www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2013 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Fuels & Lubricants

Fuels & Lubricants Discussion all about Fuels & Lubricants. synthetic oil, conventional oil, brands, change intervals, diesel grades, gelling and such debated items like that. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed. This forum is NOT for the discussion of biodiesel and other alternative fuels.

Old October 5th, 2010, 08:59   #31
manual_tranny
Smyth Performance- Intern

Fuel Economy: Is just one piece of the puzzle that is our bottomless appetite for oil. Cars donít have to be consumable. Instead of throwing them away, we can rebuild them, better. We have the technology.

Powder Hound has been running redline for more than 200K miles?

I know I read here that redline causes our brass synchronizers to fail, but obviously that's not a sure thing.

I ran a mix of two redline transmission fluids for about 10-15K miles and drained it in favor of OEM fluid. It was too gummy when cold but really nice when warmed up. The OEM stuff (G50, G60, G70) all seems to be less viscous in cold weather. Redline is made from a different chemical that I believe is good at grabbing the dirt in the transmission. I recommend running it for a short time (10-20K miles) just because it seems to flush out your transmission.

All these recommendations are merely my seat-of-the-pants observations based on transmission function and the color/smell of used fluids.
manual_tranny is offline   Reply With Quote