Pinout on EDC15

DJGonzo

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 2.0 BHW
I just tried a Motronic harness I made on my EDC15 to try flashing it, and needless to say, I burnt my fuse, and possibly ECU (you live and you learn).

Does anybody have a pinout of the ECU harness? I just need power, ground, ignition and K line.

Going to attempt the MSA15 to EDC15 swap this week or the next.

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
I just tried a Motronic harness I made on my EDC15 to try flashing it, and needless to say, I burnt my fuse, and possibly ECU (you live and you learn).

Does anybody have a pinout of the ECU harness? I just need power, ground, ignition and K line.

Going to attempt the MSA15 to EDC15 swap this week or the next.

I'll be performing a MSA15 to EDC15 swap too :) I might make an adapter so no wire cutting is needed.

These pinouts are identical for EDC15P.

Cheers,
Mark

DJGonzo

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 2.0 BHW
You the man!

Hopefully my ECU didn't die. Im gonna make an extra bench harness with another ME7 plug and label them. One EDC15 and another one ME7.

How are you going to make the adapter? Chopping up the MSA15? I don't want to chop her up just in case something goes wrong, but making an adapter would sure make my life easier. I can just make an adapter out of the car and then just plug it in.

Thanks.

choramix

Veteran Member
TDI
golf mk3 afn 1997
i will try too make a adapter i alreade have the 2 plugs and ecu and a conectore 68 pin from a old ecu i damage to catch the plug hehe

now it to burn the brain seing squematics

cumminsfromthecold

Veteran Member
TDI
'84 Toyota 1Z 4WD x-cab, '13 Jetta Wagon
Pinout for 68-pin 1Z TDI?

Thanks for sharing that - very handy for me little Jetta.

Mark, might you have such a basic pinout for the 68-pin 1Z TDI?

WayFastJett

TDI
81 caddy,00 jetta, 03 wagon
i know this is resurecting an old thread, looking in my bentley 37 on tdi is the ignition power correct? and on VR6 37 is not used. asking as i have an ecu plug for vr6 (dont need as i only have tdi's and will relocate a wire to 37 if i am accurate with the tdi/vr6 pins being different. tried finding the vr6 pages but havent seen yet.