www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old March 17th, 2011, 15:40   #1
glennco
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2010 JSW DSG
Default 10,000 mile service

Well, we got the 10k mile service done on our JSW today. Overall things went pretty well.

I asked about software updates and they said there weren't any slated for our VIN range, and they weren't willing to patch the system if VW hadn't slated anything for our car. I was hoping to get the driveability update, but apparently that wasn't in the cards.

Oil level looked good after the change, but I found out the alignment was off on both rear tires, which cause the rear tires to be down at 4/10. Unfortunately I didn't purchase the car from our local dealer, so I can't push them for new tires. The service writer said the issue was most likely caused by an issue from the car being taken off the truck originally, and he found that one of the wheels was replaced before we even bought the car.

So, it looks like I'll be talking to the purchasing dealer to see if they'll pony up for a portion of the cost of two tires.

The car ran like crap for the first 5 minutes after I picked it up, idle bouncing around by like 400 rpms. After a bit the idle evened out and everything was fine.

Overall, I'm happy with the service though I think.

We talked about additives for a couple of minutes and the service writer stated that they had a car whose fuel line had to be replaced, and they had to send the fuel lines into VW for analysis along with a fuel sample before they would cover the repair.

Thoughts/comments from the folks who have more experience dealing with these cars than me?

thanks in advance
Old March 17th, 2011, 15:58   #2
Slo.Mo.Shun
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennco View Post

I asked about software updates and they said there weren't any slated for our VIN range, and they weren't willing to patch the system if VW hadn't slated anything for our car. I was hoping to get the driveability update, but apparently that wasn't in the cards.
They gave me the same run around when I got my 30K done.

Now I have to make an appointment to get updated.
Old March 17th, 2011, 19:32   #3
MayorDJQ
Veteran Member

Quote:
Oil level looked good after the change, but I found out the alignment was off on both rear tires, which cause the rear tires to be down at 4/10. Unfortunately I didn't purchase the car from our local dealer, so I can't push them for new tires. The service writer said the issue was most likely caused by an issue from the car being taken off the truck originally, and he found that one of the wheels was replaced before we even bought the car.

So, it looks like I'll be talking to the purchasing dealer to see if they'll pony up for a portion of the cost of two tires.
Did they do an alignment? If not, the tires will continue to wear. Good luck getting any dough from the dealer.

Quote:
The car ran like crap for the first 5 minutes after I picked it up, idle bouncing around by like 400 rpms. After a bit the idle evened out and everything was fine.

Overall, I'm happy with the service though I think.
Those two statements are contradictory. I would not be happy is the car wouldn't idle after the dealer touched it. The 10k service is an oil change and tire rotation (if you're lucky). What else did they do to it? They shouldn't have done anything to affect the idle.

Quote:
We talked about additives for a couple of minutes and the service writer stated that they had a car whose fuel line had to be replaced, and they had to send the fuel lines into VW for analysis along with a fuel sample before they would cover the repair.
I'd be a little skeptical about any stories from the service writer. I can't imagine an additive that would corrode a fuel line, rubber, plastic, or metal.
MayorDJQ is offline   Reply With Quote