Rank your favorite WVO system

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Maybe we could stop some of the bickering if all parts of the WVO community would self-police.

WVO fans: To those of you who want to be 'left alone:' please stop using the word 'haters' or other variants. It only makes you look like whiny children unwilling to take comment or criticism. It's a World Wide Website. You will be criticized. Deal with it like men. People criticize each other far worse in the performance section than anything here, yet you don't hear them whine like babies about it.

WVO neutrals: keep it up.

WVO-against: don't goad people into pointless arguments.

T's: I apologize to you for my infractions against you. I thought we had a start to a good dialogue in that other thread. PS: chemE-->advanced chem. major. Key word: dialogue.

T'sTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
bmali98 said:
^ sry, but you didnt help the WVO cause... and ur sigs creepy:confused:

WVO + motor oil = polymerized crap that kills everything
Thats why you change your oil at 1/2 intervals, you might be thinking biodiesel about the longevity and fuel filter thing.
Yeah I'll agree, you didn't help the WVO cause. Anyone knows to shorten OCI, heck i shorten my OCI on a car that doesnt burn WVO because I feel I am taking better care of it. Motor oil looses its lubricating properties when VO polymerizes it to a certain degree. Really speeds up the wear and tear on an engine. Maximum OCI 5000, 10K is way too much.

WVO doesn't prolong your engines life. You can hope to keep it the same and not shorten it, i.e doing your stuff right.

About the only thing an old merc has in common with a high pressure TDI is they both run on diesel fuel. Thats a totally different engine, totally different design and did I say totally different???

I will agree that Frybrids design is one of the best, only because they sell EVERYTHING that you need to do it correctly.
Greasecars kit is quality too however, if you read what they have to say on the subject, they tell you to switch over when your up to operating temp. I know for a fact that oil is no where even close at a safe temp zone unless you got a FPHE or a vegtherm.

I really hope your doing a bit more than your buddies are on there Mercedes. Typically mercs are built like a brick s***house and they can take the extra abuse of so-so filtering methods and not quite up to temp. I am here to tell you, and I am all for WVO on a TDI, you will not get away with that with a TDI. No way no how period. Thats the nature of the beast if you want it succesful. Do things right, yeah a TDI with go 200K, no prob, do it wrong, you'll experience problems in 10k, maybe less.

Please don't become another casualty, do your homework.

TDIjolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS tdi
bmali98 said:
^ sry, but you didnt help the WVO cause... and ur sigs creepy:confused:

WVO + motor oil = polymerized crap that kills everything
Thats why you change your oil at 1/2 intervals, you might be thinking biodiesel about the longevity and fuel filter thing.
lol to thinking my sig is creepy(dude I just turned 19 its not a big age difference dont want you thinking im some 30 year old perv).

Using a synthetis motor oil, and well filtered WVO doesn't shorten oil time intervals. At the same time though my filtering set-up is much different from others I get my oil from a Italian restaurant that only uses soy oil, I personally know the owner and when I get my oil from him its at a state that most would pour into there tank. I then run it through a continuous cycle through a centrifuge for a minimum of 4-6hours.

And the term hater isn't going against the people themselves and me in a counter attack. I used it as a surprised statement, for people disliking the WVO in general. I doesn't matter to me what kind of fuel you use, spend 5.00/gall if you like, I'm not trying to argue with anyone by any means just sharing my own opinion and experience.

TDIjolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS tdi
T'sTDI, I agree MB is a 100% totally different engine. I will disagree to the day I die that WVO doesnt prolong engine life (no need to start the argument tho because it would be pointless you have your opinion and I have mine so lets just go with to each his own.) I change my oil every 5k, never more but I would do the same on diesel aswell, just because I don't care what kind of oil you use or what kind of car you have sludge builds.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
TDIjolly said:
In my opinion frybrid is the best kit, easy to use, makes WVO easy.
I don't know why there are so many haters on here against WVO if you do it right you have no problems. Also you want your engine to go to 500k+ miles, WVO only prolongs the life of your engine when done right. I don't know why you feel the need to shorten your oil change intervals because WVO is a more lubricating fuel which allows you to go longer. The only cons to WVO are changing fuel filters more regularly, to help this put in a primary filter before the fuel enters the stock fuel filter. Also the up front cost of buying a WVO kit. However if your mechanical and have the time making your own kit is not difficult, and will cost about $700.00 depending on how fancy you want your system to be.

