www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old October 30th, 2001, 14:28   #1
JettaX74

TDI(s): none anymore
Default So can I order this or not?.....

My wife and I have been looking for a particularly rare configuration on a Jetta TDI. I have called several dealers in Indiana and have recieved responses which fall into three basic categories:

1. Is it snowing in hell yet?
2. Yes, we can find it, but not anytime soon.
3. Yes, we can find it soon, but only if you give us a deposit.

Most of the responses have fallen into the first two categories, but the ones that answer 3. confuse me. Do they subscribe to some Holy Grail VW Catalog, or are their chances the same as anyone else's?

My instincts tell me that taking a deposit is just a ploy to suck me in to shopping with only one dealer. However I can also see that few people would want to do all the legwork without some degree of certainty that they'll get the commission for the sale. Any thoughts?
JettaX74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2001, 14:44   #2
intensity
Veteran Member

Default Re: So can I order this or not?.....

Just Curious... What exactly is the rare config??

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JettaX74:
My wife and I have been looking for a particularly rare configuration on a Jetta TDI. I have called several dealers in Indiana and have recieved responses which fall into three basic categories:

1. Is it snowing in hell yet?
2. Yes, we can find it, but not anytime soon.
3. Yes, we can find it soon, but only if you give us a deposit.

Most of the responses have fallen into the first two categories, but the ones that answer 3. confuse me. Do they subscribe to some Holy Grail VW Catalog, or are their chances the same as anyone else's?

My instincts tell me that taking a deposit is just a ploy to suck me in to shopping with only one dealer. However I can also see that few people would want to do all the legwork without some degree of certainty that they'll get the commission for the sale. Any thoughts?
<hr></blockquote>
intensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2001, 17:56   #3
JettaX74

5-speed TDI's have been hard to come by lately. 5-speed with a leather interior, even more so. The fact that we want BLACK leather has made it next to impossible.

In the 2 months that we've been searching, we've only found 5 or 6 cars set up like this. But by the time the dealer puts in the trade order with an out-of-state dealership or puts in a request for one off the boat, they find that for one reason or another, the car has become unavailable.

Last Friday, a saleperson at Muncie VW found FOUR cars that matched the specs we want. I gave her my CC# to put a hold on one. On Monday, she called to tell me that the car she held was sold over the weekend by an "overzealous" salesman at the other dealership, and that the other three were already sold. She told me that she hadn't charged the CC for a deposit since she lost the car. We were sooooo close. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old October 30th, 2001, 18:18   #4
hotrodtdi
Veteran Member

Try Frontier Vw 800-757-6605 they have the largest seletion in Washington. We have purchased 3 cars thru them best prices around these parts.
hotrodtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2001, 21:12   #5
tadc
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45/42/37

I was at Dick Hannah (vancouver WA) last week and was amazed to find 8-10 TDIs on the lot.... all New Beetles, and almost all autos. ??
tadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2001, 07:37   #6
intensity
Veteran Member

In THAT case, i'll sell you mine?!

black leather. five speed, luxury package, galatic blue 6000 kms!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old November 1st, 2001, 09:51   #7
JettaX74

I can stop worrying about ordering now, I got hold of a 2000 in BEAUTIFUL shape. Now I'm going to go outside and just look at it for awhile...
Old November 1st, 2001, 20:01   #8
Driv'n EZ
Veteran Member

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Good for you. Congrats to the new owner
Driv'n EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2001, 21:07   #9
intensity
Veteran Member

Good for you, your search paid off... And so will the car I hope [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]