03 Golf Wagon GLS in Somerville, MA

GCMarx

Veteran Member
TDI
Shoes, the bus, the T
Hello all!
I'm sad to say that I have to put my car up for sale. I'm the second owner (after meganuke), and as far as I know, the only people who have done work on it are Keith, Chill, and me (only oil changes). The car is in PHENOMENAL shape and will easily go for at least another 150k miles.

The details:
150k largely trouble-free miles
5-speed with Keith's custom short shifter
R32 heated seats, shifter, and pedals, leather rear seats
ASR retrofit
Skid plate
RC2/3 switchable
CAT fuel filter (and a couple of spare filters)
EGR delete w/thermocouple, gauge not installed (but I do have it)
Sweet, sweet 16s from a New Beetle. I love these wheels.
Bosal swan-neck hitch.
Wired for Phatnoise.
Front strut tower brace bar (not installed).
There's probably other stuff that I'm forgetting that Keith might remind me about.

Since I've owned it, I had Chill do all the brakes, change the clutch fluid, replace the glow plugs, fix the front door latch, and recharge the AC. He couldn't find the AC leak, but he did put in triple the normal amount of dye. If it leaks again, it will definitely be found!

Pics or it didn't happen:

More pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/gcmarx/03TDIWagon
I'm also happy to take more pictures if anyone needs to see anything specific, and can answer any questions anyone might have.

Price: 10k. I'm very motivated to sell, so make me an offer!

Last edited:

Gordon Peterson

Veteran Member
TDI
1959 Ford F100 TDI ALH conversion
Beautiful wagon. Looks like sister to mine... but yours has the golf nose...
Good luck with the sale.

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
2 each 03 5 speed Jetta wagons, 1 NA Isuzu P'up (a keeper)
"...will go for at least another 150k miles..."

Does that mean it has 150k miles on it? I did not see the mileage listed.

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
Gordon Peterson said:
Beautiful wagon. Looks like sister to mine... but yours has the golf nose...
Good luck with the sale.
We have triplets! Except as Gordon mentioned, yours had the money for a nose job!:D

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
Thats a really nice car with some quality mods, however i think the price is too steep. I think lower the price closer to BB private party sales price and what similar ones have sold for on ebay would help.

good luck..................sucks to have to eat the cost of mods when you sell:(

jstn

Veteran Member
TDI
gone to the dark side :)
LiLredTDI said:
Thats a really nice car with some quality mods, however i think the price is too steep. I think lower the price closer to BB private party sales price and what similar ones have sold for on ebay would help.

good luck..................sucks to have to eat the cost of mods when you sell:(
i didn't see him ask what others thought about the asking price...:cool:

GCMarx

Veteran Member
TDI
Shoes, the bus, the T
Thanks jstn. Just to reiterate, the important part is "OBO", not "14k". I'd love to get 14k for the car, but I also know that it's just a starting point. If someone wants to buy the car, they should get into contact with me so we can find a price that we're both comfortable with.

ken carson

TDI
2000 Golf
GCMarx said:
Thanks jstn. Just to reiterate, the important part is "OBO", not "14k". I'd love to get 14k for the car, but I also know that it's just a starting point. If someone wants to buy the car, they should get into contact with me so we can find a price that we're both comfortable with.
In car buying, isn't it the price that neither person is comfortable with? :D

bartmax

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 2002 Jetta wagon
I saw this car at Kraftwerke a couple of weeks ago ,when I dropped my '03 Jetta wagon off, and did not know what to make of it

LexDM3

Veteran Member
TDI
JSW 2010, Golf GLS 2002
Sent you a message

I'm interested and am next door in Arlington, MA. Please check your TDIclub messages. Thanks.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Jeez Gordon, this will make two wagons that have passed through your hands. I regret never doing the front clip swap on my car: I fell in love with the wagon after seeing a Golf Variant in Hamburg in '02. Bought mine shortly thereafter.

Enough rambling: bump for a true TDI enthusiast and a great car.

GCMarx

Veteran Member
TDI
Shoes, the bus, the T
Thanks for your productive comment, ninedee_golf_tdi.

