www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You



Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 17th, 2011, 15:40   #1
glennco
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: WI
TDI(s): 2010 JSW DSG
Default 10,000 mile service

Well, we got the 10k mile service done on our JSW today. Overall things went pretty well.

I asked about software updates and they said there weren't any slated for our VIN range, and they weren't willing to patch the system if VW hadn't slated anything for our car. I was hoping to get the driveability update, but apparently that wasn't in the cards.

Oil level looked good after the change, but I found out the alignment was off on both rear tires, which cause the rear tires to be down at 4/10. Unfortunately I didn't purchase the car from our local dealer, so I can't push them for new tires. The service writer said the issue was most likely caused by an issue from the car being taken off the truck originally, and he found that one of the wheels was replaced before we even bought the car.

So, it looks like I'll be talking to the purchasing dealer to see if they'll pony up for a portion of the cost of two tires.

The car ran like crap for the first 5 minutes after I picked it up, idle bouncing around by like 400 rpms. After a bit the idle evened out and everything was fine.

Overall, I'm happy with the service though I think.

We talked about additives for a couple of minutes and the service writer stated that they had a car whose fuel line had to be replaced, and they had to send the fuel lines into VW for analysis along with a fuel sample before they would cover the repair.

Thoughts/comments from the folks who have more experience dealing with these cars than me?

thanks in advance
__________________
glennco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 15:58   #2
Slo.Mo.Shun
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: FT. Lauderdale
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennco View Post

I asked about software updates and they said there weren't any slated for our VIN range, and they weren't willing to patch the system if VW hadn't slated anything for our car. I was hoping to get the driveability update, but apparently that wasn't in the cards.
They gave me the same run around when I got my 30K done.

Now I have to make an appointment to get updated.
__________________
Slo.Mo.Shun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 19:32   #3
MayorDJQ
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Williamstown, Mass
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennco View Post
Oil level looked good after the change, but I found out the alignment was off on both rear tires, which cause the rear tires to be down at 4/10. Unfortunately I didn't purchase the car from our local dealer, so I can't push them for new tires. The service writer said the issue was most likely caused by an issue from the car being taken off the truck originally, and he found that one of the wheels was replaced before we even bought the car.

So, it looks like I'll be talking to the purchasing dealer to see if they'll pony up for a portion of the cost of two tires.
Did they do an alignment? If not, the tires will continue to wear. Good luck getting any dough from the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennco View Post
The car ran like crap for the first 5 minutes after I picked it up, idle bouncing around by like 400 rpms. After a bit the idle evened out and everything was fine.

Overall, I'm happy with the service though I think.
Those two statements are contradictory. I would not be happy is the car wouldn't idle after the dealer touched it. The 10k service is an oil change and tire rotation (if you're lucky). What else did they do to it? They shouldn't have done anything to affect the idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennco View Post
We talked about additives for a couple of minutes and the service writer stated that they had a car whose fuel line had to be replaced, and they had to send the fuel lines into VW for analysis along with a fuel sample before they would cover the repair.
I'd be a little skeptical about any stories from the service writer. I can't imagine an additive that would corrode a fuel line, rubber, plastic, or metal.
MayorDJQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free 10,000 mile service? Stealer quotes $99.95 TDIAllen VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) 27 February 4th, 2011 07:41
10,000 mile service in the Bay Area jthayer West Coast Canada/USA 11 June 29th, 2010 15:13
10,000 mile Service Observations and Questions rcrawford VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas 7 February 14th, 2006 02:00
10,000 mile service, without going broke vinvwtdi West Coast Canada/USA 6 April 12th, 2004 21:00
CCV mod and 10,000 mile service. Worry? Judson VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) 3 December 16th, 2001 19:28


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2014
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
1996 - 2013, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.15748 seconds with 10 queries
[Output: 61.30 Kb. compressed to 55.86 Kb. by saving 5.43 Kb. (8.86%)]