www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old January 20th, 2011, 18:04   #76
SportwagenTDI

Max12,
Which sensors did they replace?

Thanks
SportwagenTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 20:27   #77
2011tdi

I too am having this stuttering issue. Have had the car 3months, 6k km on it now. This problem isnt really a deal breaker so far, but what is horrifying to me is the HPFP failure.
2011tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 20:52   #78
crashtested
Veteran Member

Recently started to notice this stutter myself. About 3 blocks into my drive waiting for a delayed Left and as I went from 1st-2nd it just all out died for a split second even thought I stalled it then it roared back to life. This was by far the worst incident though.
Old January 28th, 2011, 21:36   #79
aaronazevedo
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42 mpg - 45 mpg avg.

Just got a Revo tune today and drove home 55 miles. First time with no studder at 1950 rpm!
aaronazevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:30   #80
woofie2
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 48/39/34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportwagenTDI View Post
Max12,
Which sensors did they replace?

Thanks
mine they replace the fuel pressure, temperature, MAP, turbo actuator, and transmission speed sensor, as well as the throttle petal, that worked for about 36 hours then the car would not start, and it was back to the same condition.
Old March 7th, 2011, 21:26   #81
graywagon

TDI(s): '10 JSW 6M

I do get a shudder, or stutter, or hesitation fairly regularly when the car is just warming up, and I am driving steady in 3rd gear at about 25-30 mph.

Is there any possibility that this is related to the HPFP failure problem that now has NHTSA attention? Sorry, I am not a mechanic, so I have no clue as to whether these problems could be related.

Thanks
graywagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:17   #82
jpash

TDI(s): 2010 Jetta
Default EGR valve software update 2010 jetta dsg

I noticed the stuttering problem when driving at constant speed. I got the flashing warning light ~7,000 mile and brought it in. They updated the software that controls the EGR valve opening. Apparently they are required to have to call VW every time the do this and ask whether to clean the EGR valve. They were told not to. It looks like they're doing a balancing act by between keeping NOx low by EGR recirculation and loss of combusion under very low fuel consumption-high MPG conditions.
jpash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 11:32   #83
Carphuntin_god
Veteran Member

2011 Golf. 3rd gear, 28-32 mph (have seen it slightly in 4th i think). I have a manual, but to me, it feels like an older automatic that's having trouble deciding whether to be in neutral or on the gas while cruising.
Reading all these threads, will be reporting it to dealer so I know it's in the paper work.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 18:58   #84
MadHatter

I have the same stumbling problem on my 2011 Jetta Sportwagen and the dealer did the reflash of the computer and it is still there. About 30 MPH constant speed in 3rd gear and it stumbles or hesitates. Very annoying.
This is a 5000 mile car and it has occurred since new. Anyone got a diagnosis or fix for this yet?
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 19:13   #85
timwagon
Veteran Member

Mine's been stumbling on a regular basis since it was new. I did notice it went away this past winter, but now it's back again. It's mildly annoying, but not serious enough to cause me any real concern. I haven't even brought it up to the dealer, as I know from all the posts on these forums that VW doesn't have a fix. Seeing it's being reported on 2011 models confirms that VW hasn't come up with a solution.

I'm no automotive engineer, but I'll bet a future software reflash will finally fix this problem, once VW tracks it down.
timwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 19:25   #86
Wascally Wabbit

TDI(s): 2010 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwagon View Post
Mine's been stumbling on a regular basis since it was new. I did notice it went away this past winter, but now it's back again. It's mildly annoying, but not serious enough to cause me any real concern. I haven't even brought it up to the dealer, as I know from all the posts on these forums that VW doesn't have a fix. Seeing it's being reported on 2011 models confirms that VW hasn't come up with a solution.

I'm no automotive engineer, but I'll bet a future software reflash will finally fix this problem, once VW tracks it down.

I have the same issues but have to agree with the above. Im not too concerned with it.
Wascally Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 06:05   #87
bora2003
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wascally Wabbit View Post
I have the same issues but have to agree with the above. Im not too concerned with it.
x2 for my 2010 JSW.
bora2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 09:48   #88
shadowblue746

TDI(s): Golf 1.6TDI

my car was very hesitant and jerky to drive especially to drive in traffic but since the 30k service last week it is a changed car. The dealer updated the software. I didnt go into detail with them but suffice to say it has transformed driving it.
shadowblue746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2011, 23:26   #89
tomh2360

My 2011 jetta tdi does the.shutter as well... It's annoying, 99% of the time its cruising at around 30 in 3rd gear. Was going to mention it during my 90 day inspection on 10/22. Sounds like it may not do any good, anyone have a solution on this yet?
tomh2360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 18:36   #90
detroitmike
Veteran Member

My 2012 has it. 3rd @ 30mph. Very strange. Only 3000 miles on it and this happened, thought I was losing my mind. Glad I found this thread, not so glad its my problem now too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

detroitmike is offline   Reply With Quote