www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old February 8th, 2011, 19:48   #1
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Default 2nd Annual Platteville Dyno Day April 30th, 2011

Yep it's that time of the year again............ to see if the upgrades you made pay off in the power department. I was able to set up a time for a dyno day at the new engineering building that has an in floor dyno.

Info:
Date: Saturday April 30th
Time: 10am - 9pm
Location: Platteville ,WI New Engineering building is #25 on this map http://www.uwplatt.edu/contact/images/Campus_Map.jpg
Cost: $30 for 3 pulls on the dyno and additional donations are welcome to help out the teams that are helping out that day.

It should go without saying, but make sure your car is in good working order, since having a catastrophic failure on the dyno would be no good

This year I think I'll open up to 15 cars to run on the dyno, since we now have a better idea of how many cars we get through. I'm possibly going to open it up members on the Vortex depending on the interest from TDIClub members first
1. Fix Until Broke
2. ducerswld
3. JPDiesel
4. PoochiePD
5. tshoe32
6. Guz15
7. darkhorse
8. Curious Chris
9. mctdi
11. JFettig
12. JasonCzerak
13. nic_a_bod

Look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new people and just to make everyone aware I'm currently in a wheelchair due to diving accident and caused a spinal cord injury. I'm on the road to recovery and hoping to be back behind the wheel asap. For a little more background on my accident http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ericmurrock/mystory

Feel free to contact me with any questions. It might take a day or two for me to respond, fyi.

Door County Cruise May 17th, 2014 http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...70#post4484470

Last edited by 3L3M3NT; April 9th, 2011 at 18:22.
3L3M3NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 20:58   #2
greengeeker

Fuel Economy: 42.2/50.0/58.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L3M3NT View Post
Look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new people and just to make everyone aware I'm currently in a wheelchair due to diving accident and caused a spinal cord injury. I'm on the road to recovery and hoping to be back behind the wheel asap.
Sorry to hear that Eric. Good luck with your recovery bud!
TDIclub trusted mechanic in Minnesota - PM me MY CALENDAR
greengeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:03   #3
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeker View Post
Sorry to hear that Eric. Good luck with your recovery bud!
Thanks, it's going to be a long road, but I've made quite a bit of progress already and hoping more will come

Door County Cruise May 17th, 2014 http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...70#post4484470
Old February 9th, 2011, 18:03   #4
bdub

Fuel Economy: Jetta: 40mpg Golf: 45mpg

Is this open for anyone to come in and just check out everyone else's cars? My two TDIs are bone stock, but I wouldn't mind seeing what all you other crazies out there have done to your cars.
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 19:17   #5
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
Is this open for anyone to come in and just check out everyone else's cars? My two TDIs are bone stock, but I wouldn't mind seeing what all you other crazies out there have done to your cars.
You are more than welcome to come by and check things out and see meet some of the other members and their rides.

I'll have to check with my friends to see if they would be willing to cook up some burgers and brats like they did last year.

Old February 10th, 2011, 00:23   #6
Fix_Until_Broke
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 75.0/53.0/38.4

I'll be there - count me in.

I'll hopefully have some cool things to test out as well

Eric - I read your CaringBridge journal (the whole thing!) and want to wish you the best of luck in your recovery. I can't believe what you've already been through and accomplished. You have unbelievable determination and support from friends and family that most people could only dream of. Keep up the steady progress.
03 Jetta, Cat 2u, DG Steel SP w/MOGolf Mod, 3"DP, 4"EXH, EaBP110 Bypass, Euroswitch, ECodes, Driving Light, PD Lift Pump, R520's, RC5,RC6, TDTuning, Malone, ScanGaugeII, 3" TIP, 2" TOP, GTC1444VZ, 3 Bar MAP, VR6 MAF, Vented Fender Liner, Battery Cover Mod, 11mm, Monster Mats, 215/55/17 (27.9/53.0/75) Monthly MPG Links, Euro Trunk Latch, IDParts RSB, SDI or ALH Intake, ASV Ceramic Pistons, Rosten Rods, DRW, Wavetrac, SBC, FSD's, Beef Springs, Rebuilt Head, Recaro's, Colt II, DG Sigma 6, RMT200
Fix_Until_Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:17   #7
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Fix_Until_Broke;3287111]I'll be there - count me in.

