2002 jetta sedan

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
alright, so i'm just going to start this thread over, sorry, but i'm replacing all my pictures with smaller ones and from the day that i bought it. I have had the car since January of 2007, and it currently has 86000 miles.

spring of 2007

spring of 2008

spring 2009

as of August 15th 2010

car currently has 114k on it and is sitting on factory wheels. new wheels are in the works as well as some other things this winter if i can find them for a good price
leave some feedback, i can take it if its bad. sorry no interior pics yet. coming though

Last edited:

one.nine

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 TDI
Nice car. I just got done putting the same antenna on my wagon about 5 min ago.

do you think you could make the pics a little bigger?

SmokinTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
I like the taillights, I think thats what I'm doin next. :)

And do ya think you could resize your pics.:rolleyes:

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I'm not feeling the rims or the decals on the rear windshield. Other than that, it looks decent.

one.nine

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 TDI
Yep, i agree, less sticker= better. No stickers=best.
I hate bumper stickers, window stickers, stickers period. I think it makes nice cars look trashy. Your car would be soooo much sweeter if those were gone. I have always thought stickers make cars look cheaper. Let the car speak for itself.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
for sure i'm gonna be at dgd gtg. i'm actually getting my car chipped too so thats really nice. i just wanna learn. my friend who told me about it thinks that i should get nozzles done too since i'll be getting a new chip anyways, but i don't have the money to do that....:(

TDIoily

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
squire89 said:
for sure i'm gonna be at dgd gtg. i'm actually getting my car chipped too so thats really nice. i just wanna learn. my friend who told me about it thinks that i should get nozzles done too since i'll be getting a new chip anyways, but i don't have the money to do that....:([/quo

Check the for sale section, I picked up a some .764's for only 250 shipped. You still got some time before the GTG. Otherwise, you could see if anyone has stock 5spd nozzles that they no longer want. Wifes wagon is an auto with 5spd nozzles, rc 2/3, and a vnt-17. Nice quick wagon.

TT71

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
Nice Jetta. I would ditch the Boucher plate frames. Im not a huge fan of the roof rack being on the car when its not in use and like the other poster mentioned the window stickers dont do anything for me either. All that is minor though.
Nice rims in both set of pic. I wish I was brave enough to own a black car again. I had a black truck once before it drove me crazy keeping it looking clean

Last edited:

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
It has literally been...a year or so since i have updated this thread. some minor changes... new headlights, 4 motion front valence, dieselgeek bypass filter, gli interior trim, r32 steering wheel, FK Silverline coilovers, H&R 28 mm rear sway bar, new sub in a custom box, wood trunk floor, plaid headliner; arm rest; parcel shelf; rearview mirror, beetle headrests. i still have a couple of parts to put on: pd130 tip, mason tech great plates, egr cooler delete, and i'm working on finding a pd150 intake manifold. i'm making a custom intake as well as soon as I get my parts together and also wrapping my roof rack bars with wide electrical tape to make them black instead of painting them.

i only have one pic as of yet, but will add more when I get a chance to take some

Last edited:

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Looks amazing, nice work. Love those superturismos! The 4-mo and HIDs really tie the front end together. Some side skirts might really set things off.

Hey, what do I spy on the back of your rear view mirror there? Some plaid? Did you have to remove the mirror to do that? I hate my off-white mirror in the otherwise black interior, too....

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
Yup, removed the rearview mirror(turn counter clockwise to remove). Then split the mirror using screw drivers tucked fabric inside then reassembled

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
So did you remove the entire mirror assembly (with the stem part) off the glass, or just the mirror housing itself off the stem?

Basically I am chicken to do this because I have seen a couple of fools on Vortex crack their windshields in the process. Would be soooo not worth it. But if its easy to pull off I'll probably just paint mine black.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i was worried about the same thing and I did it when it was like 0 out, so i was more nervous. i actually pulled the mirror off its stem then took the base off. so yea, its not too bad, just make sure you don't pull away from the windshield until AFTER you turn it 90 degrees to the left or drivers side of the car

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
one new pic from today

...ok maybe 3

finally got my egr cooler delete as well as my pd130 tip installed. now need to do something with my ccv... probably will end up doing the hoses set up. i have a dynaflow(the new aluminum ones) and was able to wedge the plastic elbow back on but this is not a permanent solution really had to fight with the plastic to get it to bend far enough to get it to work.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i'll work on it. just have to clean it first. she's still due for her spring detailing....maybe i'll just snap a few for all to see

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
squire89 said:
i'll work on it. just have to clean it first. she's still due for her spring detailing....maybe i'll just snap a few for all to see
Give us the before and after! Also working on my spring detailing... but I forgot how much of a pain in the ass it is.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
i'll take and post some interior pics tomorrow. didn't ever take any...last thing on my mind since i finally just got my car clean enough to warrant pictures.

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Looking CLEAN, man.

Stance and wheels are just so dope. Way to rep style with a TDI. Makin me want to drop $ on a 4-mo valence.

Do you always keep the rack on, or was that just for the show? Whats your typical mileage like?

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
I finally will be leaving it on as i enjoy kayaking a lot and kind of need the rack for that. i'm looking for a way to lock my kayak carriers on my rack but with no success as of yet. My rack is black currently due to the addition of electrical tape, and i'm thinking that i'll be taking it apart and painting it black then recovering it with tape to help with rock chip reduction.

mileage drops a little bit, probably like a mile or so a gallon. i'm right around 39 with the rack on and about 40 without. auto:(

as for the fairing, i'm thinking of making a show fairing, with some funny stickers and such. i'm also starting a show sticker collection on my back window that will likely not appeal to many people here, but I think its a cool idea so people know where you've been.

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I love the interior... I'm probably going to go with a checkerboard plaid with large squares. That looks fantastic. I'm not sure about the color scheme of the engine cover though. Would like to have seen the same plaid on it... :p

Also, I think you should do your door card cloth inserts in the same plaid pattern. You're doing most of the things that I want to do... :(

Have you considered using .:R pedals?

Good deal here for the gas, brake, and clutch pedals:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-pedals-Gas-Brake-Clutch&highlight=r32+pedals

ECS has the dead pedal for $49.95 also:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_IV--TDI/Interior/Pedal/ES465532/

I mean, you're already rockin' the .:R32 steering wheel and have a brushed aluminum interior. I think it would pull the look together... :)

Last edited:

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
before i get ,:r pedals, i need....a manual tranny. as for doing the door cards, i don't have enough fabric to do them all so i don't want to have two done and then be out of fabric you know?

i tried laying it out in plaid and it looked absolutely terrible.....i needed some more cans of paint and an airbrush to get some darker shades on the same color overlaps so it doesn't just look like some crappy stripes that have been added. and as for being the stipes, i think it will look better because it divides the engine compartment theme from the rest of the car as not many cars at shows have a tdi in them kind of making the engine a separate focal point.

as for pedals. i might just break down and get the set that sells on ebay for the auto transmission. or i could just deal with having a small brake pedal if i were to get the manual transmission pedals.