I don't know this is all my own .02, I was nervous about WVO myself mainly due inpart to this website and all of the things going wrong with other people. But I have two cousins running WVO in homemade kits on there MB, and they are both over the 200k+ miles in thier cars. So with that first hand experience I'm going for it, and so far the only problem I've had is changing the fuel filter.
Young man, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Pick up a text book, go to a few dozen credit-hours of physics and chemistry classes, mentor a mechanical engineer for a while, and then come back and throw your two cents in. Until then, you can tell us that the Pope's poop tastes like pineapple upside-down cake, and your posts will carry the same weight that they do now... none.

T'sTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
VeeDubTDI said:
Young man, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Pick up a text book, go to a few dozen credit-hours of physics and chemistry classes, mentor a mechanical engineer for a while, and then come back and throw your two cents in. Until then, you can tell us that the Pope's poop tastes like pineapple upside-down cake, and your posts will carry the same weight that they do now... none.
I got news for you, your posts are the ones that carry no weight on this subject matter. A person that says WVO can't be done, has no idea what there talking about. How can you provide any information if you yourself have never done it? Instead of reading chemistry and physics books, why don't you pick up a book that explains a diesel engine and get back to me on why it can't be done. Tell that to MiksTDI with 175K on his and I can find you another one with over 250K. I have the link if you wish. I guess that still proves it can't be done right??? Please.....

If your going to call me out on this thread make sure you know who your calling out. Give a person a keyboard and a forum to post on and they become world beaters.:cool:

If you want an argument, give me a reason why you think it can't be done. Again lets exclude people who have tried to burn watered down veggie at 120 degrees. Lets assume some intelligence. Just as much as people wanna say burning WVO is dumb, how smart is it to pay $5 a gallon diesel fuel??

Now on to the more important matter....

Keep on keepin on Jolly, sounds to me your going about things better than I thought. I still don't agree about the prolong life of the engine, but if thats true, I ain't complaining:D although I don't think it is....To each their own opinion.

We also centrifuge our oil. When we did it however we didn't get much out of it, o yeah and there was no issues with it not working. That bad boy was spinning every bit of 8000 RPM, it took a minute for it to spin down.

We filitered our oil with a 10 micron filter, but we have had the stuff settling for probably a good 3-4 months. Since we got little to no crap in our centrifuge, that definitely proves that gravity settling is key and probably the best filter money can buy (actually money can't buy that):D

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Hey T's, NEWSFLASH! I never said it couldn't be done.

When I said that he (Jolly) had no idea what he's talking about, I was referring to his comment about not needing to shorten oil change intervals because "WVO prolongs engine life." I won't even start on the fact that he compared a 1980 mechanically controlled indirect-injection diesel to a 21st century electronically controlled direct injection diesel. But go ahead buddy, jump the gun. That's cool.

And that's right Jolly, keep on keeping on. WVO prolongs your engine's life because it is a superior lubricant. Because of this earth shattering fact, I am now recommending that you use WVO in your crankcase as well. While you're at it, extend your oil change intervals to 20,000 miles. No need to worry whatsoever.

Oh yeah, as for misquoting me and misrepresenting what I've said, please provide quotes from when I've said that WVO was impossible to burn in a diesel engine, or wouldn't work, our would stop the earth from spinning.

Chasee and I have spoken about this very topic a bit, and I have acknowledged that he has worked out a very impressive WVO system. When someone is doing something right, I'll be the first to acknowledge that. But when someone does something half-assed, I'll be the first person to point that out. Sucks to be you (or whomever) if you (they) can't handle the criticism for doing it wrong.

93FryGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta w/ the 1Z
Hey, Jolly, I guess I dont get how you think you are able to put the V100(or WVO, whatever) through your STOCK filter? Because Frybrid certainately doesnt have this done, nor should it ever be considered... did you mean something else?

TDIjolly said:
put in a primary filter before the fuel enters the stock fuel filter.

Last edited:

T'sTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
VeeDubTDI said:

When I said that he (Jolly) had no idea what he's talking about, I was referring to his comment about not needing to shorten oil change intervals because "WVO prolongs engine life." I won't even start on the fact that he compared a 1980 mechanically controlled indirect-injection diesel to a 21st century electronically controlled direct injection diesel. But go ahead buddy, jump the gun. That's cool.

And that's right Jolly, keep on keeping on. WVO prolongs your engine's life because it is a superior lubricant. Because of this earth shattering fact, I am now recommending that you use WVO in your crankcase as well. While you're at it, extend your oil change intervals to 20,000 miles. No need to worry whatsoever.

