www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old November 27th, 2011, 08:20   #16
bustNfuel
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 38 or so

Nicely done. I like the direction you're going with your Jetta. Nice wheels! They fill up the fender wells nicely and aren't so wide they stick out. The tint looks great! I've been procrastinating..need to get mine done. Grille blackout looks nice and will be sweet when you get the fogs in.

I have the LED tail lights but haven't installed them yet. Not sure if I want to keep the ones I have that are quite red v/s the 'cherry red' ones that are closer to the dark red of my stock tail lights. Can't install them until I get the VAG-COM which is coming soon.

The first mods I did were to replace the small '194' type 'city light' bulbs in the headlight housings with amber bulbs, put in a Euro headlight switch so I can have parking lights (I prefer full control of my headlights and plan on installing driving lights later as well). Also with the help of a local VW owner with a VAG-COM, I disabled the DRLs, seat belt chime, and can open and close my windows & sunroof with the key FOB.

Great looking Jetta you have there. I love the contrast of the white with the tinted windows. Sweet!
Old January 7th, 2012, 15:13   #17
ezwakeboarder

TDI(s): 2006 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 45 MPG's

I love the matte black grill. I have a question about your pic with the grill in pieces. I found a matte black grill pretty cheap online but it does not have the solid bumper cover part. The part that is still chrome in your grill pieces picture. Do you know what that piece is called? I need a new one as my chrome one has the holes from a front license plate so painting it matte black is out of the question.
ezwakeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 17:05   #18
corvettecrazy
Veteran Member

Thanks!!

ezwakeboarder, I don't think I have ever seen the center piece sold separately. You could pick up a used grill without holes on vortex and then sell your grill with holes.
corvettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 20:14   #19
corvettecrazy
Veteran Member

The winter look!

Note: I'm not related to the owner of the house. (But I did have permission to be there)

Old January 11th, 2012, 21:52   #20
swimtexan

Fuel Economy: 40-42

Your Jetta looks great! Whats next?
swimtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 18:29   #21
corvettecrazy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimtexan View Post
Your Jetta looks great! Whats next?
Thanks! I'm not sure. I have a bunch of LED stuff I have been thinking about doing, along with a HID projector retrofit.

Also thinking about getting rid of the DPF and going to a stage 2 tune. Not sure I want to drop the coin on that though.
Old January 13th, 2012, 03:54   #22
vdubdezl
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40-45 mpg

looks great. been thinking about blacking out the grill on mine too. Nice wheel choice. what brand?
Lord Helmet Spaceballs
vdubdezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 18:47   #23
corvettecrazy
Veteran Member

Thanks! The summer wheels are R8 replicas. The winters are biolines sprayed black.
Old January 21st, 2012, 18:45   #24
powers0430

TDI(s): 2010 2.0T
Thumbs up

nice car ! slap some coils on her and it will be pretty sexy love the color of the car
powers0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2012, 19:40   #25
corvettecrazy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powers0430 View Post
nice car ! slap some coils on her and it will be pretty sexy love the color of the car

Thanks! I've thought about coils/coilovers quite a few times. I would probably do performance related things before I ever got around to doing ride height stuff.
Old January 29th, 2012, 09:53   #26
wofman

Fuel Economy: Upper 30's - Low 40's

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvettecrazy View Post
Thanks! I've thought about coils/coilovers quite a few times. I would probably do performance related things before I ever got around to doing ride height stuff.
I think we have twins, but it looks like mine is a bit higher? I am thinking similarly -- a little performance first along with some simple cosmetics before thinking about lowering (I think I made my Audi A6 2.7t too harsh with Eibachs/Bilstein yellows/18s). If I could lower slightly and stay with stock shocks I might reconsider, though.

Plans are to add black splash guards & black wing, some tint; Revo and sway bar. 17s in spring.

Bone stock right now:

wofman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2012, 16:49   #27
corvettecrazy
Veteran Member

Nice! I made it about 2 weeks before i took my car in for tint and not too long after that, I swapped fog light grills. White looks SOOO much better with tint.
Old January 29th, 2012, 16:50   #28
BoiseTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42 combined

I like your blacked out grill, looks way better than the stock chrome. I'm thinking about doing something similiar but with the spray rubber stuff.

Ventectomy, Panzer Plate, FrostHeater, Wolfy Wheels
BoiseTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:28   #29
emerscape
Veteran Member

Corvettecrazy - have you had any issues with inspections? I want to get my wagen tinted but can't decide between 20% and 35%. I've been told that even with 35% you run the risk of being illegal because of the tint in the glass.
emerscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:47   #30
corvettecrazy
Veteran Member

I have not had any issues with inspections. Although if you went to a shop that was really strict, I guess it is possible.