www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2013 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2010

TDIFest 2010 Discussion about TDIFest 2010 on the Labour Day weekend (September 3-5th, 2010) .

Old June 17th, 2010, 14:59   #1
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 51, 42, 38
Default TDIFest 2010 Photo Gallery Contest

A fun event for everyone, even if you can't make it to fest.
What is it?
A Photo Gallery/Contest made up of photographs of our beloved cars sent in by our members and voted on by our members.

The Prize:
Winner gets an honorable mention at the Sunday Awards Banquet, with a Blue Ribbon prize. Grand Prize: winner gets their photo put on the home page of TDIClub as representative photo for the club!

Rules of Entry:
If you would like to participate in the Photo Gallery Contest, please submit your entry via the following set of rules:
  • All contestants MUST be a TDIClub member (no making many user names just to submit entries)
  • submit an 8x10 MATTED photo of your favorite TDI (VW or Audi) that you've taken (please do not include any people or animals in the photos, JUST the car please).
  • Limit MAXIMUM 2 entries per person
  • Please include a short “title” for each photo, your contact information –name, user name, email or phone number.
  • Private sales are permitted, but are NOT the responsibility of TDIClub, TDIFest, it’s affiliates or staff. See below for more information
  • No previous sign-up or reservation necessary.
  • You may mail in your photo's to:
    TDIFest Photo Contest
    C/O Brian Webber
    PO Box 451
    Troutdale Oregon 97060

• Or you may submit your entry upon check in at TDIFest.
  • Latest entry will be accepted by 12 noon on Saturday, September 4th, 2010.
**Returning photos: **

Mail in contestants: If you want your photo RETURNED to you please include a separate self addressed envelope (your choice of style) with postage and we will mail it to you after fest. If you do not care to have it returned then we will dispose of it by September 10 -one week after fest is over. If we do not receive the envelope, we will NOT return your photo to you. It get's very expensive to return all the entries separately. Thanks for understanding.

Voting
Photo's will be on display at the Sheraton Airport Hotel in the Mt. St. Helen’s ballroom during the weekend of TDIFest. During check-in, all attendee's of TDIFest will be given a 3x5 index card. Attendee's are allowed 1 vote, to be placed in a ballot box and tallied just before the banquet. In order to vote for a photo, you MUST be an attendee at TDIFest. Photo’s will not be posted on the forum for electronic voting.

The Twist: (and disclaimer)
If you'd like to sell your artwork, you're welcome to do so as a PRIVATE SALE. TDIClub or TDIFest and it’s affiliates are not responsible for the sale transaction of your photo. We will be displaying these photo's at TDIFest for people's viewing and voting on for contest purposes only. TDIClub and TDIFest are not charging an Entry Fee, nor are we accepting any money for the display of these photos. If you'd like to sell your photographic artwork, please send in the matted 8x10 photo, along with a 2x3 index card with the title of the photo, contact information and desired price so that other members may contact you for the sale. If you do not include a price and a member expresses interest in purchasing your photograph, TDIFest staff will only provide your TDIClub screen name for the buyer to contact you, unless it is specified: DO NOT CONTACT on the index card. It is your responsibility to handle the transaction of the sale of your own photo's. TDIFest or it's staff will not be handling the sale of any photos, we will only be responsible for displaying it for the contest.

Winning:
Votes will be tallied manually just before the Sunday Awards Banquet. A first and second place winner will be decided on. The winners will be announced at the banquet and the Grand Prize winner (first place) will be asked to provide an electronic copy of the photograph so that we may post it on the TDIClub home page.

Enter, display, have fun! We’re excited to see what comes up. But please, Keep the photo’s “clean and tasteful.” Remember, it’s a family event.

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.

Last edited by Zippy_car; June 17th, 2010 at 22:25.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:25   #2
tothemax
Veteran Member

What a fun contest ! Count me in for sure! Now all I need is my camera back.
tothemax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 23:29   #3
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothemax View Post
What a fun contest ! Count me in for sure! Now all I need is my camera back.
Woo hoo! Can't wait to see the results!

Old July 13th, 2010, 07:50   #4
JetPuf
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: loswest mpg 32 Towing, average 45, highest 53 hwy

Weather across the nation has been looking pretty got. that sounds like a good reason to get the car all shined up and photographed.

Should we post some teaser shots of our work??

