www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old June 24th, 2010, 18:25   #1
Fix_Until_Broke
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 75.0/53.0/38.4
Default A4 Jetta Euro Trunk Latch

I hijacked someone elses thread with this question and it's looking like it might turn into something.

[edit] It works! - jump down to Post 39 and Post 53 for details! [edit]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix Until Broke
I'd really like to have the A4 Jetta trunk latch thingy available in europe on the bora's.

It makes the trunk function like a door - when the doors are unlocked there's a latch on the trunk where you lift it to open it so you don't have to reach in the drivers door and pull the button every time you want to go in the trunk. When the doors are locked the latch does not open the trunk.

Just something else that the car should have come with from the factory...
So, going above and beyond - ryanp pulled some parts on a hunch and posted up a picture of the potential parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanp
I've got the complete setup from a Bora/Jetta Mk4:

I'd assume it can be retro fitted, will send it for shipping cost and if it fits you owe me a few more
So he's sending it over and I'll see if it works. I'll let you know if it does or not when we get that far.

I hope it does, I'm sick and tired of having to go open the drivers door every time I want to get something from the trunk.
03 Jetta, Cat 2u, DG Steel SP w/MOGolf Mod, 3"DP, 4"EXH, EaBP100 Bypass, Euroswitch, ECodes, Driving Light, PD Lift Pump, R520's, RC5,RC6, TDTuning, Malone, ScanGaugeII, 3" TIP, 2" TOP, HE221W Compounded with GTC1444VZ, 6 Bar MAP, VR6 MAF, Vented Fender Liner, Battery Cover Mod, 11mm, Monster Mats, 215/55/17 (27.9/53.0/75) Monthly MPG Links, Euro Trunk Latch, IDParts RSB, SDI or ALH Intake, ARL Ceramic Pistons, Rosten Rods, DRW, Wavetrac, SBC, FSD's, Beef Springs, Rebuilt Head, Recaro's, Colt II, DG Sigma 6, RMT200

Last edited by Fix_Until_Broke; October 16th, 2010 at 16:33. Reason: It works!
Fix_Until_Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 05:46   #2
fitzski
Veteran Member

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=36891
2004 Jetta TDI-PD [spice red, black leather, 5sp] (RIP)
fitzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 19:56   #3
Fix_Until_Broke
Veteran Member

fitzski - thanks for the link. I know I've heard of this before and searched for it but couldn't find it.

After reading through it (and admittedly I didn't follow it 100%), it looks like ryanp's parts are on the right track. We'll see.
03 Jetta, Cat 2u, DG Steel SP w/MOGolf Mod, 3"DP, 4"EXH, EaBP100 Bypass, Euroswitch, ECodes, Driving Light, PD Lift Pump, R520's, RC5,RC6, TDTuning, Malone, ScanGaugeII, 3" TIP, 2" TOP, HE221W Compounded with GTC1444VZ, 6 Bar MAP, VR6 MAF, Vented Fender Liner, Battery Cover Mod, 11mm, Monster Mats, 215/55/17 (27.9/53.0/75) Monthly MPG Links, Euro Trunk Latch, IDParts RSB, SDI or ALH Intake, ARL Ceramic Pistons, Rosten Rods, DRW, Wavetrac, SBC, FSD's, Beef Springs, Rebuilt Head, Recaro's, Colt II, DG Sigma 6, RMT200
Old June 26th, 2010, 05:50   #4
fitzski
Veteran Member

This post sums it up, I think... and yeah, you should be good to go with everything you've got en route:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=94
2004 Jetta TDI-PD [spice red, black leather, 5sp] (RIP)
fitzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 13:42   #5
greekdubber
Veteran Member

your missing the trunk lock which has the correct switch on it....ive done this mod years ago and if you have all the parts you only need to run one wire up to the lower A-Pillar...also replace your driver and passenger door panel like i did with euro ones if you have the funds
greekdubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 13:50   #6
greekdubber
Veteran Member

the euro trunk lock has two buttons on the switch...also the arm holds the one button down which allows the handle to activate the latch and the other is for when you open the truck via key the mecanism is different onthe euro lock.....also the trunk can be deactivated with the car unarmed by hitting the unarm buttonagain on the fob....and also the euro cars dont have the passeger door handle with the lock switch on it
Old June 26th, 2010, 14:11   #7
greekdubber
Veteran Member

Old June 26th, 2010, 14:56   #8
ryanp

I can throw the lock in with the parcel, will have to see if i can take the lock barrel out as i sell the lock set separate too!

Some have the passenger lock, some dont.

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE
ryanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 22:18   #9
squire89
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 jetta
Fuel Economy: low 40s

so....had a chance to work on this little project yet?
Old July 23rd, 2010, 23:55   #10
blizzard60
Veteran Member

FYI this stuff can be purchased in the states. Came in '01 and '02 jetta wagons. Ryan will CRUSH north american prices, I'm sure, but if someone wants to go the new route, they can be had...

Cheers,
-Chris
blizzard60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 00:05   #11
squire89
Veteran Member

based on that statement, i'm guessing you have possibly done so? or did you have an older wagon?
Old July 24th, 2010, 00:30   #12
blizzard60
Veteran Member

Yes, I have done so! SOOOO much better. Always unlocked when the doors are unlocked!

I have set my car up so that all the doors unlock as soon as I pull my key out of the ignition (with VCDS). So basically, as soon as I get somewhere, my key goes in my pocket because all my doors and my hatch are unlocked. I have also set up (with VCDS) so that ALL my door unlock with just ONE press of the unlock key. So with this one press my hatch is now unlocked too! Phenomenal I'm just having issues with the third button on my remote not working, but I have a feeling that is an issue with a coding I changed with VDS-Pro, not something to do with this mod...
Old July 24th, 2010, 01:13   #13
squire89
Veteran Member

So to Just install this switch, is it one hundred percent plug and play? No coding changes?
Old July 24th, 2010, 10:07   #14
Fix_Until_Broke
Veteran Member

I have the parts from Ryan - have not had time to install it and/or wire it up.

I think from reading the thread linked in Post 2 of this thread that there's some additional wiring/ECU work to do to make it work OEM.

I THINK if you just install it it will work just like the interior door switch which would unlock the trunk anytime you push the button effectively leaving the trunk latched, but un-locked all the time. I don't know if you can turn the valet lock in the door switch and have it locked that way, but don't know if it will open then with the trunk switch when the other doors are un-locked.
Old July 25th, 2010, 12:00   #15
blizzard60
Veteran Member

Some things to clarify!!!

I have a Wagon, so all I needed to to was switch the "hatch wiring harness" and install the new lock with the micro-switch. Bingo - done.

On a wagon there is NO valet lock in the driver's door (not really needed as you could just reach over the rear bench and help yourself to stuff ) so I have no idea about that particular issue.

Seeing as I am on a continuing tread of Eurofying my car, I'm now on the look out for euro door cards without the hatch pop or the gas pop...