I think the car would be a steal at $13k. I've seen wagons going for $11-12k that aren't in this kind of shape, to say nothing of the mods.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Don't take Tom's comments to heart.....most people could care less about the mods,and their cost is hard to recover. Another thing to consider is most people would not be able to get a loan on a 7 yr old vehicle w/ 150k+ miles-therefore you will need a cash buyer more than likely-which is something in these times many people are not too willing to part with. I would suggest Ebay or Autotrader for the sale.If the gas prices spike again,you would have no trouble selling it. You have been a member for awhile here,so you should know what happens when a TDI is listed for sale here....which is why if I ever decide to sell mine,it won't be posted here;) .

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
tdidieselbobny said:
Don't take Tom's comments to heart.....most people could care less about the mods,and their cost is hard to recover. Another thing to consider is most people would not be able to get a loan on a 7 yr old vehicle w/ 150k+ miles-therefore you will need a cash buyer more than likely-which is something in these times many people are not too willing to part with. I would suggest Ebay or Autotrader for the sale.If the gas prices spike again,you would have no trouble selling it. You have been a member for awhile here,so you should know what happens when a TDI is listed for sale here....which is why if I ever decide to sell mine,it won't be posted here;) .
Tried to sugest this long ago. I'm gonna lose big time if I sell with my mods, will never recoup.

seaglf

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Automatic
GCMarx said:
Bump...looking forward to having someone drive this car, rather than just seeing it sit in front of my house.
I want that car!!! I have a 2002 VW Golf TDI same color but with beige interior.
I wished I had gotten the jetta wagon,and have been wondering if it was possible to put golf clip on the Jetta. I also like grey,and didn't realize that there where front seats like that.

You have exactly what I have been imagining in my mind except that I would like custom 6 speed.

But like what was said earlier things are tight right now. Hold onto it and if I don't find something else maybe I would snatch it up. Although I question the EGR delete I have read that it effects your mileage, and if it gets noticed that could be a problem.

seaglf

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Automatic
GCMarx said:
Hello all!
I'm sad to say that I have to put my car up for sale. I'm the second owner (after meganuke), and as far as I know, the only people who have done work on it are Keith, Chill, and me (only oil changes). The car is in PHENOMENAL shape and will easily go for at least another 150k miles.

The details:
150k largely trouble-free miles
5-speed with Keith's custom short shifter
R32 heated seats, shifter, and pedals, leather rear seats
ASR retrofit
Skid plate
RC2/3 switchable
CAT fuel filter (and a couple of spare filters)
EGR delete w/thermocouple, gauge not installed (but I do have it)
Sweet, sweet 16s from a New Beetle. I love these wheels.
Bosal swan-neck hitch.
Wired for Phatnoise.
Beer fridge in the trunk can be thrown in, if you want.
Front strut tower brace bar (not installed).
There's probably other stuff that I'm forgetting that Keith might remind me about.

Since I've owned it, I had Chill do all the brakes, change the clutch fluid, replace the glow plugs, fix the front door latch, and recharge the AC. He couldn't find the AC leak, but he did put in triple the normal amount of dye. If it leaks again, it will definitely be found!

Pics or it didn't happen:

More pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/gcmarx/03TDIWagon
I'm also happy to take more pictures if anyone needs to see anything specific, and can answer any questions anyone might have.

Price: BRO. I'm very motivated to sell, so make me an offer!
what is ASR retro fit, and RC2/3 switchable

seaglf

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Automatic
Bob_Fout said:
I hope Gordon won't mind me answering:D

ASR is Anti Slip Regulation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traction_control_system

RC2/3 switchable means it's Rocketchip 2 and 3 tuned, and can be changed between the two.
OK thanks Bob....what does the 2 and 3 do, does it go from stock, or better mileage, to power...because I would like more power with the option of increased mileage as well.

GCMarx

Veteran Member
TDI
Shoes, the bus, the T
I don't mean to be rude, but this isn't really the place to discuss the various tunes. Have a look at the engine tuning section of the forums -- there's more info there than you can shake a stick at. :D