White '98 NB TDI "Jetpuf" 265k miles Tune, Injectors, Turbo, Peloquin, 02J 6-Speed..
Blue Graphite 2010 JSW TDI CR 61k miles Digifit's, 2 kiddos, OE dog barrier

Member of The Joneses
JetPuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 14:08   #5
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPuf View Post
Weather across the nation has been looking pretty got. that sounds like a good reason to get the car all shined up and photographed.

Should we post some teaser shots of our work??
go for it, could be fun.

Old July 13th, 2010, 14:37   #6
airwolf
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40 avg. 47 max

What a great concept. This is a perfect opportunity for people to show of their cars that are flying into the Fest this year. Hopefully everyone takes advantage of this.

2006 Jetta TDI Shadow Blue Manual RC1+, minor vag-com tweaks,ScanGauge II, Newsouth Preformance Indigo EGT/Boost/Oil Temp gauges in a offset dash pod

TDIFest2009 Organizer! | TDIFest2012 Organizer!
airwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 22:28   #7
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf View Post
What a great concept. This is a perfect opportunity for people to show of their cars that are flying into the Fest this year. Hopefully everyone takes advantage of this.
great point, chad!

Old July 15th, 2010, 09:45   #8
TeDeEye1
Veteran Member

does it matter how much Photoshoping we do?
Old July 15th, 2010, 13:48   #9
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeDeEye1 View Post
does it matter how much Photoshoping we do?
Ideally the car would be physically in the location that you're photographing. Make sure you're not using anyone else's copyright material (ie, photoshopping your car onto someone else's beach photo). and just remember to keep it "clean"

But, in the end... it's all art. let your mind be creative. the members will vote on which they like best.

Old July 16th, 2010, 16:16   #10
Digital Corpus
Veteran Member

Some may think you need a high-end camera etc to get the a good 8x10 print. In fact, as long as you camera has the proper controls, and you know how to take a photo, even a cell phone camera can provide a stunning shot!
Old July 16th, 2010, 16:35   #11
Farfromovin
Torque Addict

Fuel Economy: low: 35 high: 56 avg: 42.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Corpus View Post
Some may think you need a high-end camera etc to get the a good 8x10 print. In fact, as long as you camera has the proper controls, and you know how to take a photo, even a cell phone camera can provide a stunning shot!
I agree to this up to a point. There are a few exceptional camera phones out there nowadays that will make a great 8x10, but most are garbage LOL. I'll still bring along my trusty DSLR for contest shots.

I've been driving all around to try and find good backdrops LOL. Sometimes, by the time I get out there, my car is too dirty, or it's too dark... Oh the challenge

[/old setup]212whp/354 ft-lbs14.862@96.677-Way faster than Chris [/new setup] At least 213whp, and way way faster than Chris.
Farfromovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 19:59   #12
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfromovin View Post
I agree to this up to a point. There are a few exceptional camera phones out there nowadays that will make a great 8x10, but most are garbage LOL. I'll still bring along my trusty DSLR for contest shots.

I've been driving all around to try and find good backdrops LOL. Sometimes, by the time I get out there, my car is too dirty, or it's too dark... Oh the challenge
Start bringing some spot detailer and a bigger flash.

Old July 20th, 2010, 10:44   #13
kromicacid
Veteran Member

i would submit this picture if we could do online... may this beauty rest in pieces...

Really going to miss not winning the Mk5 show-n-shine this year.
~ 2004 Jetta TDI GLS~ Platinum Grey ~ 110k miles

Last edited by kromicacid; July 20th, 2010 at 10:48.
kromicacid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 13:37   #14
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromicacid View Post

i would submit this picture if we could do online... may this beauty rest in pieces...

Really going to miss not winning the Mk5 show-n-shine this year.
so, print it, mat it, send it. cheap mats are available at Walmart and shipping (if done in time via snail mail) should only cost a couple bucks-ish. It's all good in the name of fun!!!

Old July 23rd, 2010, 19:37   #15
Lug_Nut
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Which VW diesel? There have been Twelve of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf View Post
What a great concept. This is a perfect opportunity for people to show off their cars that are flying in to the Fest this year. Hopefully everyone takes advantage of this.
What? My car can fly in to the fest? So why has it been letting me make driving plans when it can fly in?!?
Oh Sure! A the last minute it'd say, "Nah, I changed my mind about driving. I'll fly. You go ahead and spend two weeks on the road, (you moron!)"

Svante Arrhenius 1896

Cogito ergo soy (I think, therefore: Biodiesel)
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote