www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old August 31st, 2009, 20:27   #1
DirtyDzl
Veteran Member

Default The Evry mod how to.

I can't believe there isn't more clear information on this, i spent about an hour searching and ended up doing it the logical way to me (knowing basic electronics).

The mod really is simple, hopefully this clears up any confusion from the many other threads because i was indeed confused with them until i thought for a while on it.

This shows exactly where the injector harness is and what part of the wires to splice (though either side of the plug will work, this side is more accessible). Wires 2 and 3 are connected with a 1k (what i used) resistor. Wire 2 is the first pin on one side of the harness, pin 3 is second from the other side. The wires are labeled on the harness (which is awesome).

Here's the wiring, i personally cut the wires, put the resistor wiring in there and twisted it all back together and electrical taped it up. Basically you take the wires apart, splice them back together, but add the resistor's wiring.

For "tuning". You turn the resistance down until the motor starts idling rough, then turn it back up until it smooths. I played it safe and went to smooth and turned a bit more.

And the disclaimer part, you **** up your car, not me, i'm not liable for damages.

Any questions will be happily answered.
DirtyDzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 21:27   #2
thunderwolf

What engine is this for and what does it do?
thunderwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 21:37   #3
DirtyDzl
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwolf
What engine is this for and what does it do?
I'm not sure the engine code, works on the 1.9 TDIs from 1998 to 2005 (correct me if i'm wrong, i'm very new to diesels). It tricks the computer in to dumping more fuel in (which on a diesel is like pushing the pedal through the floor). Results surprised the hell out of me...but i also have bigger injectors.
Old September 1st, 2009, 19:34   #4
twentyeight
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1Z & ALH
Fuel Economy: Personal Best: 57mpg

As I understand it:

There's a sensor that senses the position of the quantity adjuster. Think of it as a syringe pumping up and down. If you extrapolate for time, you get a (more or less) sine wave.

The computer reads this wave to check itself on how much fuel to inject. What you are doing with this mod is tying the signal low through a resistor. The lower the resistor, the more of the voltage (and thus amplitude) of the wave 'leaks' out.

A shorter wave is interpreted by the computer as a need to move that syringe plunger further, resulting in more fuel.

Honestly, it's a lot more fun with a switch and potentiometer in cockpit somewhere . It's telling to witness the change when the switch is flipped.
Watch out for the smoke, though. Mine absolutely dumps the stuff.
twentyeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:51   #5
DirtyDzl
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyeight
As I understand it:

There's a sensor that senses the position of the quantity adjuster. Think of it as a syringe pumping up and down. If you extrapolate for time, you get a (more or less) sine wave.

The computer reads this wave to check itself on how much fuel to inject. What you are doing with this mod is tying the signal low through a resistor. The lower the resistor, the more of the voltage (and thus amplitude) of the wave 'leaks' out.

A shorter wave is interpreted by the computer as a need to move that syringe plunger further, resulting in more fuel.

Honestly, it's a lot more fun with a switch and potentiometer in cockpit somewhere . It's telling to witness the change when the switch is flipped.
Watch out for the smoke, though. Mine absolutely dumps the stuff.
Yeah, i put mine on a switch, thing smoked everywhere and i got horrible fuel mileage. It's fun to flip the switch on while you're flooring it to feel the actual gains.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:06   #6
NB_TDi

Fuel Economy: Best 56MPG

If you don't under stand the information given in this thread...

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...=evry+mod+beer

Don't do it. I created a circuit that indicates if it's on. I built it, tested it and tossed it. Walk away.

1994 Jetta 1.8 2000 Jetta TDI, 2005 Jetta 2.0, 2010 Tiguan 2.0 TFSI 4Motion, 2014 Jetta 2.0
Everytime you post a picture with PhotoBucket, a TDI gets below 30MPG.
NB_TDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 20:10   #7
DirtyDzl
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB_TDi
If you don't under stand the information given in this thread...

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...=evry+mod+beer

Don't do it. I created a circuit that indicates if it's on. I built it, tested it and tossed it. Walk away.
Explain?

And BTW, by resistor i meant a potentiometer so you can dial it around until you find the sweet spot.

Last edited by DirtyDzl; September 2nd, 2009 at 20:13.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 21:16   #8
TDICADDGUY
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42/46/51 with 5 speed - was 36/40/42 with 01M

Its a crappy and ineffective mod that could potentially damage your engine.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 21:27   #9
traxterXT
Veteran Member

TDI(s): jetta 2005
Fuel Economy: 4.6L/100km

well i would not say ineffective but you need more air. my GF car i run the evrymod over a 500ohm and a 1k pot. i got R520 injectors, a KKK K14 running 22PSI and 4GPH meth injection. I'm still tweaking the car but i got no chip. i will run the dyno in few weeks
91 Jetta TD God bless Diesel
traxterXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 21:47   #10
puffsmokeonya

TDI(s): 99 bug 5 spd

if you do this to a switch just for some smoke action do you need the resistor? 99 bug TDI 5spd
puffsmokeonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 07:16   #11
DirtyDzl
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffsmokeonya
if you do this to a switch just for some smoke action do you need the resistor? 99 bug TDI 5spd
Yes, the resistor is required. I don't know what would happen without it, but i'm sure it wouldn't be good.
Old September 11th, 2009, 10:08   #12
Pugsley
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2003 Beetle

I think the reason nobody fully explains this is because if you can't figure out how to do it with the limited info you probably won't understand the risk your taking when using this mod.

I did this mod awhile back, only use it when I see a big pickup or some asshat is riding my bumper.
Pugsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2009, 20:29   #13
puffsmokeonya

thats what i want it for. is bumper riding idiots. or show off what size resistor?
Old September 12th, 2009, 21:31   #14
DirtyDzl
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffsmokeonya
thats what i want it for. is bumper riding idiots. or show off what size resistor?
I used a 1k pot.
Old September 13th, 2009, 07:52   #15
puffsmokeonya

thats what i was thinkin. is there a hp bump? or is it just smoke?