FS - OEM butt connectors!!

penclnck

VW/Audi part number 000 979 940

I am selling these in set of 10 only. Shipping is a flat $2.50 per order shipped to the lower 48 States. $4.50 shipping per order to Canada. Pricing breaks down as follows:

SOLD ONLY IN UNITS OF 10.

10, 20 and 30 units, $1 each.
40, 50 and 60 units, $0.95 each.
70, 80 and 90 units, $0.90 each.
100 and greater units, $0.85 each.
1,000,000,000 units, contact for special pricing.:D

Shipping is a flat $2.50 per order to the lower 48 States.

My price is cheaper than what the your local VW/Audi dealer is paying, let alone reselling them for about $3.30 each! These are the exact same part, made by the same OEM supplier. Search the part number online, you won't find a better price per unit than this. There is a reason several VW and Audi parts departments have started purchasing from me.... same part, better price.

They are the perfect size for most wiring harness repairs because of their smaller size, they fit the .5mm wire (18 to 22 gauge). If you ever go to replace terminals at a control module, these are the perfect crimp, the larger red crimp takes up more space, and the crimp barrel is too large for the smaller wires anyway to get the most effective crimp on the wire.

To purchase, just CLICK ON THIS LINK. I'm using Paypal for payments, just pick the number of connectors you want from the drop menu and follow the instructions.

If you have any questions about them, just send me an IM here at TDI Club.

Thank you

---edit 27.10.13---

Now in Cherry flavor!

VW/Audi part number 000 979 941

CLICK ON THIS LINK TO ORDER!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
I'm up for 20, I'll pm you about shipping to Canada.

penclnck

The OEM tool that dealers have is VAS1978/1-2 with the VAS 1978/1-1 dies on them. While a really great pair of crimping pliers, as one might guess, they cost a lot.

I've been using these for years though:

Got them off a Snap On truck years ago, Blue Point 29CP. I use the "BARE" part of the pliers. One does need to be careful and not to squeeze too hard and crush though the crimp itself, thus ruining the crimp. From what I can tell, the Channellock 909 pliers are the same thing.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
It's ashame that VW/Audi discontinued many of the actual terminals.

can you get the crimp on terminals?

penclnck

Scott_DeWitt said:
It's ashame that VW/Audi discontinued many of the actual terminals.

can you get the crimp on terminals?
I don't know about VW discontinued terminals... but I do know that sometimes if you don't have the part number for a given terminal, it can be a real pain to find the correct one.

Terminals never came with a butt connector crimped onto it, but that is what these crimps are for since VW and Audi do not allow soldiering on the wiring harness.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
VW superceeded all their terminals to the pigtails they carry now. Used to you could just put new ends on wires instead of having to use butt connectors and pigtails.

penclnck

kooyajerms said:
that's not a heat shrink also by chance? looks nice and sticky...
Yes, they do heat shrink and they are adhesive lined so that the wire is glued into place thus sealing the crimp off from any water/dirt. The adhesive is like a hot melt glue gun.

The photo with the penny, you can see a bit of the adhesive on the wire where it comes out of the connector.

MrDave

Veteran Member
Scott_DeWitt said:
VW superceeded all their terminals to the pigtails they carry now. Used to you could just put new ends on wires instead of having to use butt connectors and pigtails.

I think the terminals are available, if you know what to order.
They're still listed in ETKA, on image 979-25.

The pics on the left show the pigtail, but the price is
under a dollar each, IIRC.

Now if somebody could assemble nice kits of those....

-Dave

SmokeFree

Vendor
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2008 Audi A3 2.0T, 2010 Mercedes Sprinter 3500
just bought 10, hope it fixes a botched MAP sensor and Evry mod I tried to fix with solder... my ECU doesn't like the resistence me thinks...

jbleu101

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDi, GLS
Just ordered 20. I think with all the projects coming up I just might need a few. Thanks.

Jeff

penclnck

I now have the red ones in stock ready to ship:

Pricing for them is as follows:

10, 20 or 30 pieces, $1.10 each
40, 50 or 60 pieces, $1.05 each
70, 80 or 90 pieces, $1.00 each
100 or more, 95 cents each.

Flat $2.00 shipping/handling fee for all orders. IM me directly if you wish to purchase. I can also get the larger blue and yellow ones if needed.

Thank you.

penclnck

Just bumping this post back up. I've sold out of the red ones today and will be ordering more on Monday, so there will be a delay on shipping for those. I've got 360 of the small yellow ones ready to ship!

Side note.... I'm not making the terminal release tools at this time. I am looking to make them again in the future that will be better quality than the ones I had been making, but at the same price. However, a rather large investment sum will be needed.... so please buy butt connectors. :D

penclnck

Friendly bump on this. I'm mailing out several orders today that came in all at once. Thank you everyone!

Early next month I should be talking to an engineer of some sorts to see about having dies made so I can start producing terminal release tools again. My hope is to fund that project with the sales of these butt connectors.

If you need the red sized ones, IM me directly.

Thank you.

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
Which color of these butt connectors would I need for the dimmer wires (gray I think) that attach to various buttons for the internal lighting? Also, do you have any terminal connections by any chance?

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
Ordered some yellow ones from your site. You are still doing this, right? Thanks.

penclnck

Bumping this up to the top, would like to sell a few thousand more! :)

These are weather proof. As per VW/Audi, these butt connectors are how wiring harness repairs are to be done, no soldiering allowed!

Thank you.

penclnck

Popping this thread back to the top. OEM Butt Connectors, these are the same items sold through the dealer, but without the high price. I'm selling them for less than what your local dealer pays for them from VWoA.

Thank you.