www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Closed Thread

Old December 22nd, 2010, 16:03   #1
vancity

TDI(s): Jetta 2001
Default FS: MK IV Bora \ Jetta OEM Xenon HID Headlights Replicas, Great Quality!

Currently out of stock til the end of the year.

Last edited by vancity; September 17th, 2011 at 00:43.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:15   #2
LiLredTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ohh...I'd say bout 42mpg

Think there was somebody selling these here a while back. Never actually head from any members about fit/finish or overall quality of build and light output. If anyone has them drop a line or two.
2004 Jetta PD-RC race, 17/22,stg.IIcoltcam PD150 Inj.,Rosten Rods, Ported head,PP DP, cat delete/2 1/2" piping/Magnaflo muffler, R32 airbox/snorkle,PD150 TIP, SB stg 3 ,NSboost/egt gauges, BBS RS II's, Koni FSD/Eibach Kit, M3 side skirts/ rearwindow spoiler,GLI F/R lips FK bumper scoops

Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:34   #3
squire89
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 jetta
Fuel Economy: low 40s

fit and initial quality seems good. i've had mine for about....a year now i think and they're nice.

one complaint, and that the horizontal adjustment seems inneffective when used. i just need to take them off of my car to readjust them...but its cold and i don't have heated shop. i've just been dealing with it as of late.

this price is much better then the price i paid...
Old December 23rd, 2010, 12:11   #4
vancity

I've gotten some feedback from people who have bought these lights in the last year from a different seller, and overall, they are happy with the build quality, light output, and appearance. No complaints about that I could find.

In terms of improvements, there was some concerns about quality control, dust in the housing, etc. Plus, they had a hard time aiming the lights. This may have been the case with the old batch, but these lights were manufactured this fall, not old stock, and quality control is definetly better.

I was able to adjust my headlights and aim them properly. I've had real OEM HIDs, the Helix replicas, and some cheapo Depo lights, and honestly they are closest thing to the real ones.

I think the real advantage of these lights if you are looks for some HIDS is not only the price, but you dont need to drill holes to fit an HID kit, apply sealant around the headlight housing, everything is plug and play. Plus the manual adjusters are a better design, they dont break like the OEMs. I could never aim my Helix OEM replica HIDs as well. I even took it to the shop I bought it from, he suggested getting some washers...

Why pay anywhere from $1200 to 2000+ for a new set, or $800-900 for a used set when you can get almost the same thing for much less.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 17:26   #5
thebigarniedog
Master of the Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancity View Post
I've gotten some feedback from people who have bought these lights in the last year from a different seller, and overall, they are happy with the build quality, light output, and appearance. No complaints about that I could find.

In terms of improvements, there was some concerns about quality control, dust in the housing, etc. Plus, they had a hard time aiming the lights. This may have been the case with the old batch, but these lights were manufactured this fall, not old stock, and quality control is definetly better.

I was able to adjust my headlights and aim them properly. I've had real OEM HIDs, the Helix replicas, and some cheapo Depo lights, and honestly they are closest thing to the real ones.

I think the real advantage of these lights if you are looks for some HIDS is not only the price, but you dont need to drill holes to fit an HID kit, apply sealant around the headlight housing, everything is plug and play. Plus the manual adjusters are a better design, they dont break like the OEMs. I could never aim my Helix OEM replica HIDs as well. I even took it to the shop I bought it from, he suggested getting some washers...

Why pay anywhere from $1200 to 2000+ for a new set, or $800-900 for a used set when you can get almost the same thing for much less.
What is the Country of manufacture for these lights? China/Taiwan/Germany? Please tell .....
When interviewed about why no diesel for the new F150, Ford responded to effect that diesel makes no sense in the 1/2 ton market. That brilliance should be repeated in every Ram 1500 eco-diesel commercial.

OCD TDICLUB MEMBER # 1
Old December 23rd, 2010, 20:05   #6
squire89
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 jetta
Fuel Economy: low 40s

somewhere in asia if i remember correctly...
Old December 23rd, 2010, 20:15   #7
vancity

Headligts and ballasts are made in China. The D2S Xenon bulbs and the other bulbs are made by Osram or Philips in Germany.

I know, everyone says stuff made in China is junk.... I bought some stuff off Ebay such as a center arm rest, and subsequently threw it in the trash, I did not even want to try to sell it to someone else. I'm not here to sell junk.

This manufacturer is ISO 16949 certified, and these lights have the European E-code certification on them with the paperwork to back it up. This manufacturer specializes in producing headlights, grilles, taillights for OEM replacement for VW, Audi, Honda, Toyota, GM, Ford, and others. Their products are used mostly for replacement parts after an accident. So they are meant to look and fit like the originals.

Real Hella Jetta MK IV Halogen E-Codes are made in China as well. I'm selling some of the replica ones as well, and cant tell the difference which is Hella, and which is not, except one does not have the Hella label on it.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 23:46   #8
david_594
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51.7/48.2/40.7

I sent you a PM. I have a busted up ecode in need of replacing, which means it would be a good time for upgrading.
Old December 24th, 2010, 16:51   #9
LiLredTDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancity View Post

So..........If you have a stock MK4 without fogs. What do you need to make these work? Just a fog light wiring kit? What makes the leveling motors work? Or they simply plug and play?
2004 Jetta PD-RC race, 17/22,stg.IIcoltcam PD150 Inj.,Rosten Rods, Ported head,PP DP, cat delete/2 1/2" piping/Magnaflo muffler, R32 airbox/snorkle,PD150 TIP, SB stg 3 ,NSboost/egt gauges, BBS RS II's, Koni FSD/Eibach Kit, M3 side skirts/ rearwindow spoiler,GLI F/R lips FK bumper scoops

Old December 24th, 2010, 17:37   #10
thebigarniedog
Master of the Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLredTDI View Post
So..........If you have a stock MK4 without fogs. What do you need to make these work? Just a fog light wiring kit? What makes the leveling motors work? Or they simply plug and play?

Without reference to these lights ...... to operate foglights on a mk4 thru a euroswitch you will have to run the wiring from the euro switch to a relay and then add lines to your light housings from there (as the mk4 tdis are not equipped with the wiring). I think ECS tuning carries the wiring you need. It's not a hard job.
When interviewed about why no diesel for the new F150, Ford responded to effect that diesel makes no sense in the 1/2 ton market. That brilliance should be repeated in every Ram 1500 eco-diesel commercial.

OCD TDICLUB MEMBER # 1
Old December 24th, 2010, 18:38   #11
burpod
teh stallionz!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLredTDI View Post
ONCE AGAIN.... HIDs DO NOT HAVE FOGS
88 scirocco
AHU 2056vl build... delayed...05 jetta tdi & 06 golf tdi
Old December 25th, 2010, 10:16   #12
LiLredTDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burpod View Post
ONCE AGAIN.... HIDs DO NOT HAVE FOGS

You are correct in this case. I did not look at the pictured lights well enough. There are however many projector style light housings on fleabay that have fogs incorporated as well into the housings.

Old December 25th, 2010, 12:08   #13
red2002

So these are plug and play?
1985 BJ70 Toyota Landcruiser 13BT JDM motor
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
Old December 25th, 2010, 12:20   #14
vancity

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2002 View Post
So these are plug and play?
Yes, remove your old headlights, plug in the new ones. You may need to use the manual adjusters to aim them.

If you want to use the leveling motors, than yes, you need to do some wiring, but most people dont bother. You can get this at some place like ECSTuning. Or go all out, and get the autoleveling setup for it.

Euroswitch is not mandatory as mentioned, OEM HIDs dont come with fogs.
Old December 25th, 2010, 12:21   #15
vancity

Thank you for your sales to date. Someone mentioned I need to aim the headlights abit better, will post better photos when I get the chance.

I'm giving everyone a break on prices til Jan 1st.
Closed Thread