Diesel Purge Success

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Last week I cleaned my injectors with Diesel Purge. The engine had 146,XXX miles at the time of cleaning. I have never cleaned the injectors before using the Diesel Purge, only using Power Service or 2% bio-diesel as an additive. I've owned this Jetta since new.

I believe I have gained 2 mpg and possibly 3 mpg after the cleaning.

Also, after running the Diesel Purge through the engine, it appeared to idle quieter and the power seemed smoother.

I don't feel as if I have more power after the cleaning, just smoother power when accelerating.

Best $8.00 I've spent, imo, on my TDI. I highly recommend trying Diesel Purge first, if you think your injector nozzles need replacing.

jon_7248

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Good to hear. My GF's ALH has 90k on it before I touched it. She is the original owner and even noticed a smoother engine feel (idled a little rough) after running the purge through. I even took it on a 300 mile highway run which helps. She only does highway a few times a year as she lived 5 miles from work. She averaged 40 on her last highway trip. I averaged 43 after the clean and now 48 after the same 300 mile trip with my Q-Loader tune. I am very pleased with Diesel Purge in comparison to gasoline cleaners effectiveness.