www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Alternative Diesel Fuels (Biodiesel, WVO, SVO, BTL, GTL etc)

Alternative Diesel Fuels (Biodiesel, WVO, SVO, BTL, GTL etc) Discussions about alternative fuels for use in our TDI's. This includes biodiesel WVO (Waste Vegetable Oil), SVO (Straight Vegetable Oil), BTL (Biomass to Liquid), GTL (Gas to Liquids) etc. Please note the Fuel Disclaimer.

Old May 1st, 2010, 11:38   #1
hugelarge

Default alternative fuels

I've been looking around and can't find anything about it here, but has anyone heard of or are you using the alternative fuel setup from bluegrassfuel.net . It looks pretty decent as far as the set up goes, looking for some input.

thanks
hugelarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 12:31   #2
40X40
Experienced

Fuel Economy: TBD, new data forthcoming

I looked over their website and they say to use ONLY petroleum based feed stock, including VEGETABLE oil.

If they don't know the difference between the two, they are charlatans.

BTW, don't put used motor oil in your fuel tank.... no matter what other people have done in the past.

Bill
If you omit pertinent info from your question, you cannot reasonably expect a good answer.//Not affiliated with any vendors except as a customer.// Wise people lurk more.// I'm not a guru.// 'I got actual real friends in the real world'-T'sTDI/ If you were the only entry, there wasn't a race.// Grammar and spelling really are important, but I don't claim to be good at it.// Typical drivers can't.
40X40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 20:02   #3
naturist
Veteran Member

It looks like they are suggesting you can use just about anything as fuel: used motor oil, dead tranny fluid, gear oil, cooking oil, and god alone knows what else. How about sawdust, sand, and the odd oak log?

Sorry, I'm skeptical, no thanks, and I've been using biodiesel for years.
naturist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:08   #4
vwcampin
Veteran Member

I agree with the rest, stay away. From what I can tell, you dump vegetable oil, engine oil, tranmission oil or whatever other oil you have into a tank which runs through their filter to clean it and then blend that conconcotion with diesel and put it in your main tank. That is fuel blending and it is a big no-no with your TDI. My opinion is that is a no-no for any diesel as well...
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:30   #5
UFO
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2001 Beetle
Fuel Economy: 50mpg on B100

In my best Jon Stewart falsetto impression....

"riiiiiip aaaawf"
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote