www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2010

TDIFest 2010 Discussion about TDIFest 2010 on the Labour Day weekend (September 3-5th, 2010) .

Old November 23rd, 2009, 17:37   #1
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km
Default TDIFest 2010, the location is Portland, OR

This year we had two very strong proposals from Chicago, Il and Portland, Or. With good locations and some experienced individuals behind each proposal it was a very tough decision. In the end I decided to select Portland, Oregon as the location of TDIFest 2010 (September 3-5th) and it will be hosted by the following people:

Lead Organizers: Shalon Fraser (Zippy_car) and Brian Webber (Jetpuf)
Committee Members: Keli McCoy Weltchek (Keli_OR),Philip Schroder (Farfromovin),Pierre Bigras (tothemax),Justin Grow (oldpoopie) and Michele Vasquez (TDI Blue Meenies)

I'll be posting more this week from the proposal and we anticipate having registration up and running in early in the new year once a few more items are tweaked.

As for the Chicago proposal, it was very strong and I hope to see this proposal resubmitted for next year's event. Related to the selection process, I'd like to move the due date for proposal submission forward by about 4 months. This will enable the announcement of the next TDIFest location to take place at the closing dinner at the next TDIFest. For those that have been patiently waiting since Labour Day, you'll have just that much more time to plan.

Congratulations to the this years crew!
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 17:42   #2
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy

Fuel Economy: see signature

Congratulations Portland! You all are going to do a great job. I can't think of a better group of folks to plan a West Coast TDIFest.

Also, thanks to Fred for the invitation to be on the TDIFest Steering Committee. I'm honored to be able to help out in this capacity.

Let there be West Fest!
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 17:43   #3
JetPuf
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: loswest mpg 32 Towing, average 45, highest 53 hwy

Thanks Fred! I speak for our group that we are truly honored to be the choice for TDI Fest 2010. I know the Chicago group put together a excellent proposal, and your decision was a tough one.

White '98 NB TDI "Jetpuf" 265k miles Tune, Injectors, Turbo, Peloquin, 02J 6-Speed..
Blue Graphite 2010 JSW TDI CR 61k miles Digifit's, 2 kiddos, OE dog barrier

Member of The Joneses
JetPuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 18:05   #4
mblhrmn

Fuel Economy: currently @ 35.1 mpg

Woohoo! Looking forward to the great, long drive next year and our first TDIFest. Way to go OR crew! Maybe I can even get that maple bacon donut I keep seeing on the Travel channel!
mblhrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 18:06   #5
airwolf
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40 avg. 47 max

Congrats Portland team! Having done two proposals now, I know the work that is involved.

Feel free to contact me us at anytime if you need help with anything along the process.

Look forward to watching your progress and help out where ever I can!

2006 Jetta TDI Shadow Blue Manual RC1+, minor vag-com tweaks,ScanGauge II, Newsouth Preformance Indigo EGT/Boost/Oil Temp gauges in a offset dash pod

TDIFest2009 Organizer! | TDIFest2012 Organizer!
airwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 19:43   #6
Farfromovin
Torque Addict

Fuel Economy: low: 35 high: 56 avg: 42.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblhrmn
Woohoo! Looking forward to the great, long drive next year and our first TDIFest. Way to go OR crew! Maybe I can even get that maple bacon donut I keep seeing on the Travel channel!
Voodoo donuts???

I am proud to be a part of organizing the 2010 TDI Fest! Thanks for the opportunity Fred.

[/old setup]212whp/354 ft-lbs14.862@96.677-Way faster than Chris [/new setup] At least 213whp, and way way faster than Chris.
Farfromovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 20:31   #7
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s

Thanks, Fred for the announcement. I know it was a tough decision for you.

Thank you to the Chicago group for their support. You are an incredible group of people to have put on the biggest fest in TDIclub history last year, only to turn around with the same energy and enthusiasm to put together another bid this year. well done.

It was a TDIclub first, 2 proposals submitted for 1 fest. We're glad to see that so many of you gave support to both bids. Best of luck to the Chicago group in the future.

