Anybody done VNT Turbo on Third Gen?

hashi25

TDI
None Yet.. ;(
Can you gimme a ballpark figure how much you had to spend? More in particular costs of the custom chipped ECU (who can provide them) and additional electronics needed. From what I read in the thread is a dc powered actuator if my memory serves me right.

Just wanting to know cost effectiveness of doing this upgrade to a late model TDI engine or would it be smarter to pick up a newer engine. I'm planning to build a mid-engined enclosed trike with tandem seating for aerodynamic reasons with longer gear ratios throughout.

dieseleux

Théoricien -TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Jetta TDI 02
-VNT turbo with actuator. (turbo with manifold integrated interfere with rear engine mount on MK3 and MK2, you need custom engine mount in this case) between 100 to 1500$!
-N75 MK4 99,5 or with right plug, 50 to 150$
-Vacuum tube and tee. 5 to 20$
-Custom 2inch piping and custom 2.5inch downpipe, 100 to 500$
-Custom chip for your car. 300 to 600$

I do myself piping and welding, i buy muffler piping thick steel-alumina at low price localy at muffler shop.
I buy turbo on ebay.
I found used part, N75, tube, tee, vacuum reserve, actuator.
I hard to say how i cost for me, aprox 1500$

I dont use electronique actuator, just same vacuum actuator have many VNT turbo.
If your project are only for economy, original K03 turbo (waste gate) are good on 1Z/AHU engine.
If your project are make most economical car, a GT1546, GT1749 or KP39 are ok (original turbo on MK4 and MK5)

Dieseleux