www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old November 12th, 2010, 11:42   #1
Vipervnm
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Best: 48.2 mpg, Avg: 43 mpg
Default Front wheel hub triple square bolt torque value

I have a Bentley manual and for the life of me cannot find where it addresses these bolts. I've replaced his entire suspension and cannot find this one value. Friend of mine nailed a pothole and the front driver's bearing has play. We are replacing it and this is the one piece of the puzzle that's missing. What torque value do the four triple square bolts require?

Thanks!

Because someone's going to say "SEARCH", I've been searching for about an hour and can't find this info. I found dozens of threads filled with people telling other people to search or that how-to's exist but I can't find them. If it were me I would have linked those people to the thread with the answer or not posted at all, but whatever. Now there a just dozens of useless threads clogging the search that everyone holds so dear. Please do your part to keep this from becoming one of them
'46 Willys CJ2a 2.2 L-head "Go Devil" 3-sp 64k mi
Vipervnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 15:00   #2
theinternot
Veteran Member

Are you talking about the axle bolt or the 4 bolts that hold on the wheel bearing hub assembly?

I found this for the axle bolt:

Here are the specs:
Hex: 180Nm+180deg
XZN (triple square): 70Nm+90deg

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=264539

post #3

------

4 axle hub assembly bolts:

Install:

1. Install wheel bearing/hub assembly. Torque the 4 triple square bolts to 80 ft lbs.
2. Put some grease inside the wheel hub teeth to help the axle slide in easily in to the hub.
3. Slide the axle into the hub. It may take some wiggling but it should slide in nice and easy once the teeth guides are matched up.

4. Install the axle bolt and tighten it enough to secure the axle but do not fully tighten.

5. Mount the brake calipers. Torque to 140 ft lbs
6. Mount the rotor. Torque bolt to 35 ft lbs.
7. Tighten axle bolt to about 120 ft lbs.
8. Install wheel. Lower car.
9. Tighten axle bolt to 148 ft lbs.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110256

Hopefully this will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipervnm View Post
I have a Bentley manual and for the life of me cannot find where it addresses these bolts. I've replaced his entire suspension and cannot find this one value. Friend of mine nailed a pothole and the front driver's bearing has play. We are replacing it and this is the one piece of the puzzle that's missing. What torque value do the four triple square bolts require?

Thanks!

Because someone's going to say "SEARCH", I've been searching for about an hour and can't find this info. I found dozens of threads filled with people telling other people to search or that how-to's exist but I can't find them. If it were me I would have linked those people to the thread with the answer or not posted at all, but whatever. Now there a just dozens of useless threads clogging the search that everyone holds so dear. Please do your part to keep this from becoming one of them

Last edited by theinternot; November 12th, 2010 at 15:05.
theinternot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 18:57   #3
Vipervnm
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Best: 48.2 mpg, Avg: 43 mpg

You rock! Thanks so much! Still can't find it in Bentley. Must be in some other section I'm not expecting it to be in.
'46 Willys CJ2a 2.2 L-head "Go Devil" 3-sp 64k mi
Vipervnm is offline   Reply With Quote