www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2011

TDIFest 2011 Discussion about TDIFest 2011 on the Labour Day weekend (September 2-4th, 2011) in Lexington, KY.

Old June 30th, 2011, 19:07   #1
Lug_Nut
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Default Sharing rooms: available or wanted

There are a few posts coming up now for people looking for beds, and I presume that there will be some with an extra bed looking for someone with whom to split the room cost.
Here's your thread!

Post if you have a bed "Available" of if a bed is "Wanted".
Put in come information about your itinerary (which nights you'll have available or will want).
Put in some personal info to to aid in the match: early riser, night-owl, snorer, sleep-walker (or talker), gender preference, tobacco use, boxers or briefs or commando, whatever is important to you.
Add some information on the room cost split desired. 50:50 is often the usual but you can shop if you want.

Finally, add some means of others to contact you to finalize negotiations.
Do due diligence and vet the other person carefully to your standard.
And remember: If your roomie turns out to be Elm Street Freddie, that's not TDIClub's problem.

Svante Arrhenius 1896

Cogito ergo soy (I think, therefore: Biodiesel)
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 19:41   #2
deegingerkid
Beware the Ginger! Vendor

Fuel Economy: 38-44 depending on lead-footed-ness and highway/city proportion

Roommate Wanted:
I plan on being there Friday and Saturday nights.
I can afford to split 50:50 and reserve the room, if need be. I need plenty of advance notice from potential roommates and the rooms need to be booked by Aug. 2. Please get ahold of me sooner rather than later.

My Basics:
My given name is Diedre.
Female
Non-smoker
silent sleeper, i need the same.
I'll be crocheting alot...it's my hobby.

You can be male or female. No couples, please.

PM me through the forums and if it looks like a workable situation, I'll give my phone number and/or e-mail.

Thank you!
deegingerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 17:32   #3
deegingerkid

Default anyone?

Well, it seems as if my registation fee is going to just be a donation to the club unless I can get a hand, here.

I make not much more than minimum wage and am in the process of saving up for a TB change. I hoped there would be someone on this website to help....

Seriously. Please?

Thanks,
Diedre
Old July 17th, 2011, 17:43   #4
loganbmx4gt
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegingerkid View Post
Well, it seems as if my registation fee is going to just be a donation to the club unless I can get a hand, here.
I make not much more than minimum wage and am in the process of saving up for a TB change. I hoped there would be someone on this website to help....
Seriously. Please?
Thanks,
Diedre
I would say I'm game but still have no clue if I have people coming with me.

loganbmx4gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 16:34   #5
deegingerkid

Default thank you

A big thanks to those who have replied to my request! The truth of the matter is, I have only 3 paychecks before fest and I'm trying to save for my tb, and pay a deposit on an apartment....and my fundage is super low. So I gotta plan out a ways in advance.

Logan, we'll see if you end up needing my help.

Thanks again, everyone :-)
Old August 6th, 2011, 15:14   #6
aerovw

Fuel Economy: 54mpg/61mpg highway@65
Default ROOM share

Open to shareing a room with any goin to fest any days available email me
aerovw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 14:18   #7
MiksTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 41

I am Male, 33, Quiet guy.

Looking for a room Saturday night. Even a spot to lay a sleeping bag would work out. Fees could be split.....
Bosch T4 Nozzles, RC4, 11mm I/P, EMT VT3 Hybrid 1756 turbo, 3 Bar MAP, Upsolute FMIC, OMI, South Bend Stage 2 Enduro clutch kit, AWE boost & Egt gauges, Dub Stop HIDs, Race pipe, 2.5" Full SS Exhaust, Peloquin LSD, Hidden Hitch, .658 5th gear swap, Old Navy CCV & Limo Tint! MiksTDI@Gmail.com
MiksTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 18:27   #8
deegingerkid

Thank you TDIClub :-) I have found a room to share for the fest. Thank you everyone who replied to my request for a lil help. It's great to know there are some genuinely nice folks left in this world.

I am looking forward to the fest and hopefully meeting many of you!
Old August 15th, 2011, 20:47   #9
kanio

I am looking someone to split the cost of the room. I will be staying on Friday and Saturday night, check out on Sunday. Male, 35, quiet, and easy going. Please PM me if you are interested.

2004 B5.5 Passat Estate TDI Unchained (gone, front end collision @ 101K)
2003 530i Saloon (70K)

Last edited by kanio; August 18th, 2011 at 09:42.
kanio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 10:28   #10
kanio

I am still looking to share a room, anyone?

2004 B5.5 Passat Estate TDI Unchained (gone, front end collision @ 101K)
2003 530i Saloon (70K)
kanio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 12:31   #11
brnsgrbr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 mpg

I have booked a room at hotel about 5 to 10 minutes away. Why not stay at the Hilton? I I have travel status at Holiday Inn Hotels and I will be using my points so that I can stay for free. I travel a lot for business and I will be coming to the event directly from a site in Buffalo. I will rent a car to drive down in. I would rather not spend any money for a rental while in Lexington if at all possible. So I am offering a trade. Free weekend hotel starting on Friday, late, for someone who doesn't mind being my taxi for the weekend. I fly out on Tuesday. I also want to go on a distillery tour or two if possible. So, there it is.

I am 40 I am fairly out-going. I will sleep in boxers and a tee shirt. I plan on having a few while I am in town if you know what I mean. Not excessive if that is a concern. You need to be able to hang out Saturday night a little before going back to the Hotel.

I am not sure if I will have two queen sized beds in my room as my profile is set for a King and usually have a couch. I will make a formal request for the two queens if someone chimes in here in the next couple of days to confirm. If you want a suite, you will have to kick in some cash to cover the difference. No guarantees, but I will see what I can get.
2.0Ltr ALH w/BHWs, WB girdle, IE Tuscan rods, RyanP GtB2260Vk kit, 4bar MAP; Kerma 3" exhaust w/HF cat & Aeroturbine 3030XL, headwork, DRW 6speed w/DG Sigma shifter;SBC S2 End race clutch W/ferramic disk; Peloquin TBD; Bosio Stage 2 R520s; DLI Technik mounts ; 11mm; TT CA bushings; DG Panzer FMJ, RP,& 100K TB&SB upgrade; Coolant heater; DRL & EGR deletes; ventectomy; Accuair/Airlift suspension;B20-B100

Last edited by brnsgrbr; August 22nd, 2011 at 12:36.
brnsgrbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 14:28   #12
BRUSSELS BELGIAN
Old Whig

Fuel Economy: 70.6/ 51/ 38
Default Bed WANTED

Brussels Belgian and (maybe) SaturnHacker. Both non-smokers, attending all the official events; if we both have a few "brews" we will not stay up late. I have been told that I snore. If there is only one extra bed, and SaturnHacker does come, I'll bring a cot for myself. I promise NOT to bring my inflatable "friend" with me! Almost forgot: staying Fri., Sat., Sun. evenings
2005 Passat PD TDI

Last edited by BRUSSELS BELGIAN; August 24th, 2011 at 14:30.
BRUSSELS BELGIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 11:05   #13
brnsgrbr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 mpg

Someone PM me if you need to share. I am only checking this once a day.
2.0Ltr ALH w/BHWs, WB girdle, IE Tuscan rods, RyanP GtB2260Vk kit, 4bar MAP; Kerma 3" exhaust w/HF cat & Aeroturbine 3030XL, headwork, DRW 6speed w/DG Sigma shifter;SBC S2 End race clutch W/ferramic disk; Peloquin TBD; Bosio Stage 2 R520s; DLI Technik mounts ; 11mm; TT CA bushings; DG Panzer FMJ, RP,& 100K TB&SB upgrade; Coolant heater; DRL & EGR deletes; ventectomy; Accuair/Airlift suspension;B20-B100
brnsgrbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:54   #14
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41

I'm staying 3 nights, and currently have a single bed. Assuming that it's possible to change that, I am open to finding someone to share a room with. Only thing is that lights go out at 11:30.

Also, heading down from Boston on Thursday. Anybody wanting to share a room on the way down?
'05 5sp Golf GLS TDI - Rocket Chipped to 1.5, NB hoop style headrests, Mud Flaps, Euro style sideview mirrors (They're blind spotless!), and Koni FSD's (Talk about smoothing the bumps AND tightening the curves!!!)
Don't know how to use the search function? Click Here!
BeetleGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2011, 06:47   #15
BRUSSELS BELGIAN
Old Whig

Fuel Economy: 70.6/ 51/ 38
Default I'm Confused

BeetleGo: I am staying Fri. Sat. and Sun. night, and NEED a bed. However, I'm working on other members to attend the Fest, and that is still being resolved. Keep in touch via private e-mail. I'll try to resolve this quickly.
2005 Passat PD TDI
BRUSSELS BELGIAN is offline   Reply With Quote