www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2009

TDIFest 2009 Discussion about TDIFest 2009 coming to Washington, DC (Dulles)on the Labour Day weekend (September 4-6th, 2009) .

Old August 12th, 2009, 10:12   #1
BleachedBora

Default Evolution Skid Plate Group Buy/other fest requests

I'm doing a group buy on Evolution Skid Plates for the upcoming Portland West Coast GTG. We've got 15 plates heading down there; I was just asked if there is a way I can get skid plates to Fest. Shipping is going to be about as far away from Washington State as possible, but if I can get 10 plates committed to I'll do $40 off my website prices. 20 Plates will be $50 off.

Just for informational purposes I figured 300 lbs of skidplates will cost me about $350 to ship via Freight! There would be no additional shipping charges for anyone however. Please post ASAP if you're committed and I'll get going on it. Need to know what type as well:

A4 with or without drain plug
A5
A3
B4
Corrado
AUDI A4, TT etc....

Also, I'll do Hella Micro DE Foglight kits at a further $50 discount, $150 picked up at the GTG. I'd prefer to have interest in these beforehand as well. Any other special requests from Ecodes to gearsets please let me know and I'll remember to bring it!

Thanks,
-BB
BleachedBora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:18   #2
jettafock
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 34.5 39 44

Would you do the $150 picked up price on the jetta micro de fogs at the fest as well? also, i take it that there isnt much of an issue with these blocking air flow to the IC, right?
2004 Jetta TDI 17/22, RC3, 3bar, 2.5 DP no cat with magnaflow muffler after DP to 2.5 straight pipe, 17" Monte Carlo wheels, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni Yellow's, 337 front/rear brakes, GLI brushed alum. interior trim.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/788097 2009 TDIFest Peoples Choice Winner
jettafock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:53   #3
BleachedBora

Sorry, I meant $150 picked up at fest. I'd like a good idea of how many of those to bring too; since I'm flying in I'm understandably going to have to be careful on how much stuff I bring, hence I hope that special requests will be put in with enough time for me to ship it all out there. I plan on sending out the skid plates from WA 2-weeks from today. As for the foglight kits I'll probably have at least 4 with me, maybe 8 if enough are needed. I have 37 kits in stock...

Cheers,
-BB
Old August 12th, 2009, 18:50   #4
rme
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachedBora
Sorry, I meant $150 picked up at fest. I'd like a good idea of how many of those to bring too; since I'm flying in I'm understandably going to have to be careful on how much stuff I bring, hence I hope that special requests will be put in with enough time for me to ship it all out there. I plan on sending out the skid plates from WA 2-weeks from today. As for the foglight kits I'll probably have at least 4 with me, maybe 8 if enough are needed. I have 37 kits in stock...

Cheers,
-BB
Would the interference with the IC be restrictive for their use?
18" Michelins/RC1/Oettinger sport grill/American Racing Wheels/Weather TECH Mats and trunk mat/Cat Filter/Garmin GPS/XM Radio/Sharan Ant/RED TDI Badge/Smoked Sidemarkers/Chrome trunk trim/LED lights and I'm an automatic.....
rme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 21:53   #5
BleachedBora

Not in my experience; I have customers using the DE kits in Arizona, Texas and other very warm places. Even out here in Utah at 105-110 degrees, or when I was in Vegas at 118 I didn't notice any adverse effects. If one were paranoid one could get the AUDI TT vented sideskirts and that might help a bit, but I seriously doubt it's necessary.
-BB
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:35   #6
dhdread

i'll join the group buy and pick up a skid plate (w/ drain hole) at the fest. i have a A4 '98 new beetle. let me know if your bringing them to the fest.

dhdread
dhdread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:37   #7
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy

Fuel Economy: see signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdread
i'll join the group buy and pick up a skid plate (w/ drain hole) at the fest. i have a A4 '98 new beetle. let me know if your bringing them to the fest.

dhdread
Are you going to register and participate in the activities?
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 14:03   #8
Matt-98AHU
Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor

Hook me up with a mk3 skidplate
Old August 19th, 2009, 14:37   #9
BleachedBora

Cool guys, ordering 15 today for West Coast, we still have about a week before I have to order these up, so lemme know!
Cheers,
-BB
Old August 21st, 2009, 05:33   #10
ritsco
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG @ 80 MPH (I like it !)

Please put me down for one of the fog light kits.
Rocket Chip, Panzer Plate, Frost Heater, Tint, BBS RXII's, Heated Aspherical Mirrors, Euro Switch, ScanGauge II, Front and Rear Foglights, Reiger Front Lip, GLI Shocks and Springs, 3 Spoke Leather Steering Wheel, AlienTech Window Control Module, BFI Upper Rear Bar, Monster Mats, Blacked out Emblems,
Looking to add Navi and a Rear Spoiler
Avg 43 mpg so far
ritsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 10:03   #11
BleachedBora

Cool, will do. I'm also exploring a special order of ecodes and euro rub strips, but I'd need at least 4 commitments before I could do that...