Beeping & Battery Light

DAILY-DRIVER

TDI
05 JETTA
I was wondering if this had hapenned to anyone else. I've got an 05 Jetta TDI.

I'm driving home today and out of nowhere there's a beeping sound inside of the car and a light in the dash which I thought was the e-brake(obviously wasn't).

The clock and the k's travelled reset after the beeping stopped the everything went back to normal(light in dash was off). When i got home I checked what that light was...the battery.

Is this a sign of a low battery or an electrical problem or...?

Anybody run into this?

ritsco

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL and 2006 Golf TDI GLS
See my electrical gremlin post in this section. It is back to doing again after a short break and I haven't yet pin pointed the cause........yet.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Yes, check your charging circuit including grounds. Free alternator and battery checks are available at many parts stores.

Bill

DAILY-DRIVER

TDI
05 JETTA
Now.....as soon as I park and turn the car off, the trip odometer and clock reset. It gets better...when I open the door to get out - the panic function is activated with the horn and lights. I have to put my keys back in to almost start position just to turn it off. Talk about a pain.

Is there a solution to this electrical problem out there yet?

I'm taking it back to the dealer tomorrow to have a look at it but I have a feeling he'll be good for nothing.

I appreciate any input.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Umm....

Did you read Post #4? What did you find out? What is your battery voltage when the engine is off? With the engine running?

Bill

pwrstroke1999

TDI
2002 Jetta
I have had some of the same problems out of my 02 Jetta TDI. Clock and trip meter resetting when shutting off car. Alarm going off when opening door. I took my alt. off nothing was found wrong with the Alt. but there was a loose bolt in the alt. That was tightend up Altinator was reinstalled.So far two weeks have gone by with no problems.Good luck Lin.

pwrstroke1999

TDI
2002 Jetta
I have had some of the same problems out of my 02 Jetta TDI. Clock and trip meter resetting when shutting off car. Alarm going off when opening door. I took my alt. off nothing was found wrong with the Alt. but there was a loose bolt in the alt. That was tightend up Altinator was reinstalled.So far two weeks have gone by with no problems.Good luck Lin.

VOLKSWAGEN_JETTA_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI , 2006 Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI, 2002 VW GTI 1.8T
I am not having a reset problem, the problem i am having is the abs and brake light going off with three loud beeps. Also, at night interior lights go dim at a stop but go back to normal while i am driving.