www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Central Regional States

South Central Regional States Local discussions for those on the South Central US. (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas)

Old July 12th, 2010, 17:11   #1
07six-o
Veteran Member

TDI(s): TDI
Default Webster Texas VW Shop

I just found a shop that is near me and I wanted to see if anyone has used them or know anything about them. Its called VW Auto Works in Webster,TX. 18420 HWY 3 ste B Webster,TX. 77598.

Lonnie
07six-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 19:45   #2
Archetype

I have driven by it quite a few times (I work in Webster) Never been there though! I will ask around.
Archetype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:26   #3
horsieclatter
Veteran Member

Is this the member named "w_autoworks" ?? people from the greater friendswood tri county area wanna know...
horsieclatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:22   #4
07six-o
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsieclatter View Post
Is this the member named "w_autoworks" ?? people from the greater friendswood tri county area wanna know...
Not sure! I tried looking up that name but it said it has been disabled or something. I would like to know if anyone has been there or know anything about them. My ac is still jacked up and looking for a place to take it.

Lonnie
Old July 29th, 2010, 12:01   #5
07six-o
Veteran Member

They have been booked since I posted this and I drop my car off next Thursday so I guess we will see. I will let you know once I get my car in there and post back how it went. I'm just going to be glad to get the ac working again.

Lonnie
Old July 30th, 2010, 10:21   #6
horsieclatter
Veteran Member

okay, vee shall see...
Old July 30th, 2010, 10:43   #7
aja8888
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: About as good as it gets!

Hey Lonnie: VW A/C systems are no different than the ones in other cars. Take the car to a shop that specializes in A/C repair. It maybe a less expensive alternative.
2014 Passat SE TDI DSG, Opera Red Metallic, Cornsilk interior
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 07:07   #8
07six-o
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
Hey Lonnie: VW A/C systems are no different than the ones in other cars. Take the car to a shop that specializes in A/C repair. It maybe a less expensive alternative.
I did! I took it to a shop in Houston called Nevco and they said I needed to take it to a shop that specializes in VW's. So that's where I'm at now. I will be dropping it off this Thursday.

Lonnie
Old August 5th, 2010, 10:54   #9
horsieclatter
Veteran Member

keep us posted... I still suspect this shop is the user mentioned earlier. a busy shop is usually a good thing... up to the point where a guy can't get a day off when he really needs one once too many times...
Old August 5th, 2010, 11:36   #10
07six-o
Veteran Member

Quote:
keep us posted... I still suspect this shop is the user mentioned earlier. a busy shop is usually a good thing... up to the point where a guy can't get a day off when he really needs one once too many times...
Yep today is the day! Dropping it off around 4 today! Hope they can get to the bottom of it......

Lonnie
Old August 11th, 2010, 19:20   #11
07six-o
Veteran Member

UP DATE!

This place was a ripppp offfff! Would not send anyone to this place..... Spent $380.00 and all they did was rig a wire from the fuse box to a replay for the fans to come on all the time. Which didn't even fix my problem! I tried to stop payment on the check but he had already taken it to the bank! Shady Shady place.....

Lonnie
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:19   #12
w autoworks

Fuel Economy: 47mpgs @ 80mphs

it sucks u feel uve been ripped off, i made a few attempts to calm u down, even though u werent mad at me. and the offer still stands for you to stand side by side with us to show you why we added the wire to up the low signal u had , as we go from the beginning to the end. ur not the only guy with this issue and u said ur self the dealer has never been able to fix your 15 mins without fans working. not here to argue or debate. if u feel u got screwed thats sucks . but again we will be more then happy to put it back on the lift and go from the first point to the last to show how and why we did what we did.

im still seeing these issues and i want someone who has this issue , and is car savvi to get the ohm reading for the fan switch and using an i.r. temp gun will verify the temp are off. ran into this twice , and a few other issues , but untill the dealer acknowledges this is a problem i fear it may make a lot of other shops look shady . lonnie once again , u feel u got screwed and u dont wanna deal with ali ill be here friday and monday as he takes his vacation and we can go throught the whole diagnosing process together.

otherwise i recommend riesu motorsports. i have met this get up and gettem guy a few times and he seems to know his stuff. he used to be an audi tech , and thats a step above us! his name is rashaud and he is on google. give him a ring and see what he says. if not theres mom's but they send us stuff they cant do thats tough. hmmm. not too many vw shops around houston that do vws well.

