Big Anniversary in the fight against Cancer...Mega Sale at kermaTDI

VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
Tomorrow is the 1 year Anniversary of my last surgery.

September 16 is the 2 year Anniversary of the completion of IMRT Radiation Therapy.

So lets run a Mega Sale at kerma starting tomorrow July 31 through September 16 :D

This is a Private Sale for Club members...so call me for special prices at 1-877-537-6283 [ 1-877-kermaTDI ]

I have a ton of Bosio / Koni / kermaTDI Exhausts, Downpipes, OMI's , Brake Packages in stock.

Also VNT-17 and 17/22 turbos ...so lots of great stuff!

Cheers!
Paul

Here's the most recent update:

In two days... I am officially in remission! Woo Hoo! After 2 years, and two bouts with cancer I'm still standing! And kermaTDI is still here and growing!

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who supported us, believed in us...and did the right thing.

I never knew how many friends I really had.. Thanks to all the wonderful people who helped me and my family!

The doctors and nurses, in Colorado and at MD Anderson and the other hospitals in Houston Texas were amazing... incredible people.

And thanks to New York Life!

Here's a recent video:

http://www.newyorklife.com/nyl/v/in...toid=edc19d4d0d5ef210VgnVCM100000ac841cacRCRD

And an article http://www.newyorklife.com/newyorkl...Static Files/2010 Report To Policyholders.pdf

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I love hearing these kind of stories. I work for the company that makes the machines that MD Anderson uses to deliver IMRT. We are in the business of saving lives and stories like yours make it worthwhile to go to work everyday. Thanks.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. Is everything on sale? The only thing I really need right now is a filter pack (for 40k service).

Last edited:

VailPowder

TDI
I love hearing these kind of stories. I work for the company that makes the machines that MD Anderson uses to deliver IMRT. We are in the business of saving lives and stories like yours make it worthwhile to go to work everyday. Thanks.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. Is everything on sale? The only thing I really need right now is a filter pack (for 40k service).

Thanks for doing the work you do! Each generation of the IMRT and Cyber Knife machines seems to make radiation therapy more effective and less brutal.

And yes everything is on sale.. call me and I'll hook up!

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Congrats man! Its nice to hear the good stories, too often its the opposite. My friends dad just passed yesterday to lung cancer, and it definately wasnt from a lack of fighting. Ill have to peruse the site a bit and see if I can budget for anything new!

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Bump for a great seller. I ordered a filter kit for my car for my 40,000 mile service. Not only was the price good, but the shipping was lightning fast. I called in my order on Tuesday afternoon and the package was delivered on Wednesday afternoon. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that Paul lived next door to me. Thanks!

Have Fun!

Don

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Congratulations Paul.

One of the fighters. Glad you made it through, now lets get everyone through the nightmare of cancer.

VailPowder

TDI
Congratulations Paul.

One of the fighters. Glad you made it through, now lets get everyone through the nightmare of cancer.
I agree! It seems like we are on the threshold of better care, and greater understanding!

It would be wonderful if no one had to go through this.

VailPowder

TDI

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Nice one Paul but when are you opening a UK shop?:D This postage stuff is a bummer.:rolleyes:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Cool, I'll look for a premises no more than 5 miles away incase my car breaks and I have to pedal lol:D

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
wow Paul and i remember folks on the forum accusing you of making this cancer thing up.

where are they now?

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
I can remember being told I had a 20% chance of living five years with my cancer and that I could loose my leg in the first operation. That was about 40 years and 18 reocurances, but I and my leg are both still here. I am writing this just waiting for the sun to come out so I can get a run in before it gets to hot here in Ohio. Good luck with your health. Just keep hanging in there.

VailPowder

TDI
I can remember being told I had a 20% chance of living five years with my cancer and that I could loose my leg in the first operation. That was about 40 years and 18 reocurances, but I and my leg are both still here. I am writing this just waiting for the sun to come out so I can get a run in before it gets to hot here in Ohio. Good luck with your health. Just keep hanging in there.
That's great Joe!

How wonderful that you beat the odds!

cfm56

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI SportWagen
Congrats Paul, I would love a vnt17, down pipe and a new clutch...however we are expecting twins so I don't think I can swing this one past my wife :)

If any leeway does pops over the horizon I will call you, Congrats again and I'm glad your still around

Ben Dur

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW golf tdi
Congrats on your recovery Paul, and thanks for the quick chat. Ill be back in contact with you soon as i get my list sorted out.

To everyone else, Paul and the entire crew at KermaTDI are very knowledgeable about these cars. If you have a project in mind, they will set you up right!

VailPowder

TDI
Per request: Donations will be made to M.D. Anderson

I will donate this time to the The Department of Experimental Therapeutics

"Our vision is nothing short of curing cancer"

----

Department of Experimental Therapeutics

The Department of Experimental Therapeutics is leading the effort to coordinate all stages of the therapeutic discovery and development process. Our initiative is to design new, more effective and specific drugs with less toxicity, targeted for individualized therapy and accelerate the delivery of these new drug therapies from the research bench to the patient’s bedside.

Our mission begins with hypothesis-driven research that identifies and validates targets; continues with the discovery, development and design of biological therapies and drug agents; and is followed by pre-clinical and clinical trials – with each step working toward the goal of personalized medicine.

The establishment of the Center for Targeted Therapy (which will occupy one of six unique, 130,000 square feet, state-of-the-art facilities that form the Red and Charline McCombs Institute for the Early Detection and Treatment of Cancer, located on the south campus of MD Anderson Cancer Center) will provide researchers and clinicians alike a clearly defined pathway for the purposeful engineering of drug therapies – a first for an academic institution.

Close collaboration with specialized services at MD Anderson Cancer Center involving chemistry, pharmacology and toxicology, as well as with the Division of Cancer Medicine, the Robert J. Kleberg, Jr., and Helen C. Kleberg Center for Molecular Markers and the Center for Advanced Biomedical Imaging Research will provide investigators the opportunity to maximize the therapeutic benefit of treatment and limit the undesirable side effects of therapeutic agents. Minimally invasive imaging procedures and tissue biomarkers will be used to select those patients who are likely to respond to a drug treatment and subsequently to follow the response of the drug, allowing our researchers to identify subtypes of responders and mix-and-match drugs to individualize a patient’s treatment.

The team effort between basic researchers, clinicians and translational researchers is a “three-legged stool” of successful personalized cancer treatment – each leg is necessary to achieve the desired balance. Our laboratory scientists will have ready-access to patient samples and clinical observations that are needed for the creation of new drug therapies and our chemists will be able to design the chemical structure of a drug to make it more effective or reduce its side effects.

The molecular and genetic targets that we identify will be the next frontier in cancer treatment, but also in cancer prevention, allowing physicians to correct or destroy cells with defects before they become a health threat.

As MD Anderson Cancer Center seeks to improve the care of its patients by expanding its research focus into targeted therapies and capitalizing on the unprecedented opportunities presented by recent scientific advances in genomics and molecular biology, the faculty of the Department of Experimental Therapeutics will be there to translate this research into more effective, less toxic, personalized treatment and prevention strategies.

Our vision is nothing short of curing cancer.