www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Central Regional States

South Central Regional States Local discussions for those on the South Central US. (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas)

Old May 9th, 2011, 15:02   #1
alphaseinor

Fuel Economy: 35 in city floored, 48 on highway @75mph
Default alphaseinor's new Shop in Frisco, TX is open

Hey Everyone,

I've been doing TDIClub work for a number of years, We are excited to be in our new location in Denton, TX (we were in Frisco...)
This facility is about twice the size of our previous one, and hopefully will help us get the cars in and out more quickly (we were a 3 bay shop, now we are a 5 bay shop, 3,000+SqFt). I've invested a lot of time and money into finding a suitable location, and apologize for anyone who has to drive further to get to us, however it will be closer for the vast majority of customers. We will also be updating our website to a nicer one in the next month or two... Thank you for your patronage!

Digi Sport Performance, LLC
2401 Worthington Drive
Suite 115
Denton, TX 76207

www.dspauto.com
214-257-8221 Office
214-299-2748 Brian's Cell (alphaseinor)

My email is always the same
alphaseinor@gmail.com

Last edited by alphaseinor; July 10th, 2013 at 09:36. Reason: New location again!
alphaseinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2011, 21:47   #2
Dutchada

All,

If you are looking for a TDI tech in DFW, DSP is worth a look. I used to look to the dealer for routine maintenance until I was left with a 7 mpg deficit from the first timing belt change at 80k. After endlessly arguing with the dealership, DSP did my second timing belt change (and egr cooler / transmission fluid) at 160k and found that the timing was off and the dealer had overfilled my transmission by about 4 quarts. DSP was honest, timely and reasonable. Not a shameless plug, just real life experience.

’06 Jetta TDI 180K 42.5 mgp avg
’09 Jetta TDI 45k 38.5 mpg avg
Dutchada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 23:42   #3
alphaseinor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchada View Post
All,

If you are looking for a TDI tech in DFW, DSP is worth a look. I used to look to the dealer for routine maintenance until I was left with a 7 mpg deficit from the first timing belt change at 80k. After endlessly arguing with the dealership, DSP did my second timing belt change (and egr cooler / transmission fluid) at 160k and found that the timing was off and the dealer had overfilled my transmission by about 4 quarts. DSP was honest, timely and reasonable. Not a shameless plug, just real life experience.

06 Jetta TDI 180K 42.5 mgp avg
09 Jetta TDI 45k 38.5 mpg avg
Thanks for the reply!... I'm pretty sure the dealer just didn't drain the rest of the DSG... just pulled the plug, and not the tube above the plug, then just filled it again, and didn't check the level.

Thanks for being a great customer!
Old June 16th, 2011, 21:35   #4
kbrenny
Veteran Member

I have been dealing wih Brian for going on 4 years now.

He is one of the best VW TDI techs I have ever met and he really knows his stuff.

He also understands us TDI owners, something the stealership and most shops don't understand.
kbrenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 21:40   #5
K5ING
Mega-Miler

Fuel Economy: 46 mixed/51 highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrenny View Post
I have been dealing wih Brian for going on 4 years now.

He is one of the best VW TDI techs I have ever met and he really knows his stuff.

He also understands us TDI owners, something the stealership and most shops don't understand.
+1 on the above. Brian is one of the very few that I'll let touch my car.

Silver 2001 2 dr. Golf GL TDI 5-speed (original owner)
441,000+ miles and climbing!
Photobucket photos | Odometer video
"Caught at the Curb" blog | DFW TDI List
K5ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 05:25   #6
jdoisher

TDI(s): Jetta

Brian tuned my car yesterday evening and fixed it at the sametime (bad maff)!! Car runs great and Brians a easy guy to deal with.
Jason
jdoisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 14:12   #7
alphaseinor

Thanks Kevin, Jeff, and Jason!
Old September 14th, 2011, 09:07   #8
JBee

I just had my 05 Jetta worked on here. The did a great job in one day. I took it in to have the T-belt and water pump changed. While it was there I had them look at the cruise control that was not working. They were able to diagnose and fix it. They inspected the overall car and also gave me a heads up on items in need of service as well. I also had them put the Malone stage II tune while they had it. I am very pleased with their work and will return to them in the future. Thanks Brian!
Old September 14th, 2011, 09:11   #9
alphaseinor

Thanks Jeremy,

Let me know how you like the tune and how your mileage goes.
Old September 19th, 2011, 14:53   #10
ItsADiesel
Veteran Member

A couple years ago I was having troubles with my automatic transmission in my 2002 Jetta. After doing some research I found out that the 01M tansmission is well known for being a "problem child". During my research I found Brian on the forum and was looking at getting a 5-Speed swap done. I drove my Jetta down to Dallas (I live in Omaha, Nebraska) dropped off my car with Brian and took a rental down to visit my brother in Houston for a few days. Later that week I came back to the shop and Brian had the swap complete and even let me go on the first test drive with him. While it was in there he also replaced the rear main seal that was leaking. From the time I found him on the forum to the time I drove away from his shop with my new 5-Speed, Brian was a top notch person to work with! Service was great and I couldn't be happier with my 5-Speed! Its been about a year and a half since I had the swap done and I have had NO problems what so ever. I think it was for an extra $20 he put in an upgraded Sachs clutch and the dieselgeek short shifter kit was included in the swap. If I'm ever in the Dallas area again and I need any work done, I'm definitelty going back to him! I can honestly say that the service and quality I got from Brian was definitely worth the drive from Omaha to Dallas! Thanks Brian!
1996 Harlequin #004/264
2000 Ford F250 Powerstroke - 202,000 miles
1964 Chevrolet Corvette
ItsADiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 12:16   #11
alphaseinor

thank you! Glad to see it's running well!
Old January 18th, 2012, 13:19   #12
briantmc

Default Dsp

Great service fair pricing check my post here ( http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=341479 )
briantmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2012, 06:49   #13
alphaseinor

Thanks again Brian!
Old January 27th, 2012, 04:06   #14
r_boyd

Default alphaseinor's new Shop in Frisco, TX is open

Sorry for so long in getting this posted ,Had 02 golf in for 20,000 mile service and Brian found several things that person that did my timing belt service did incorrectly straightened their mistakes up and retimed car running better that it has will continue to use Brian shop for service
r_boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 11:37   #15
NickLim

I thought I drop a note to say that I had Brian work on my 2009 TDI for the 40k + DSG service last October, and have had no problems with my car 7k miles later. He's a great guy to talk to and will walk you through all the things he does. Also, he reduced the price because some of his materials was a bit cheaper than before, how many people will do that?

I totally recommend him, though anyone from Houston, it will be quite a journey.
NickLim is offline   Reply With Quote