www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2009

TDIFest 2009 Discussion about TDIFest 2009 coming to Washington, DC (Dulles)on the Labour Day weekend (September 4-6th, 2009) .

Old April 14th, 2009, 12:21   #16
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature
Thumbs up

I like it! But I think you may want to tone down the realism on the car. A more ambiguous car outline will keep us safer when it comes to copyright stuff.

Great start though!

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 13:07   #17
kcfoxie
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: see fuelly

Let me get out of Mac hell and back into an environment where I can work and I'll see what I can come up with. To be fair, and to most people, it looks like most of the other LeMans vehicles out there. (Specifically the Acura, Dauer, MG and five or six other vehicles on the next page) The different is the TDI on the side....

However for legal purposes, because VWAG and VWoA have absolutely no spirit at all, I'll try and muck it up more. I'm also not "pleased" with the other two items, so I might just print and freehand (put my tablet to use) something in vector and work from there... that way, should my artwork be selected, we'd have tshirt ready vectors.
Old April 14th, 2009, 17:38   #18
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfoxie
Let me get out of Mac hell and back into an environment where I can work and I'll see what I can come up with. To be fair, and to most people, it looks like most of the other LeMans vehicles out there. (Specifically the Acura, Dauer, MG and five or six other vehicles on the next page) The different is the TDI on the side....

However for legal purposes, because VWAG and VWoA have absolutely no spirit at all, I'll try and muck it up more. I'm also not "pleased" with the other two items, so I might just print and freehand (put my tablet to use) something in vector and work from there... that way, should my artwork be selected, we'd have tshirt ready vectors.
Works for me. I like where you're going with this, so I'll shut up and see what you can come up with.

Old April 14th, 2009, 17:59   #19
burpod
teh stallionz!!1

why won't justler use his mad ms paint skillz and design a *real* logo!!!
88 scirocco
AHU 2056vl build... delayed...05 jetta tdi & 06 golf tdi
burpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 10:03   #20
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km

I'm not a designer, but my recommendation would be to try and keep the logo proposals simple and not too detailed. This will make it show up better on tshirts, websites and such. If there is too much intricate work, the detail may not be replicated onto the tshirts properly.
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 10:54   #21
kcfoxie
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: see fuelly

i worked in a screen shop during college, the initial design certainly won't translate into a screen well at all. I've also not had the luxury to work on this at home (due to, ready for this, computer troubles). However am I the only one working on a design?

I think my mockup's a good starting point...
Old April 15th, 2009, 11:49   #22
oEo
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: mid 40's

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW Derf
I'm not a designer, but my recommendation would be to try and keep the logo proposals simple and not too detailed. This will make it show up better on tshirts, websites and such. If there is too much intricate work, the detail may not be replicated onto the tshirts properly.
Spoken like a true designer! I have a few ideas... I might be able to knock out some roughs/comps.

-Tony

2 0 0 4 I n d i g o B l u e G o l fR C 1 T D I C L U B A D D I C T I O N @ 1 4 9 k — R u n n i n g W i t h T 6 — U O A
oEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 12:19   #23
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

I updated Fred's post to include the 2006 logo.

Old April 17th, 2009, 21:20   #24
ozpassatwagon05

Default my quick tshirt idea...just trying to help

Here is a quick idea i had... and its simple enough that the whole family could enjoy wearing. It has the DC location and the redskin colors to add to the DC theme. Just wanted to contribute to the idea.

I havent figured out how to incorporate the "I" into the washington monument... Im stuck on the use of that monument for the "I", i am heading to bed shortly and may just dream up something totally different.

Last edited by ozpassatwagon05; April 17th, 2009 at 21:37.
ozpassatwagon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 22:07   #25
Torque_Delight
TDIClub Enthusiast
Modded

Fuel Economy: ~5 l/100km

Nice job!
I'm just not sure about the "I"... It looks like "TD Club" and "TD Fest" to me
But nice simple design
Jetta TDI 2001 GL (~650 000 km) : GT-1749VB, EGT/O2/Boost Gauges, Scangauge II, Sachs VR6 Clutch kit, OEM G60 Flywheel, 502 Nozzles, MRTuning, Euroswitch, Hella Micro-DE w/ yellow bulb, Rear fog, Wolfsburg's Heated Seats, Koni STR.T Shocks, H&R OE Sport Springs, TT Control Arm Bushings, 17" Santa Monica (GTI VR6) Wheels, DieselGeek Skid Plate, FX35 HID Projectors Retrofit, GLI Tail Lights, 2004 Trunk lid.
Torque_Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 23:20   #26
ozpassatwagon05

i totally agree about the "I" thing... so here it is again with the I in the logo and a different front style... it does look a lot better

Last edited by ozpassatwagon05; April 17th, 2009 at 23:38.
Old April 18th, 2009, 06:28   #27
jettafock
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 34.5 39 44

no redskin's color either. That would just make fore a good rag after the fest.
2004 Jetta TDI 17/22, RC3, 3bar, 2.5 DP no cat with magnaflow muffler after DP to 2.5 straight pipe, 17" Monte Carlo wheels, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni Yellow's, 337 front/rear brakes, GLI brushed alum. interior trim.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/788097 2009 TDIFest Peoples Choice Winner
jettafock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 06:58   #28
ozpassatwagon05

Its really not about the "redskins" colors. its about colors that are associated with DC... We can always pick red, white and blue and pretend to be on the 4th of July parade, or in the middle of elections.

Super dark colors will keep everyone nice and toasty during our ultra hot and humid summers here in VA... a lighter color will quickly get dirty from dirty hands that have been opening and closing hoods, or tinkering with stuff.

So that is my reasoning for choosing certain colors over others... all input is welcome... i dont design tshirts or anything i just happen to know this site from doing a unit tshirt once upon a time.

It allows you to load pics and use those images as well...

For those wondering the site is www.customink.com just go there and its very user friendly to get your ideas rolling. I learned last night that they are actually a local company here in VA.

Their address:
7900 Westpark Dr Ste T500
McLean, VA 22102-4234
1-800-293-4232

here is a variation with a different color:

in VW's colors

In "Dusk"

Last edited by ozpassatwagon05; April 18th, 2009 at 07:09.
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:22   #29
onlyinabeetle
Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor

I have to say the third color works well, also I am partial to the typical grey like last year too, however not sure how yellow would look on it

Bought 2.11.12. - 2012 - Jetta Sportwagen - Nothing yet...
Bought 9.17.2004 Sold 8.24.16 - 1998 - New Beetle: S3+ Rocket Chip PP 357 injectors
onlyinabeetle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:36   #30
oEo
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: mid 40's

Has there been any discussion of 1-sided vs 2-sided shirts? I would assume 2-sides will increase the cost?

2 0 0 4 I n d i g o B l u e G o l fR C 1 T D I C L U B A D D I C T I O N @ 1 4 9 k — R u n n i n g W i t h T 6 — U O A
oEo is offline   Reply With Quote