www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old August 3rd, 2016, 11:55   #61
billymade

There is now; added bronze slider parts, to replace the failure prone plastic that comes on the upgraded steel forks. Sold by Dark Side Developments in the UK:

Bronze Sliders for 02M & 02Q Steel Selector / Shifter Forks
Price: 20.00
SKU: DSD1790

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.u...ter-forks.html
billymade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2016, 02:34   #62
ryanp

in 100's of conversions 2 or 3 maybe broke a fork but its still an easy fix.

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE
ryanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 17:12   #63
adjat84th
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~50 in mixed driving

In the process of getting my LSD (along with DC stage 3 clutch) and steel shift forks installed into the 02Q for my MK7 Golf, and this thread has been read over many times in preparation to this project. I tend to take my time when doing anything on my cars, and this being the first time I've ever been into a transmission I really took it easy. I could not get the case halves separated, and wound up with a permanent reminder how NOT to get them apart. So, after some thought I came up with a super easy method!

The seal broke almost immediately and then I began going to town on the input shaft bearing with the dead blow to get the halves all the way apart.

Once apart I was very happy with what I found inside. ZERO brass shift forks on any gears, and what looks like updated sliders. In all of my reading about these 02Qs, I've yet to come across any without at least one set of brass forks inside. Here is a side by side of the steel forks I got in case I did have brass ones for the 1-4th gears next to the ones in this particular 02Q.

Also, at least on this "high-torque" version of Peloquin, there are only ARP bolts..no nuts. The diff had four extra bolts included that are used to pull the ring gear down, then install the remaining bolts with connecting plates.

adjat84th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 06:21   #64
HoverJohn

Awesome thread - I lost 1-2 on the way home last Friday (mk4 golf 130K) seems like the rivets gone luckily I was at a stop and it fell out in neutral so I could limp it home in 3rd.

has anyone tried using M8 countersunk in the Shift fork?

Also whats the difference between this and the 02N boxes? I know some internals are interchangeable and both the 02m and 02N fit in the same VW vehicle platform (seat leaon& Golf?
only asking as I have a FWD 02N sat here although I have an 02N 4motion in the sharan I assume that's just a diff-erence to allow the Haldex coupling to work?

Ta.

JB
HoverJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2017, 04:37   #65
Sheppy

Any subscribers/OP, please may you look here and advise if possible:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=478578

Thank you
Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 02:15   #66
majesty78
Veteran Member

TDI(s): VW Polo ASZ
Fuel Economy: 30mpg

What a pitty the pics are all gone :-(
Old December 26th, 2017, 09:36   #67
smelly621
Veteran Member

Thinking about picking up a six speed and LSD, so I installed the google chrome extension that fixes photobucket links (for the time being) and made a pdf of the first page with all the images. I uploaded the pdf to the TDI Club image gallery so it won't be lost again- you can find it here: http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.ph...nstall&cat=517

I do have a question for folk around this - I have heard "rumors" that folks have used 02Q transmissions in MK4 applications - and drilled the case for the missing mk4 speed sensor - but I have not seen anyone personally claim they have done this. Can anyone here claim success using an 02Q in a mk4?
smelly621 is offline   Reply With Quote