www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Central Regional States

South Central Regional States Local discussions for those on the South Central US. (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas)

Old August 25th, 2014, 15:58   #1
Rabert

TDI(s): 2012 Passat
Default Decent Dealership in Fort Worth, TX Area?

Any suggestions for a Dealership with a decent Service Dept in the Fort Worth, TX area? I started to take it to Metro VW in Arlington (30 miles) then changed my mind to Weatherford (30 miles). But, thought I would check in before choosing. Thanks!
Rabert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2014, 16:13   #2
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

There are at least 3 trusted mechanics there from our list, if you aren't dead set on a dealer. Link is in my signature below.
Old August 25th, 2014, 16:38   #3
Rabert

Thanks, I did look a t that and contacted Tim's German shop but here is more info. I have posted a thread witht he noise I am hearing at start up. This is a CPO and has another 2 yr bump to bump. Honestly, I would rather take a whippin than go to a dealer but if they are paying...........
Old August 25th, 2014, 21:22   #4
Ozzmosis86

I go to Hiley in Arlington. If you are working with the service department ask for Huma, she is great.

Andy
Ozzmosis86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2014, 10:35   #5
tdiatlast
Veteran Member

Update: I just had questionable service at Tim's German Auto. Very nice guys, very devoted, but different philosophy.
They still recommend 5k oil changes.
They feel that overfilling the crankcase is no big deal, and we're all overreacting to it when it happens.
They charged me $410 for DSG service, which is about $80 more than just down the road.
None of this means they're completely incompetent, although I'll stick with the manufacturer's recommendation for OCI and oil volume (isn't that why there's a line on the dipstick???

Ozzmosis86: care to update your post about Arlington after your extensive experience with them? Do you still recommend them? (also, I sent you a PM. Did you receive it?)
Old September 22nd, 2014, 08:04   #6
GTBullitt68

Fuel Economy: Fuelly

I also go to Hiley VW in Arlington. They have been very good for service. I've had both Huma and Richard for my service advisors and they have both been great. They call whenever there's a status update with your car and offer free shuttle service. Not sure what their prices are for service out of warranty as I'm just now coming up on my 30K mile service.
Old September 22nd, 2014, 08:21   #7
Rabert

Hummm, I haven't got my nerve up take it in. The knock is still there no better, no worse. I tried the so called "DSG Reset" (turn key on, no start, hold gas pedal down for 10-30secs, turn key off). I didn't notice any difference.....does this really work? Has anyone tried the VW Dealer in Weatherford?
Old September 23rd, 2014, 11:35   #8
sandwichtx

Autobahn in Fort Worth is great. I have had good experience with the service and parts dept. They will also wash and vacuum your car for free.
Old September 23rd, 2014, 11:37   #9
tdiatlast
Veteran Member

sandwichtx: Could you give me a name for a service advisor and tech?
Old September 23rd, 2014, 12:56   #10
sandwichtx

Jim Curry
VW Service Advisor
Autobahn VW

Direct Line: 817-390-3773
Email: JCurry@abahn.com
Old September 23rd, 2014, 18:27   #11
kpenner
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 49

Autobahn VW in Ft. Worth, that is where I bought my Passat.
kpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 19:38   #12
jetta ,97

Fuel Economy: 39 MPG 20%hwy,80% citi;48 MPG hwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabert View Post
Hummm, I haven't got my nerve up take it in. The knock is still there no better, no worse. I tried the so called "DSG Reset" (turn key on, no start, hold gas pedal down for 10-30secs, turn key off). I didn't notice any difference.....does this really work? Has anyone tried the VW Dealer in Weatherford?
Why do not go to Steve, he is trusted mechanic here and very good guy, I know him very good and he will take care of anyone:
http://www.tdiguy.com/

You can also contact me or Brian ( he is Denton) for any questions. We are here to help you or anyone elese that need help.
Not just work, even if anyone needs advice.

Thanks
Marin
ECU TUNING-TDTUNING Authorized Dealer
MK6 Needle Sweep,MK5 Needle Illumination
jetta ,97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2014, 21:46   #13
lilredjetdiwagon
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47/43/41

I go to Autobahn VW for service. Highly recommend them!!
sold03VWJetwagnTDiGLS (M/T)
85ToyCorLELtd 93LexES300 73ToyCorwagn
lilredjetdiwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2014, 08:40   #14
Rabert

Thumbs up

Quick Update: Great job Jim Curry and Autobahn! The finally fixed my issues I had. Almost four weeks later the Turbo and #3 injector was replaced. Jim was great and they stuck with resolving the issue. A big thumbs up for Jim and Autobahn. Absolutely no complaints with them.
Old November 28th, 2014, 21:25   #15
lilredjetdiwagon
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47/43/41

Glad that my "preferred" dealership in the metroplex was able to fix your issue.

Have requested Wallace, one of the sales personnel there numerous times to be a sponsor here.... I personally find him to be very sincere and straight forward individual to deal with....
sold03VWJetwagnTDiGLS (M/T)
85ToyCorLELtd 93LexES300 73ToyCorwagn
lilredjetdiwagon is offline   Reply With Quote