We hope that this fest will draw in crowds from all over the western seaboard in both the United States and Canada, as well as many members from all over the country. This is the farthest west that TDIFest has ever been and we believe it is a great opportunity to bring everyone together to show support for TDIclub and the hard work and dedication that Fred and so many other members have put forth to keeping this club going strong! We hope to see many of you there!

Thank You for your continued support! See you in 2010!

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.

Last edited by Zippy_car; November 23rd, 2009 at 20:35.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 21:15   #8
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-18 towing hwy. 20-23

Well it's put up or shut up next year for the left coasters that wanted a closer "west fest" Lets see 400 at this one.

I might come. If I can fly 1st class. cattle hearded size seating does my back no favors for 4 1/2 hours. It's not the leg room...it's the width....Big people flying these days! I may be wide but I'm not wide enough to take 2 seats like the people next to me on the last 3 flights! Bent into the seat next to me for 4 hours sucked!
Old November 23rd, 2009, 21:31   #9
Keli_OR
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51/45/42

Thank you very much Fred for giving us this opportunity.

I am so looking forward to participating in hosting this Fest and showing people the beauty and hospitality of the great Pacific Northwest.

I need to rest while I can, because I get the feeling that the next 9 months are going to be a blur!!!!

Keli
Keli_OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 22:27   #10
OldGreaser
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 03 Jetta
Fuel Economy: Fuel economy, Hmmm, sit in driveway and listen to music save a bunch of $
Default Portland... I'm already packed.

Thanks Fred,

The left coast folks thank you.

Big thanks to Zippy_car, Jetpuf, Keli_OR, Farfromovin, tothemax, oldpoopie, and TDI Blue Meenies for putting yourselves out.

Yikes the work has just started...

I'll be there !!! Put my name on a group rate list for motel room for a week.

Last edited by OldGreaser; December 31st, 2009 at 22:31.
OldGreaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 05:19   #11
vikingrob
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 69.63/47/36

And now I am left debating whether to drive or fly, knowing that getting there is half the fun, as the saying goes, but it would be a three-day drive for me, unless I can get a co-driver. I definitely would have driven alone to a Chicago fest. I'm looking forward to the Fest in Portland, and plan to make the trip.

Last edited by vikingrob; November 24th, 2009 at 05:22.
vikingrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 06:55   #12
Lug_Nut
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Which VW diesel? There have been Twelve of them. Now 13!

I'll be driving.
And no matter if I go North or take a southern route I'll have to fight traffic the whole way.
Canada Day or Fourth of July traffic on the way out west, and Veterans Day / Rememberance Day on the way back home.

Svante Arrhenius 1896

Cogito ergo soy (I think, therefore: Biodiesel)
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 07:02   #13
mrchill
Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Location: MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x 2!

Wow...so the west it is....there BETTER be a lot of cars... Big states, lots of Tdis. I will have to fly there...I cant take 2 weeks off from work. What is there to do in Portland anyway?(besides the inordinate number of strip clubs). Of course...we will have to visit Rich and Marcel....and my buddy Phillip.

If you were traveling at the speed of light, and you turned your lights on......would anything happen?

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

You will get NOTHING! And you WILL be GRATEFUL!
mrchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 08:19   #14
JetPuf
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: loswest mpg 32 Towing, average 45, highest 53 hwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchill
Wow...so the west it is....there BETTER be a lot of cars... Big states, lots of Tdis. I will have to fly there...I cant take 2 weeks off from work. What is there to do in Portland anyway?(besides the inordinate number of strip clubs). Of course...we will have to visit Rich and Marcel....and my buddy Phillip.
There is tons to do! But what's wrong with strip clubs :-)

White '98 NB TDI "Jetpuf" 265k miles Tune, Injectors, Turbo, Peloquin, 02J 6-Speed..
Blue Graphite 2010 JSW TDI CR 61k miles Digifit's, 2 kiddos, OE dog barrier

Member of The Joneses
JetPuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 08:23   #15
Lug_Nut
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Which VW diesel? There have been Twelve of them. Now 13!

I just found a short-cut!

I-84 west to the end in Wilkes Barre, PA, then the hyperspace wormhole warp jump to re-emerge on I-84 where it resumes just east of Salt Lake City.
This bypasses that cornfield in-between.

Svante Arrhenius 1896

Cogito ergo soy (I think, therefore: Biodiesel)
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote