www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2011

TDIFest 2011 Discussion about TDIFest 2011 on the Labour Day weekend (September 2-4th, 2011) in Lexington, KY.

Old July 16th, 2011, 18:53   #1
AARodriguez Corp.
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor
w/Business number

Default Outdoor activities at the fest?

I've never been to Kentucky but I'd imagine some of the attendees live there and know the area where we will be staying. Is there any good fishing up there? Should I bring some rods and reels or leave all of the behind in Florida?
Old July 17th, 2011, 18:21   #2
RichmondKYtdi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herrington_Lake
Or the ky river, or even jacobson park (reservoir) here in lexington. However, nothing compares to the options you have down there. Just don't want you getting your hopes up!
RichmondKYtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 17:40   #3
manual_tranny
Smyth Performance- Intern

Fuel Economy: Is just one piece of the puzzle that is our bottomless appetite for oil. Cars don’t have to be consumable. Instead of throwing them away, we can rebuild them, better. We have the technology.

Red River Gorge is only 45-50 miles away if anyone wants to do a little camping/climbing. It might get a little bit hot though...
manual_tranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:42   #4
AARodriguez Corp.
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor
w/Business number

cool. Looking forward to the fest.
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:13   #5
KraftwerkB6
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2010 JSW

Have not posted in this site/thread for a long time but I would like to mention that the same weekend Questapolooza (sp) is going on the same weekend as TDIFest.

see it here.
http://www.qpza.com/

I am not trying to promote this at all, I dont go to the church, dont do anything with them at all. I just happen to have a family friend who go there and can not boast more about it. Every year it seems Questapolooza gets bigger, and living in KY ( lex) my whole life there is not much to do if you do not like horses, random country drives, or beer/wiskey/Bourbon tasting/trails. Just a heads up if you are coming and want some thing else to do and listen to music there is at least this.
Once again, I am not trying to promote this, i dont even like any of the music, just putting it out there for some thing else to do.
Old August 9th, 2011, 21:36   #6
Torque_Delight
TDIClub Enthusiast
Modded

Fuel Economy: ~5 l/100km

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftwerkB6 View Post
... living in KY ( lex) my whole life there is not much to do if you do not like horses, random country drives, or beer/wiskey/Bourbon tasting/trails.
Thanks, that's about what I figured out when I tried to find some attractions nearby.
One good thing, it's cheaper that way, less activities and shorter stay at the hotel
Jetta TDI 2001 GL (~650 000 km) : GT-1749VB, EGT/O2/Boost Gauges, Scangauge II, Sachs VR6 Clutch kit, OEM G60 Flywheel, 502 Nozzles, MRTuning, Euroswitch, Hella Micro-DE w/ yellow bulb, Rear fog, Wolfsburg's Heated Seats, Koni STR.T Shocks, H&R OE Sport Springs, TT Control Arm Bushings, 17" Santa Monica (GTI VR6) Wheels, DieselGeek Skid Plate, FX35 HID Projectors Retrofit, GLI Tail Lights, 2004 Trunk lid.
Torque_Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:28   #7
deegingerkid
Beware the Ginger! Vendor

Fuel Economy: 38-44 depending on lead-footed-ness and highway/city proportion

Quote:
Originally Posted by manual_tranny View Post
Red River Gorge is only 45-50 miles away if anyone wants to do a little camping/climbing. It might get a little bit hot though...
Amazing place. It's not jokingly referred to (in my group of friends) as the "Grand Canyon of the East" for no reason. It is quite a bit smaller and full of trees, but no less beautiful. :-)

There are huge overhang type caves, sheer dropoffs, and amazing views. Not really safe for little kids...i'd say 12 or under. Chimney top/half moon/angel arch are the spots to go. Natural bridge state park is good too, but sometimes really crowded.
deegingerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 15:16   #8
Torque_Delight
TDIClub Enthusiast
Modded

Fuel Economy: ~5 l/100km

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegingerkid View Post
Amazing place. It's not jokingly referred to (in my group of friends) as the "Grand Canyon of the East" for no reason. It is quite a bit smaller and full of trees, but no less beautiful. :-)

There are huge overhang type caves, sheer dropoffs, and amazing views. Not really safe for little kids...i'd say 12 or under. Chimney top/half moon/angel arch are the spots to go. Natural bridge state park is good too, but sometimes really crowded.
Wow! That sounds promising !
I was looking for a place to shoot nice photos... I think I just found it !
Jetta TDI 2001 GL (~650 000 km) : GT-1749VB, EGT/O2/Boost Gauges, Scangauge II, Sachs VR6 Clutch kit, OEM G60 Flywheel, 502 Nozzles, MRTuning, Euroswitch, Hella Micro-DE w/ yellow bulb, Rear fog, Wolfsburg's Heated Seats, Koni STR.T Shocks, H&R OE Sport Springs, TT Control Arm Bushings, 17" Santa Monica (GTI VR6) Wheels, DieselGeek Skid Plate, FX35 HID Projectors Retrofit, GLI Tail Lights, 2004 Trunk lid.
Torque_Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 15:52   #9
deegingerkid
Beware the Ginger! Vendor

Fuel Economy: 38-44 depending on lead-footed-ness and highway/city proportion

The Red River Gorge is so close to Lexington I can't pass up the chance to go. It's been at least 6 or 7 years since I've been there...I hope I can find a few spare hours on one of the days on this weekend to get over there!
deegingerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 20:56   #10
paramedick
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegingerkid View Post
The Red River Gorge is so close to Lexington I can't pass up the chance to go. It's been at least 6 or 7 years since I've been there...I hope I can find a few spare hours on one of the days on this weekend to get over there!
Perhaps sneak over there Monday morning?
paramedick is offline   Reply With Quote