Last edited by w autoworks; August 17th, 2010 at 10:26.
w autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:31   #13
w autoworks

Fuel Economy: 47mpgs @ 80mphs

Quote:
thats about right. my saying is"we give you five days , give us two please"
w autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 20:56   #14
07six-o
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by w autoworks View Post
it sucks u feel uve been ripped off, i made a few attempts to calm u down, even though u werent mad at me. and the offer still stands for you to stand side by side with us to show you why we added the wire to up the low signal u had , as we go from the beginning to the end. ur not the only guy with this issue and u said ur self the dealer has never been able to fix your 15 mins without fans working. not here to argue or debate. if u feel u got screwed thats sucks . but again we will be more then happy to put it back on the lift and go from the first point to the last to show how and why we did what we did.

im still seeing these issues and i want someone who has this issue , and is car savvi to get the ohm reading for the fan switch and using an i.r. temp gun will verify the temp are off. ran into this twice , and a few other issues , but untill the dealer acknowledges this is a problem i fear it may make a lot of other shops look shady . lonnie once again , u feel u got screwed and u dont wanna deal with ali ill be here friday and monday as he takes his vacation and we can go throught the whole diagnosing process together.

otherwise i recommend riesu motorsports. i have met this get up and gettem guy a few times and he seems to know his stuff. he used to be an audi tech , and thats a step above us! his name is rashaud and he is on google. give him a ring and see what he says. if not theres mom's but they send us stuff they cant do thats tough. hmmm. not too many vw shops around houston that do vws well.
Keaton,

I really don't know where to start! What Ali did to my car and charged me $380 dollars to fix is not right and I think you know it...... Its funny that you say "15 min without fans working". I didnt take my car to yall for the fans not working. I took the car for the delay in the A/C coming on when the car would sit for over 8 hrs. Ali and you know this but after I flipped a lid on the way that it was so called fixed yall start saying that you fixed the fan delay. I told Ali that I didnt want all my money back and I told him I was willing to pay for the 60 DIAG. fee and the price for the wire and end but the rest of the $380 bucks I thought was just alittle over the top. You knew I didnt understand why it was that high when you called me. On the phone you said the relay and wire was just added in with the bill and it was free but I see it was added to the bill. (relay $22.41,Pin $4.09). But I still find it funny that Ali rushed out and cashed the check.... That right there I find fishy and now I understand why..... When I picked up my car Ali told me the car was fixed and I told him I would call in the morning and let him know if it was fixed. I called 4 times and left messages but no one ever called me back. So that was why I just kept calling until I got Ali on the phone. Know I understand why he didnt want to talk with me.... I ended up taking the car back to Clearlake VW to fix what Ali rigged on my car and to try and fix this delay in the ac that they have been looking for. They ended up having to put another compressor on the car and I just picked it up tonight so I will tell in the morning if it is fixed as I have to let it sit for 8 hrs for it to have the delay.

Lonnie
Old August 18th, 2010, 12:24   #15
horsieclatter
Veteran Member

here we go...
having formerly been "in the business" back in the day...(I was a good shop helper that could change oil, etc on porsches&beemers&benzes w/o wrecking the car cuz the real mechanics did not get paid for such gruntwork), what the shop is saying here makes sense to me. since the compressor "seemed" to be working correctly, It did (EDIT PLZ ADD "NOT")"seem" to be THE problem.

BUT, the car was not really fixed. AND
BOTH the shop & customer are seeking satisfactory answers for this oddball issue.
Would a guru please chime in??

On a side note about certain brands... my personal local mechanic has laid down the law with me that he will not ever touch my car for two reasons:
it's a vw & it's diesel.
this is due to little experience w/ vw & no experience w/ diesel. this was not to be mean, just to be honest with his abilities. thank you, sir. Please keep my hondas & chevys fixed to stay out of a note...
Remember that french cars are worse....

Last edited by horsieclatter; August 24th, 2010 at 10:44. Reason: my doof. make it say " the compressor did not seem to be the problem"