Oh yeah, as for misquoting me and misrepresenting what I've said, please provide quotes from when I've said that WVO was impossible to burn in a diesel engine, or wouldn't work, our would stop the earth from spinning.

Chasee and I have spoken about this very topic a bit, and I have acknowledged that he has worked out a very impressive WVO system. When someone is doing something right, I'll be the first to acknowledge that. But when someone does something half-assed, I'll be the first person to point that out. Sucks to be you (or whomever) if you (they) can't handle the criticism for doing it wrong.
My apoligies, I assume every one on this forum condemns WVO. I would like to know why you attacked me earlier though. As I have read none of your posts on WVO subject, you obviously haven't read any of mine. Most if not all of my posts are based off trying to accomplish a complete burn. I don't need to be told that hotter coolant will help heat the VO better atomization and less viscosity. I like to think I have a good understanding of the subject, and I hate when people roll everyone up into one calling them morons.

Again I assumed. Although its only once in a blue moon when I call some one out that somewhat believes in the stuff. In fact its only happened once, yourself. Who would of thought! Heck I thought we were about to start another Why I hate WVO thread :rolleyes:

TDIjolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS tdi
93fryguy, yeah i wasn't talking kit there, my first run of WVO was stock diesel tank, I no you think its crazy[It is] my WVO is very clean so I did a small amount in stock tank that was just me going a little off subject in that previous post, sorry for confusion.

TDIjolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS tdi
VeeDubTDI said:

READ POSTS! Dude I didnt compare a TDI to a MB. All I said was my cousins set-up, and where I first started learning about WVO never did I say they were the same. Also never did I say anything close to a 20,000k OCI. Yes in my opinion, OCI can be lengthened with WVO never would I go over 5k miles, but at the same time I wouldn't do that in a gas/diesel vehicle either.

VeeDubTDI
P.s. the "Pope's poop tastes like pineapple upside-down cake"

Last edited:

vwcampin

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS TDI Auto
TDIjolly said:
VeeDubTDI said:

READ POSTS! Dude I didnt compare a TDI to a MB. All I said was my cousins set-up, and where I first started learning about WVO never did I say they were the same. Also never did I say anything close to a 20,000k OCI. Yes in my opinion, OCI can be lengthened with WVO never would I go over 5k miles, but at the same time I wouldn't do that in a gas/diesel vehicle either.

VeeDubTDI
P.s. the "Pope's poop tastes like pineapple upside-down cake"
Jolly,
Just to be clear for all who are reading, the normal OCI for the TDI is 10,000 miles. It is recommended by the majority of WVO users to cut your OCI in half (5000 miles) due to WVO contamination of the engine oil. This can/will turn your engine oil into jello. WVO is a great lubricant, just not when mixed with engine oil in the crankcase.

In any case, are you running a companies two tank kit or homegrown?

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
TDIjolly said:
(snip) Yes in my opinion, OCI can be lengthened with WVO never would I go over 5k miles, but at the same time I wouldn't do that in a gas/diesel vehicle either.
5K mile OCI is twice the nominal oil change frequency for ALH, BEW, BRM platform Tdi's, FYI.

TDIjolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS tdi
nicklockard said:
5K mile OCI is twice the nominal oil change frequency for ALH, BEW, BRM platform Tdi's, FYI.
I wasn't aware of VW's recommended OCI of 10k. Cut me some slack I've only owned my TDI for a little over a month. I'm actually surprised they have it at 10k, I would never let it go that long, I dont even like going 5k, I normally go 3k, but with WVO i go 5k.

VWCAMPIN, right now Im not running WVO in my TDI, I have seen the frybrid kit though in a friends TDI thats why I suggested it. It seems to be pretty good for a kit.

Last edited:

vwcampin

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS TDI Auto
TDIjolly said:
I wasn't aware of VW's recommended OCI of 10k. Cut me some slack I've only owned my TDI for a little over a month. I'm actually surprised they have it at 10k, I would never let it go that long, I dont even like going 5k, I normally go 3k, but with WVO i go 5k.

VWCAMPIN, right now Im not running WVO in my TDI, I have seen the frybrid kit though in a friends TDI thats why I suggested it. It seems to be pretty good for a kit.
Frybrid is a nice kit. Do some more reading on this site in regards to oil change intervals. Using the proper spec oil, you should have no problem going the normal 10K OCI. I am used to the old air-cooled VW's and had a hard time comprehending going that long without changing the oil, but read some of the oil report samples people post here. No problems with 10k (non WVO users) OCI's. Save your money.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
TDIjolly said:

I was not stealing any of your slack, merely informing you.

