Dead peddle

Westro

Veteran Member
TDI
My higher mileage 2002 is having a dead pedal issue. Blinking glow plug light and will not rev over 1500 or so RPMs. Read the codes and had and ABS code and a sensor out of range, throttle pedal. Like a goof I cleared the codes instead of copied them.

Is this an issue with the pedal assembly?

Thanks

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Look up MrSafety on here, he's found a way of pulling them apart and sorting them out, he has all the pics etc.:)

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Right I've found this one by MrSafety, I don't know if he's done the pics etc yet.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=310150

The only other thing I seen was someone who couldn't rev up and it turned out the egr and intake were severely clogged but everything was fine after a good clean out.:)

Westro

Veteran Member
TDI
I would believe that this is a pedal assembly issue, I can clear the code (3 key cycles) and everything is back to normal.

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You need a pedal assembly. Chances are the one in your car is a Hella unit, and the newer replacement will be a Bosch, and you may need to drill out a hole in the new pedal assembly to fit your car (this is normal, and the hole is already in the molding, you'll just need to complete it so it attaches).

Not super common, but it happens. Pretty easy to change.

For the diesel engine with manual transmission it should be 6Q1-721-503-H but check by VIN to be certain.

Westro

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry about that, fixed my spelling error.

Thanks Oilhammer, which vender has a Pedal assembly? for a 2002, Sedan, 5 speed?

We will try the assembly first, my 58 year old father is currently driving it, I may take it for a couple days as he stated that he could hear wastegate air noise when he was low on power. I've been a nice guy and let him borrow the higher mileage 2002 as he is doing some long distance contract work. Codes didn't come up with anything with the wastegate so will address the pedal first as this was the codes that popped up.

Thanks.. I will respond if this fixes the issue so that people can search this for resolution.

Last edited:

Westro

Veteran Member
TDI
Just an update, the pedal assembly was bad. After replacement it is better than new, put 700 miles on it today, over 260K miles on it.