LiftPump. Rosten Rods, PD150 Pistons, Oil Cooler, Fuel Cooler, Diablo W/M Kit,DC III clutch, Built 5 speed with LSD
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:17   #39
VWDAVID
Veteran Member

Quote:
He asked for others experience, not for you to badger the people who gave their experience.

Regardless of that point he DID answer your question in fact he was so kind as to answer the same question twice.... Frank repaired the head. Bill ported the head and installed the valves....
Let me be more specific who cut the seats, lapped the valves and shaved the head this is the person that sets the depth correct? If Bill was sent a complete head with a fresh valve job why would he set anything other than just port and put back together? This is the only part I dont understand. So we are supposed to take negative feedback like its gods word with out asking questions. REALLY

Last edited by VWDAVID; August 15th, 2011 at 12:32.
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:20   #40
MAXRPM
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 mpg driving like a granny on HWY-5 from LA to SF

I'm sure that what Lilredtdi and I are doing is just to share our past bad experience that we had with Bill... Very simpe, if a question is asked here on this thread I'd try to clarify, just like what Lilredtdi is doing,,,,,for me to make everyone else aware is a must, maintaining a high level of respect to every member of this forum has always been my priority as well.

1/4 mile run----13.98 sec. @ 105.37 mph

DRIVERS FIRE COMPLETE KIT GTB2260VK
MAXRPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:33   #41
Keebler145
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLredTDI View Post
Price quoted to port disassembled head-$450 and a 1-2 week turnaround******Head was sent directly from Frank06 to Bill at my request. Frank had gone through head and repaired an egged lifter hole and installed new valve guides as well as hot tanked head so it was minty new.

Price quoted to assemble head= cam,lifters,valve height-$200

Should have been $650 in total and was there at Bills WAYYYY over a month, and arrived damaged, full of metal shavings and valve heights were completely wrong.
[QUOTE=VWDAVID;3504340]
Quote:

So if Frank rebuilt the head why was Bill setting valve heights? Just trying to understand the whole complaint please dont take personal.
Quote:
Let me be more specific who cut the seats and shaved the head this is the person that sets the depth correct? If Bill was sent a complete head with a fresh valve job why would he set anything other than just port and put back together? This is the only part I dont understand. So we are supposed to take negative feedback like its gods word with out asking questions. REALLY

I think you should ask questions, that is only fair. He told what Frank did though. He admitted he is no mechanic. He did however admit that Frank only repaired the head, he did not rebuild the head complete, only valve guides were installed.

The fact that metal shavings were left in the head should be enough to show the job wasn't done completely anyway.

I'm not trying to be an ars, just saying you're really asking what has been answered to the best of HIS knowledge. Like you're expecting to get a different answer or something

edit: the head shouldn't be shaved in any case according to the bentley. The only way I know to have them "decked" is to be heated ( i don't remember what the procedure is called) until they are flat again.

Last edited by Keebler145; August 15th, 2011 at 12:35.
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:39   #42
VWDAVID
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=LiLredTDI;3504485]
Quote:

Like I said oh so many posts ago, I am NOT a mechanic. However Bill started a bunch of crap by sending me photos of the valve's when he received head in mail and said they were not flush and all wrong.

I actually embarrassed myself by cussing out Frank before doing my homework.

PD valves do not sit flush with head surface, but i did not know that and more importantly, BILL DID NOT KNOW!!!

So you are saying Bill felt he needed to redo franks work or what? Is that why the price was higher? There is something missing with this story. Please try to be more clear. You had 2 people work on the same head. Who exactly did what to the head.

FYI i have yet to see a tdi head with flush valves pd or alh.

I am not trying to make any one mad here. But your story still is not clear on who did what. Metal shavings could have been left by either of them how can you be sure who left it.

FYI I do business with both and am happy with Frank and Bill's work.
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:43   #43
VWDAVID
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Keebler145;3504555]
Quote:

I think you should ask questions, that is only fair. He told what Frank did though. He admitted he is no mechanic. He did however admit that Frank only repaired the head, he did not rebuild the head complete, only valve guides were installed.

The fact that metal shavings were left in the head should be enough to show the job wasn't done completely anyway.

I'm not trying to be an ars, just saying you're really asking what has been answered to the best of HIS knowledge. Like you're expecting to get a different answer or something

edit: the head shouldn't be shaved in any case according to the bentley. The only way I know to have them "decked" is to be heated ( i don't remember what the procedure is called) until they are flat again.
How about you let the person that posted the negative experience answer questions directed at them. 2 people worked on the head just want to know specific details as to who did what. Metal shaving could have been left from either. Any one installing a new head should always flush all ports oil and coolant with brake cleaner and air prior to install. But you are correct metal shavings should not be there.
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:50   #44
Keebler145
Veteran Member

*facepalm* he said frank hot tanked the head before shipping it out. I'm not answering for him I was simply quoting what he already said. Whatever I'm done with this thread.

Old August 15th, 2011, 12:54   #45
VWDAVID
Veteran Member

Quote:
*facepalm* he said frank hot tanked the head before shipping it out. I'm not answering for him I was simply quoting what he already said. Whatever I'm done with this thread.
hot tanking does not always remove all the shavings.