I'll hopefully have some cool things to test out as well

Eric - I read your CaringBridge journal (the whole thing!) and want to wish you the best of luck in your recovery. I can't believe what you've already been through and accomplished. You have unbelievable determination and support from friends and family that most people could only dream of. Keep up the steady progress.[/QUOTE

I can hardly wait to see what you have up your sleeve Added to the list

Wow! to be honest I haven't read what my mom has posted on CaringBridge, but then again as you can imagine the first couple of weeks I didn't do much of anything so I'm very impressed you read it all!

I've been very blessed with the support and encouragement I've received from family and friends, which I'm very grateful for. With their support and my determination I'm hoping for a full recovery, but it will take time, so I'm learning patience lol

Not sure I'll have any performance upgrades done since the dyno day last year Hopefully the upgrades get back on track

Old February 19th, 2011, 18:14   #8
ducesrwld
Veteran Member

TDI(s): none

hmmmm....add me to the list should have my car back and juiced up by this point. this brm should be cranking out a few extra ponies by then.

BRM/PD Leftovers for sale - 5 speed swap, Q Loader, stock turbo
ducesrwld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 13:15   #9
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducesrwld View Post
hmmmm....add me to the list should have my car back and juiced up by this point. this brm should be cranking out a few extra ponies by then.

Added I was wondering if your car was going to be ready........ can't wait to see it.

Old February 20th, 2011, 13:54   #10
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-18 towing hwy

Eric, just heard. Hope things go well for you man. Got a good family supporting you there.
Old February 20th, 2011, 14:00   #11
Guz15
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '06 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 45 mpg hwy

I think I might try to make it out for this. I hope to have my 11mm pump installed by then. Just gotta find time to do it. Either way, i am curious to see what my golf is puttin out these days. I never had it dyno'd.
Old February 20th, 2011, 14:09   #12
squire89
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 jetta
Fuel Economy: low 40s

i'll probably come and hang out but my car is nothing special...i'll hopefully have my wheel adapters by then....so that will be something to "show off"

eric, i told brian andaloro about this as well so he's thinking about coming as well...
Old February 20th, 2011, 17:25   #13
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonTDI View Post
Eric, just heard. Hope things go well for you man. Got a good family supporting you there.
Thanks Jason. I'm very grateful to have the support and encouragement I get. On a side note a friend of mine will hopefully be bringing his 06.5 to for some maintenance and issues he's having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guz15 View Post
I think I might try to make it out for this. I hope to have my 11mm pump installed by then. Just gotta find time to do it. Either way, i am curious to see what my golf is puttin out these days. I never had it dyno'd.
Well get to, so the car is ready Should I add you to the list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squire89 View Post
i'll probably come and hang out but my car is nothing special...i'll hopefully have my wheel adapters by then....so that will be something to "show off"

eric, i told brian andaloro about this as well so he's thinking about coming as well...
What wheels did you pick up? Mercedes comes to mind.........

I know Brian was planning on coming last year, but had headlight issues......... , so hopefully he can make it this year.

I'll post this in the vortex in a couple of weeks, since I figured I would give TDICub members the 1st chance to sign up.

Old February 20th, 2011, 18:19   #14
greengeeker

Fuel Economy: 42.2/50.0/58.1

Contact Darkhorse - I'm sure he would up for a little dyno action.
TDIclub trusted mechanic in Minnesota - PM me MY CALENDAR
greengeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 19:16   #15
squire89
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 jetta
Fuel Economy: low 40s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L3M3NT View Post
What wheels did you pick up? Mercedes comes to mind.........

I know Brian was planning on coming last year, but had headlight issues......... , so hopefully he can make it this year.

I actually picked up 2 sets of wheels...

first 18" porsche wheels with improper tires so a terrible test fit....

second i picked up a set of AMG Aero II wheels that need to be refinished due to corrosion under the clear coat, which just means they get to look really good once they go on

this is what mine will likely end up looking like...