www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2013 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old September 15th, 2002, 09:51   #1
chris@beaverlodge

Default Judder under load TDI

Please can someone help me, I own an 1996 Audi 80 TDI (1Z engine). The engine seems to missfire/judder under load at full throttle, this usually happens on the motorway and it seems to be intermittant. Since the fault first occured i have had the car chipped but the fault is still occuring. There isnt any fault codes in the ECU.
chris@beaverlodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2002, 08:15   #2
christi
Veteran Member

Default Re: Judder under load TDI

If you mean that the engine feels like it is about to jump out of the engine bay, between 1500 rpm and 2000 rpm on a partial throttle, then it is the same problem that I have.

On my car the juddering disappears above 2000 rpm, and also if the accelerator is pressed right to the floor.

Cruising on the flat at 60mph in 5th gear is okay, but if there is any upwards slope then I have to either floor it, change to fourth, or judder.

Towing a trailer seems to make it worse.

Is this what you really have? If so then it seems to be a "they all do that fault"...
christi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2002, 13:27   #3
chris@beaverlodge

Default Re: Judder under load TDI

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately my car seems to be ok at low revs. My problem can and usually happens at approx 3000RPM in 5th gear under load/full throttle, what’s annoying is the fact that sometimes the car will struggle to pull more than 90MPH without juddering and smoking but then other times there seems to be no problem what so ever. I am now looking into blanking off the EGR valve as a process of elimination. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
chris@beaverlodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 23:33   #4
juozasu

Have You solved this problem? It seems very similar to mine (Audi 80 1994 TDI, 1Z). No fault in ECU Too. But when I disconnect Needle Lift Sensor, the judder at full frotle disapears. But it loses power too. Have You tried it?

I have tested Needle Lift Sensor, it shows 110 Ohms. It seems to be OK, but it is needed to test with Osciloscope Too.
juozasu is offline   Reply With Quote