*thoughtcrime! :-0*

Last edited:

93FryGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta w/ the 1Z
TDIjolly said:
OK thanks. I actually need to change my oil tommorow, I bought http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_Turbo_Diesel_Truck_5W-40.aspx

I'll read up and see what people have to say and if they've used it on TDI. It meets API CH/CG-4 standards. Owners manual says it should meet atleast one of the 2 being how it meets both I think it should work
I use Amsoil in my vehicles, always will, too.

I just hope that oil you pointed out is meant for VW, because it doesnt exactly specify, but I think the rating they put on it is the right one...

Ok, gotcha about our previous posts, you WERE running one tank, I see now where that got me confused...

TDIjolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS tdi
Nicklockard, wasn't saying u were stealing my slack. I do thank you for the information.

fryguy, honestly when it comes to oil I'm a big fan of mobil1 always have been. At my local autozone they dont have Amsoil, the only oil they have that says VW 505 00, is Gastrol syntec. Is it better for me to get that instead of the Mobil1 because it says VW 505 00?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
TDIjolly said:
I wasn't aware of VW's recommended OCI of 10k. Cut me some slack I've only owned my TDI for a little over a month.
In that case, you should probably stop giving uneducated opinions about greasing a TDI and listen to what people are saying. :rolleyes:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
T'sTDI said:
My apoligies, I assume every one on this forum condemns WVO. I would like to know why you attacked me earlier though. As I have read none of your posts on WVO subject, you obviously haven't read any of mine. Most if not all of my posts are based off trying to accomplish a complete burn. I don't need to be told that hotter coolant will help heat the VO better atomization and less viscosity. I like to think I have a good understanding of the subject, and I hate when people roll everyone up into one calling them morons.

Again I assumed. Although its only once in a blue moon when I call some one out that somewhat believes in the stuff. In fact its only happened once, yourself. Who would of thought! Heck I thought we were about to start another Why I hate WVO thread :rolleyes:
T's, no worries. If you're going to do something right, then more power to you. My goal here is to stop the spread of misinformation. Chasee and I battled it out for quite a while before we settled on common ground regarding the issue of WVO.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
TDIjolly said:
Nicklockard, wasn't saying u were stealing my slack. I do thank you for the information.

fryguy, honestly when it comes to oil I'm a big fan of mobil1 always have been. At my local autozone they dont have Amsoil, the only oil they have that says VW 505 00, is Gastrol syntec. Is it better for me to get that instead of the Mobil1 because it says VW 505 00?
gastrol? or TUMS?

T'sTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
VeeDubTDI said:
T's, no worries. If you're going to do something right, then more power to you. My goal here is to stop the spread of misinformation. Chasee and I battled it out for quite a while before we settled on common ground regarding the issue of WVO.
You in me are in the same boat then brother. Spread the intelligent word not the BS. Thats what I try and accomplish myself.

Good to know there are other people out there such as yourself that promote the intelligent use of the stuff and not "filler up and go" like most people assume. I can't believe some of the nonsense I have come across...

Talking to Everyone at this point--

If thats what your after (fill it up and go), find an old mercedes, otherwise learn the facts and information to do it right on a TDI. It will save us all a lot of arguing and headaches over another failure that was caused by no one else but the user.

Bottom line, it can be done correctly.

A great quote applies to WVO, "if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail."

SJWVW

TDI
02 VW TDI
Oil

TDIjolly said:

Use the Castrol, it's meets the 505 spec, it's what the dealer uses and reccomends and aside from Amsoil it's the best for your motor - in my humble oppinion.
What motor does your cousin have in his mercedes 3.5? Home made single or double tank? How many miles on vo?

TDIjolly

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS tdi
VeeDubTDI said:
In that case, you should probably stop giving uneducated opinions about greasing a TDI and listen to what people are saying. :rolleyes:
Dude this thread asks for our opinions first off, so I gave mine about me feeling that frybrid has a nice set-up. I'm also not going against what anyone is saying, where have I started to do that? I didnt know about VW's recommended OCI. I never onced said go more then 5k on WVO. So read my posts and make sure you understand what I'm saying if your confused ask me. Until then Hop Off

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
TDIjolly said:
Dude this thread asks for our opinions first off, so I gave mine about me feeling that frybrid has a nice set-up. I'm also not going against what anyone is saying, where have I started to do that? I didnt know about VW's recommended OCI. I never onced said go more then 5k on WVO. So read my posts and make sure you understand what I'm saying if your confused ask me. Until then Hop Off
you sound smart