ALH with 3 turbos !

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
Wow. Hats off to this. Not to mention, some hat-eating is in order for some of us first-posting nay-sayers. OMFG this is amazing. While I prefer the simplicity of 1 turbo, I do appreciate what you are doing here. I really didn't think it was small enough to fit in a new Beetle. Since you're some kind of magician (fitting all that into a NB), perhaps your next trick could be putting the engine where it belongs? (The rear!) =)

Larger photo here: http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=65199&size=big&cat=

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
why can i never see pics on tdiclub server!!!

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
ryanp said:
why can i never see pics on tdiclub server!!!
You have to log in or something.. same username and password. It's a different server so just click on login, IIRC! For now, I'll try and remember how to post pics in the thread... ahh... got it.

Last edited:

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Wow... it fits! Although it looks like you have your fuel filter on the wrong end of the injection pump, unless that's something else in the return line there...

zimahype

TDI
2003 Jetta
Whats the power band like? When (RPM) is the HY35 starting to make Pressure? What RPM does the power start to fall? Do you have all your other mods listed anywhere?

I was thinking about doing this but just using my GT3071r off my Gasser and the stock turbo.

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
Well done,Glad to see someone else using pick up truck parts on a vw diesel.I used the same turbo and feed pump last year on my engine.

dvst8r

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
andy2 said:
Well done,Glad to see someone else using pick up truck parts on a vw diesel.I used the same turbo and feed pump last year on my engine.
You really should post some pics of your current setup. :D

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
well its not a fuel filter LOL and as for that and the injectors Ill just put it this way there not ment for a vdub :eek: I cant go sharing all my bag of tricks just yet ....just got back from a 200mile drive and it did great ! 12psi at road speed and cut it off at 32-33psi under load ! does great on fuel too , no smoke once it starts its spool , which is on demand thanks to the VNT's . It does sound like a jet when the big one starts , can hear it over the radio !

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
just saw this - very cool!

compounds are like children, there is always one misbehaving.
The more you have the more misbehaving going on behind your back. hehe

Good work - keep us posted
Jeff

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
jsrmonster said:
compounds are like children, there is always one misbehaving. The more you have the more misbehaving going on behind your back. hehe
I LOVE THAT! I'll bet it's also really easy for compounds to shift blame between each other while keeping Daddy guessing who's really to blame, too. ;)

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Good to see some ingenious work here! It would be really nice to measure/plot boost and EMP as you work up the revs in your dyno runs. It will be really interesting to see how those numbers look like.

Would the OP care to share at least the highlights of what has been done in terms of fuelling mods, software and internals?

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
well I have almost 500 miles on it now and its going pretty good. Having a bit of trouble getting it to think about fueling enough to give even a trace of smoke yet (under boost) . and as we all know if it aint smokin , it aint runnin ! I looked off for a sec and looked back once and saw the boost needle slapping 40psi :eek: its not studed or O-ringed yet. I decided to go ahead and get the intercooler on it before I go to the dyno , we all know it needs it. It did get a bit of propane up its nose on the way home though just to see how it will react to more fuel , it was like having about another 1/2 inch or so left under my right foot after WOT !:D

TDIMeister said:
Good to see some ingenious work here! It would be really nice to measure/plot boost and EMP as you work up the revs in your dyno runs. It will be really interesting to see how those numbers look like.

Would the OP care to share at least the highlights of what has been done in terms of fuelling mods, software and internals?

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
well as far as fueling , it has 7hole nozzles , I have been in the pump(which always means more fuel) MAF delete , 4bar non Vdub map with its own electronics , but still dont have the software dialed in ....

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
someone said it really early in the thread.. Mine currently with a single tiny turbo put down just under 200hp at the wheels and still gets 50mpg on the highway.. minimal smoke, not enough to get pulled over for at least.. torque number was 320@2200rpm..

This is a pretty neat project..

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
You wont get much fuel injected if you dont change the mapping to accomodate for the 4bar map sensor. Maf you can delete with a diode, but thats also not the way to do it. So A PROPER remap is in order to get it to fuel and funtion properly.

But my hats of to you for getting all that stuffed inside the beetle hood. I wasnt able to get my twins fitted like I wanted to and kinda almost melted the brake fluid tank with the downpipe touching it :D

shadowmaker

Veteran Member
TDI
2.5TDI
Nicely done! And I thought that my compound-VNTs would be a ***** to install on a van...

Why using two HP turbos (2xVNT15)? Just for the hell of it or is there some higher mathematics/experience behind it? I thought a single VNT15 would pair up nicely with something like HY35.

No external wastegates on those HP turbos?

Thumbs up for this project!:cool:

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
gsx700whp said:
well as far as fueling , it has 7hole nozzles , I have been in the pump(which always means more fuel) MAF delete , 4bar non Vdub map with its own electronics , but still dont have the software dialed in ....
What sort of 7 hole nozzles..?

this setup wil def need some fuel, and if that are 7hole R520 you have, they power figure you'll dyno will be at least 20hp low as what it could have been with proper nozzles for equal smoke level

dvst8r

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
Rub87 said:
What sort of 7 hole nozzles..?

this setup wil def need some fuel, and if that are 7hole R520 you have, they power figure you'll dyno will be at least 20hp low as what it could have been with proper nozzles for equal smoke level
He mentioned previously that they are not vw injectors, but have been made to fit. ;) I have a few guess's as to what they might be.

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
dvst8r said:
He mentioned previously that they are not vw injectors, but have been made to fit. ;) I have a few guess's as to what they might be.
It's amazing what one can do in a very short amount of time with the right pieces of machinery :cool:.

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
something about them dodge's I cant get out of my blood , huh dvst8r ? pretty soon Im going to have to start calling this a VW ISB instead of a TDI .....whoops did I say that :eek: