www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old June 10th, 2010, 08:52   #16
bruce846
Veteran Member

TDI(s): No TDI's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSunshine
From the menu it allows me to monitor:

Intake air temperature
Coolant temperature
Throttle position
Engine load
Intake manifold pressure
Charging Voltage
Mass airflow rate
Timing advance
RPM
Speed

I can agree that these are not the utmost important measurements to monitor, but it certainly provides some entertainment while commuting 100+ miles per day....
Interesting, That's the same info that I can monitor on my BMW X5 gasser. Wonder why the new TDI's are limited to what I mentioned above?
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:27   #17
BlackSunshine

TDI(s): Tdi 1.9L ALH
Fuel Economy: 5L/100KM

Very interesting - I would expect it to be a protocol issue limiting communication. There may be a software update or something from Garmin that they may be working on to address this since the vehicle is so new.

I can sympathize with the guys at Garmin, there are THOUSANDS or different types of vehicles, configurations, engines, emissions data, communication platforms, computer system 'updates', recalls, reflashes... It's amazing that these devices work as well as they do.

I would be tempted to email an inquiry to Garmin to see if they have any updates in the works to help unleash some more data to view with your EcorouteHD. Maybe they can set you up as a beta tester?!?

'01 Golf TDi
'95 Cummins TD
www.nwfuel.ca

BlackSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 14:35   #18
shoE30

TDI(s): 2010 JSW

Has anyone hooked up something like a Scangauge II to their TDI yet? If something like that only outputs the same limited info as the HD, then I think it would be a VW issue and not Garmin. Just a thought.
shoE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 13:04   #19
shoE30

Ok, so i stopped by my awesome MINI shop (Way Motor Works) and asked about this issue. Long story short he gave me a Scangauge II to take home over the weekend. I'll hook it up to the JSW and see what info i can get out of it. I'll report back Sunday at the earliest, but probably Monday.
Old June 14th, 2010, 14:05   #20
shoE30

It's official, the scangauge II didn't report manifold pressure or intake temps either. I even tried using it's xgauge feature to unlock other engine parameters, but no luck. So I think it's VW, and not Garmin, that is not showing the all the data.

On the plus side, the scanguage is a pretty neat device. I'm thinking of getting one for my MINI. It was really nice having a 'real' water temp gauge (when i used it in my mini). I will say that the vw water temp gauge is pretty accurate vs the scanguage.