www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2010

TDIFest 2010 Discussion about TDIFest 2010 on the Labour Day weekend (September 3-5th, 2010) .

Old August 10th, 2010, 23:29   #1
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s
Default TDIFest 2010: DFIS Tour

Diesel Fuel Injection Services has graciously agreed to open the doors to their facility for a free tour and Q&A on Injection Pump servicing.

Where: Here -DFIS from Sheraton or alternatively from Woodburn
When: Saturday. September 4th, 9am-2pm

http://www.dfispdx.com/

We realize that this is during Drag Racing and that most of our members will be participating in this event, however this was the only time available to us. The benefit is for those of you who are not interested in Drag Racing, you have another option to choose from. And for those of you who are racing, you can go right to DFIS after the races and still make it with an hour to spare.

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.

Last edited by Zippy_car; September 1st, 2010 at 02:18.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 16:22   #2
paramedick
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor

Any hope for a carless furriner to snag a ride?
paramedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 01:58   #3
mtbr297

I need a ride as well, or maybe public transportation. I hear the public trans is very good on Portland.
mtbr297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 23:17   #4
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbr297 View Post
I need a ride as well, or maybe public transportation. I hear the public trans is very good on Portland.
Public transit is very good in portland, indeed. we've posted all the public transit info in the 'other things to do' thread. I'm sure there will also be a few people sticking around that can provide transportation if necessary. I'll see how close our transportation can get you to the factory.

Old August 19th, 2010, 22:49   #5
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

ok, I looked up some items and you should be able to take the hotel shuttle to Cascade Station, pick up the Red line to the blue line west. Get off near the children's museum and walk a couple blocks south and you're there!

I'm certainly not a pro at using public transit, so forgive the vagueness of the directions. But that's the way it looks on the maps. :-)
so there is a way to get there, without having to hitch a ride.

Old August 20th, 2010, 11:39   #6
Blackberry

Zippy_car, the maps are pointing to a spot a bit east of Delta Park. Ain't no Blue Line going near there. The Yellow Line goes kind of nearby, though it's a bit of a walk across freeway interchanges and such.

There's a "blue line" on the Tri-Met map for bus route 8 which does go there, but Sunday morning service is about every 20-30 minutes.

Carpooling might be a good option. If you do want to transit it, take MAX Red Line from the airport area to Rose Quarter Transit Center, then hop bus route 8 heading for Vancouver Way/Middlefield.

Last edited by Blackberry; August 20th, 2010 at 11:41.
Blackberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 13:21   #7
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
Zippy_car, the maps are pointing to a spot a bit east of Delta Park. Ain't no Blue Line going near there. The Yellow Line goes kind of nearby, though it's a bit of a walk across freeway interchanges and such.

There's a "blue line" on the Tri-Met map for bus route 8 which does go there, but Sunday morning service is about every 20-30 minutes.

Carpooling might be a good option. If you do want to transit it, take MAX Red Line from the airport area to Rose Quarter Transit Center, then hop bus route 8 heading for Vancouver Way/Middlefield.
Thanks for the clarification. I hope this helps.

Old August 27th, 2010, 09:30   #8
JetPuf
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: loswest mpg 32 Towing, average 45, highest 53 hwy

I think it's a best bet to have someone with a car drive... ohh, and Bumping this up. hehe
JetPuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 15:20   #9
tongboy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: great and surprisingly not bad, depending on which car

I'd like to go - I'm planning on being at the drags but we'll see - I'll have extra room in my car.
The faster car: 97 M3 with an all aluminum american V8 12.6 @ 116 2.0 60'
tongboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 15:57   #10
brnsgrbr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 mpg

Do they perform injector pop testing? I bought some nozzles but need my injectors tested. I haven't read the whole TDIFest page yet, but it would be cool to be able to get that service performed over the weekend.
2.0Ltr ALH w/BHWs, WB girdle, IE Tuscan rods, RyanP GtB2260Vk kit, 4bar MAP; Kerma 3" exhaust w/HF cat & Aeroturbine 3030XL, headwork, DRW 6speed w/DG Sigma shifter;SBC S2 End race clutch W/ferramic disk; Peloquin TBD; Bosio Stage 2 R520s; DLI Technik mounts ; 11mm; TT CA bushings; DG Panzer FMJ, RP,& 100K TB&SB upgrade; Coolant heater; DRL & EGR deletes; ventectomy; Accuair/Airlift suspension;B20-B100
brnsgrbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 16:10   #11
tongboy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnsgrbr View Post
Do they perform injector pop testing? I bought some nozzles but need my injectors tested. I haven't read the whole TDIFest page yet, but it would be cool to be able to get that service performed over the weekend.
call them and ask - I don't recall them working of the weekend but they absolutely do do injector pop testing and shimming and all that jazz. They might work a bit for tdifest over the weekend but who knows
Old August 31st, 2010, 16:49   #12
brnsgrbr
Veteran Member

Default Highly recommended

Tours only this weekend. I have been calling around the Puget Sound area, Seattle, today and 3 out of 4 places new of and recommended these guys for VW TDIs. I am sold. I will just have to ship them down to have them done.
2.0Ltr ALH w/BHWs, WB girdle, IE Tuscan rods, RyanP GtB2260Vk kit, 4bar MAP; Kerma 3" exhaust w/HF cat & Aeroturbine 3030XL, headwork, DRW 6speed w/DG Sigma shifter;SBC S2 End race clutch W/ferramic disk; Peloquin TBD; Bosio Stage 2 R520s; DLI Technik mounts ; 11mm; TT CA bushings; DG Panzer FMJ, RP,& 100K TB&SB upgrade; Coolant heater; DRL & EGR deletes; ventectomy; Accuair/Airlift suspension;B20-B100
Old August 31st, 2010, 16:51   #13
brnsgrbr
Veteran Member

FYI, this is the number that I was given and reached the Portland location. 888-285-1213
Old August 31st, 2010, 17:06   #14
tongboy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnsgrbr View Post
Tours only this weekend. I have been calling around the Puget Sound area, Seattle, today and 3 out of 4 places new of and recommended these guys for VW TDIs. I am sold. I will just have to ship them down to have them done.
There service, honesty and speed of work are amazing. You're lucky to have them so near. The owner is very honest and helpful and frequently working the front desk. They know TDI's and have the parts to deal with them and are always interested to here how something unique comes out.
Old September 6th, 2010, 16:40   #15
paramedick
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor

Went out to DFIS and met the voices on the phone. Very nice to see what they do so well. The test equipment was amazing. Thanks.
paramedick is offline   Reply With Quote