www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2010

TDIFest 2010 Discussion about TDIFest 2010 on the Labour Day weekend (September 3-5th, 2010) .

Old July 6th, 2010, 21:34   #1
BleachedBora

Exclamation BoraParts.com Special Requests

Hello everyone!
With fest in my backyard this makes it easier for local pickup of items. I was thinking that if anyone wanted any special requests, such as R32 bumpers, Bora R bumpers, or anything large then I could bring it over. These are the kinds of items that it makes sense to ship to me, but not from Germany to me to you.

THIS DOES NOT HAVE TO BE JUST FOR BUMPERS, IT WAS JUST AN IDEA. If anyone has any other special requests please let me know.

If anyone wants to do Bora R or R32 bumpers we can do that, but I would require a 50% deposit on them as I would be bringing them in from Germany specifically for the fest.

Thanks!
-BB

MK4 Golf front:

MK4 Golf Rear:

MK4 Bora R:

MK5 Golf front:

MK5 Golf rear:
BleachedBora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 18:01   #2
Farfromovin
Torque Addict

Fuel Economy: low: 35 high: 56 avg: 42.0

How about a whole 4motion EU Golf?

--Nonetheless, bump for some good options for picking up the next upgrade at TDIFest this year!

[/old setup]212whp/354 ft-lbs14.862@96.677-Way faster than Chris [/new setup] At least 213whp, and way way faster than Chris.
Farfromovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:24   #3
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s

I'll need an oil change kit for the A4, ALH. I'll order it and pick it up at Fest, if that's cool. Certainly not a special request, but a request none the less.

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:14   #4
blizzard60
Veteran Member

That Bora R bumper is soooooo tempting.

Totally OT: Aaron, could you seriously bring a whole car over? The MKIVs are selling for SO cheap now in Europe I've been seriously looking at them for everything I want. An example. It's got pretty much all the goodies you'd ever want...
blizzard60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:28   #5
Farfromovin
Torque Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard60 View Post

Totally OT: Aaron, could you seriously bring a whole car over? The MKIVs are selling for SO cheap now in Europe I've been seriously looking at them for everything I want. An example. It's got pretty much all the goodies you'd ever want...
Nice example: leder seats, 4motion, lots of goodies in that wagon!

[/old setup]212whp/354 ft-lbs14.862@96.677-Way faster than Chris [/new setup] At least 213whp, and way way faster than Chris.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:40   #6
blizzard60
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfromovin View Post
Nice example: leder RECARO front and REAR seats, 4motion, lots of goodies in that wagon!
Corrected for the most important part !!
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:54   #7
BleachedBora

Cool--yeah I could bring one over, not a problem. Getting it through customs I could do if there was no engine in it, getting it registered might be a bit harder.

I was seriously considering bringing over a T5 Transporter with the R5 TDI. The only unknown is if I'd be able to find a way to register that. I'm still thinking my next car will be a dead A6 with a 3.0 or 4.2TDI swap.

Fest is 20 miles from my place, rest assured I'll have cases upon cases of oil and filters so no worries there. I would like an idea on the 507 oil though, if anyone wants to go to my site and start making orders you can always choose the GTG shipping option and mention it's for Fest. It always makes planning and logistics easier.

This is probably the last chance for MK4 new Recaros, there are 8 sets left, I do not stock them here. I would like some preorders on those if possible as well, otherwise I'll only bring 2 sets up.

As for the Bora .:R bumpers and the like, I figured if 4-5 people wanted them then it'd be worth it to bring over from Germany. I'd be air freighting them so it'd be expensive no matter how you look at it, but with multiple bumpers at once the shipping becomes more reasonable. If no one is interested then no worries.

I'll also have about 20 OEM Navi plus AUDI nav systems, and a couple MK4 as well as T-reg nav systems. Lots of cool stuff around here .

Cheers,
-BB
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:02   #8
blizzard60
Veteran Member

Hey Aaron,

I have no interest in actually registering the car, but if you were to put together the $$ for all the goodies in one of those cars, it would be way cheaper to buy it complete. That particular car, I *OBVIOUSLY* don't want the engine from, so pulling it first would be fine with me. If it came with an ARL in the trunk I wouldn't complain

On a more serious note, I am VERY interested in ANY MKIV EURO goodies you might have (like the Navi you listed above), but I do not find anything like that on your website. Do you have a list of that stuff going or where could I find info about what you have? I know you are SUPER busy, but if you had a spare 20 minutes to put a list together, I'm quite sure I could lighten your load a bit

Thanks!
-Chris
Old July 22nd, 2010, 23:27   #9
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard60 View Post
you could order it and install it AT fest! done deal.

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:44   #10
Farfromovin
Torque Addict

Aaron- GTI Recaro's? My wife needs a new seat, passenger seat that is!

Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:17   #11
tothemax
Veteran Member

x2 for the GTI Recaro's for the 2 doors. Need some that fold forward, not the fixed ones for the four door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfromovin View Post
Aaron- GTI Recaro's? My wife needs a new seat, passenger seat that is!
tothemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 19:52   #12
blizzard60
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_car View Post
you could order it and install it AT fest! done deal.
I someone bringing a portable paint booth !!!
Old July 24th, 2010, 00:34   #13
tothemax
Veteran Member

Hey Aaron,

How about you import a bunch of blue euro Aspherical mirrors left and right.

We could do a little group "how to install" in the parking lot and we could all drive off without any blind spots
tothemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 13:25   #14
BleachedBora

Mirrors are a great idea, I'll add that to the list.

Recaros are almost impossible to find for the MK4 now (new at least), but I'm always working on it.

There is only one Nav unit for MK4 Golf, I'm debating on putting it in my car but if someone makes me an offer I can't refuse then I'll let it go. These units are all brand new.

We'll all admit three things:

1) My website needs help
2) I have a LOT more stuff than what's listed on it.
3) I need a lot more time then I have to fix 1 and 2.

I'm doing my best on that, we'll see what we can do. Also, we're down to 8 or so 6-speed kits, the T4 injectors are drying up, and the Hella Dynabeams are selling well too. A couple MK5 paddleshift wheels are still around here too.

I'll see what I can work out on putting more things together . Please keep requests coming, if I can get them here in time I will.
-BB
Old August 5th, 2010, 19:29   #15
blizzard60
Veteran Member

Hey Aaron,

I'm sorry I did not mean to call you out on your website at all. In fact I was trying to do the opposite!! I was just thinking that instead of spending a tonne of time trying to update your website (I KNOW it takes a lot of time), having an excel spreadsheet that you posted in the vendors section each month or something would give us a way to see what goodies you have. Please take this for what it is worth !!!

Cheers,
-Chris

PS I was typing this as I was talking to you on the phone. I'll shoot you that message about the recaro bases!