Where is the best "CETANE" ULSD near Charlottesville/Culpeper, VA. ?

Turbospool

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 White TDI Jetta, 280k, 2003 jetta 270k
Hi, I'm wondering where you fellow TDI' ers find your best high cetane diesel around Charlottesville/ Ruckersville/ Madison/ Culpeper, Va. I like BP. but don't know where BP./Amoco stations are with good fresh diesel? Thanks. :confused:

tonystdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 700K miles, 2000 Jetta 288,000 miles
I'd like to know that also, I live in Chesapeake, VA, and I have a son going to JMU, so that would be helpful to know. The best I have ever found between here and there is 40. However the best I have found in Virginia is at a Mr. Fuel Truck Stop off of I-95 exit 104, it is 45

Ton

Veteran Member
TDI
early 2001 jetta
Do you have a Quarles card? The Quarles station in Culpepper has 42 cetane. It's an unmanned station. I really like Quarles fuel quality. There's a Quarles in Ruckersville. Quarles uses Shell, Citgo, and Pure fuels and then adds the additive Diesel Treat 2000 made by Shaeffer. I've seen a fair amount of trucks fueling up at both locations. Watchcard has 43 cetane biomass diesel and regular diesel on River Road in Charlottesville.

Last edited:

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
tonystdi said:
I'd like to know that also, I live in Chesapeake, VA, and I have a son going to JMU, so that would be helpful to know. The best I have ever found between here and there is 40. However the best I have found in Virginia is at a Mr. Fuel Truck Stop off of I-95 exit 104, it is 45
That's the place I use back and forth between Richmond VA, Frederick MD, and Baltimore MD.

Also check for Southern States fueling locations nearby. I use one in Frederick MD. Not always the cheapest, but they claim 45 cetane and use the winter additives. Pumps are 24-7 with a credit card, which is always nice. There's one in Charlottesville. Seem to get the same mileage from them as with Mr. Fuel.

Turbospool

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 White TDI Jetta, 280k, 2003 jetta 270k
Digital4n6 said:
That's the place I use back and forth between Richmond VA, Frederick MD, and Baltimore MD.

Also check for Southern States fueling locations nearby. I use one in Frederick MD. Not always the cheapest, but they claim 45 cetane and use the winter additives. Pumps are 24-7 with a credit card, which is always nice. There's one in Charlottesville. Seem to get the same mileage from them as with Mr. Fuel.
Hey ..... is this Southern States fueling location in Charlottesville on Harris street? Thanks.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
route 3 Shell, B5 ULSD same price as reg diesel

getfast

Veteran Member
TDI
10 GTDI (sold), 12 GTI, 98 M3/4, 95 M3
tonystdi said:
Try the "Country Store" Shell on Rte 250 just west of Richmond, maybe a mile from I-64 (at exit 173? Ashland Rd/SR 623.) There is competitively priced 45 cetane out back - the side closest to the building has the car sized nozzle. Google map to:

45 Broad Street Road, Manakin Sabot, VA 23103-2214

Last edited:

Dieselson

TDI
86 Jetta
Hi, I'm wondering where you fellow TDI' ers find your best high cetane diesel around Charlottesville/ Ruckersville/ Madison/ Culpeper, Va. I like BP. but don't know where BP./Amoco stations are with good fresh diesel? Thanks. :confused:
A station on Fontaine avenue in C'ville, just off 29 near the Ray C Hunt/ UVA complex, has 45 cetane and I think it is BP.