Just a few codes

nocebl

TDI
2004 GOLF TDI
I own 2004 Golf TDI and a few days ago after I started the engine, Check Engine Light came on. After reading the codes using OBDII code reader I was left surprised by discovering that 6 codes were stored. Here are all the codes.
2108, 2102, 1027, 2426, 0245 and 0670. Is there any chance that these codes are related to each other and does anybody knows where to start for problem solution. It is unusuall that all 6 came on the same time.:confused:

nocebl

TDI
2004 GOLF TDI
If some of the codes were stored earlier why the CEL didn't came on at that time?
Forgot to mention that car was recently in VW service for EGR cooler replacement and that I have checked if any of the codes were stored after the service.

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
It looks like all of those would set the CEL/MIL.

A few of them are for the EGR/intake control devices. Likely the engine was started with connections unconnected during service.

Are they set continuous or sporadic? Did you erase and scan again?

nocebl

TDI
2004 GOLF TDI
They are set continually. After ereasing all the codes they are coming again after starting the engine.

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
Check and replace fuse 34 as required. If it blows again, you'll have to find the short; a technician could have damaged a wire if he was careless during the EGR service.

nocebl

TDI
2004 GOLF TDI
jcrews,
guess what, fuse 34 is history. I am going to buy set of fuses and will keep you posted

nocebl

TDI
2004 GOLF TDI
OK,
here is latest.
Fuse 34 replaced, checked for codes again and only 2 came on.
2102 and 2108. Any idea where to look for fix for those 2 codes

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
Check the electrical connectors and wires going to the EGR and anti-shudder valve. You might have to peel open the wire guide and look at the wires.

I found this while searching.

nocebl

TDI
2004 GOLF TDI
After spending some time trying to find what is wrong, I have found out that Intake Flap Motor was burnt out. Here is picture of disassembled part. Pretty stinky too... Now I have to find right place to buy this part. Anybody got an idea where to look beside the dealer?

nocebl

TDI
2004 GOLF TDI
found the part on 1stvwparts for $303.65. I will keep you posted once I install new part.
thanks for your help jcrews.:)

nocebl

TDI
2004 GOLF TDI
part number is 038128063L
This is the part that is replacing original PN 038128063G
BTW this part number is for BEW engine code. If you are not sure that this part is bad do not take it apart. metal cover is glued to the housing. I have took my appart since I had some rattles inside the housing and there was a strong burn odor.

Last edited: