www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old March 7th, 2011, 08:57   #1
pams69ghia

Default 1.9 TDi AUY Overboost....new turbo fitted, what next?

Hi All.
We have a 2001 Ford Galaxy fitted with the 115BHP VW AUY Engine. It had continual overboost problems when we bought it and the vanes on the turbo were badly sticking.

I had the unit rebuilt but we are still getting intermittent problems with overboost, typically when going up a hill at low revs say in 3rd gear and trying to accelerate up it.

Did a bit of searching on here and from what I have read it could be one of the following.
Faulty MAF sensor
Leak from a vacuum line
Faulty N75 valve
Faulty actuator seal.

I have a mity vac tool and also vagcom.

Where would be the most obvious place to start looking. I thought about replacing all the vac lines first as this would probably be the cheapest option. How much and what size tubing would I need to replace it all?

TIA.
pams69ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2011, 10:02   #2
Tom W.
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Getta 49MPG IDI 60MPG Passat 34mpg

follow the thread in my signature- canadiangrizzly's piece - it will guide you through the process of diagnosing your problem
good luck!

canadiangrizzly's Diagnosing limp mode: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=179589

GoFaster on loss of power:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=75959
Tom W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2011, 13:25   #3
pams69ghia

That was where I got my info! lol.

A quick question about the N75. Will that operate the same on my engine and can I cycle it with Vag-Com? I assumed that as the actuator on the turbo was controlled by a vacuum, without the engine running there would be no vacuum to cause it to move, am I miising something or will there be a vacuum reserve to enable it to cycle a few times?

Will check the MAF by disconnecting it and see what happens first, then the N75 with Vag-com. Then its on to tracing the vac lines.
pams69ghia is offline   Reply With Quote