I have an auto TDI stuck in park need some trouble shooting help!

TDI
01 Jetta TDI
there is a sensor in the brake pad does this release the shift lock or is this not the right sensor if it is can i just solder the two wires together? thanks guys

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
The brake pedal switch is not sending power to the solenoid that pulls the shift lock pin. The brake pads are fine, all the troubles are inside the driver's area.
Try pushing the pedal down with one hand and then pulling downward on the plunger in the brake switch. It might be simply stuck and not following the pedal as the pedal is pushed down.

penclnck

There may be a factory recall for your brake light switch, call your local dealer with the VIN handy, they can look it up and let you know if it is covered at no cost.

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 DSG golf- wife stole it
hey your profile gives us no imfo to be able to help you, we need to know if it is a stick or auto, milage and any codes showing on a scan guage, or if the CEL(check engine light) is on. The only sensor i know of on the brake pad is a warning that sets the CEL if the brakes need replacement. try moving the steering wheel side to side then moving the key to several different positions. also you have to depress the brake pedal to shift an auto, I know this does sound simple but the neutral safety switch has proven to be the issue before.

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
Stuck in park

This has been covered before. If you would have done a search & advanced search you would have found your answer. Putting that aside, you have a bad brake light switch. You can purchase a new green one at dealer for about $4. Did you have the brake light switch recall done? If you want to drive car>turn ignition key part way but not to start & move selector to neutral>then start car.:)

TDI
01 Jetta TDI
Ez Fix : )

I was the brake light switch and it was only 15 bucks and it took me about 5 minute to change nevering having done it b4. also i took the old one apart after i got the new one in only to see it was a simple fix the contacts inside were burnt so i took a knife scraped them off and tested it now it works fine if anyone would like to see a pic of how this is done just let me no and i will gladly post it.