www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2013 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010+)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010+) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010+) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old June 3rd, 2011, 17:19   #1
vmaxaholic

Default A/C blowing warm air on left side only

Ok, I've found a couple threads on here about this problem and I plan on using them as a guide, but nothing I've found involves the digital temp controls like those found in a package 2, which is my '06 Jetta with dual climate control. All the threads I've seen involve the cable controlled knobs/dials. The A/C is ice cold on the far right and right center vents, and only barely cool from the left center and far left vents. I'm sure this is a blend door problem, just unsure where exactly it's located and how much of a pain in the ass it is to get to and repair compared to the cable controlled kind, or if there is any difference. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!
vmaxaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:11   #2
nhdoc
Veteran Member

Is the air on the left warm (heated) or just ambient? I ask this because I have had cars (not VW) which had this same condition caused by a low charge of refrigerant. The reason is the evaporator will get cold near the expansion valve but not anywhere else when it is low on refrigerant, and if that end of the evap is near the right side the right side vents will get cold while the left side won't. So, you might just make sure you don't have a leak by checking the system pressures using a manifold gauge on both the high and low sides. Just a thought.
nhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 06:43   #3
vmaxaholic

That's exactly what it is. The air on the left side is not hot like from the heater, it's just no where near as cold as it is on the right. I'll definitely have to look into what you suggest. Thanks very much!
vmaxaholic is offline   Reply With Quote