www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old January 29th, 2009, 16:17   #181
MrErlo
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: lifetime 45.52, best 61.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTDI
Mr Erlo, vwcampin, and DeafBug (maybe?), and whomever else, it took me a while to coordinate things since I work out of town (NY actually) but it seems like it's comming together.
sorry i won't be able to make it this weekend, i'm headed to Des Moines. my friend Nick has a VagCom, and i'm sure he'd be willing to lend it to you. in fact, we might both be able to stop by on Sunday and have a look at the finished product, and to run some diagnostics. would that work for you?

DeafBug,
i still need an IP swap and a TB job, and my twin brother MrScottdi needs a TB as well. we don't have a garage as of now, but i'm in the process of looking. i'll let you know as soon as we've got something. i think that weekend of Feb 28th should work for me, i'll check my calendar at work tomorrow and let you know.
MrErlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 06:11   #182
vwcampin
Veteran Member

Husker,
How did you make out this last weekend?
Old February 5th, 2009, 22:54   #183
MrErlo
Veteran Member

Default 10mm IP and TB Kit are on their way

i just ordered my parts, so now i need someone to install them....
Old February 9th, 2009, 06:02   #184
MrErlo
Veteran Member

i'm looking at ordering two more things

http://www.metalnerd.com/cat10.htm

Part HZ456000 - Diesel Fuel Line Wrench - 17 mm
Part MN1818 - TDI Injector Slide Hammer Puller

i figure they'd both just be good to have around, seems like someone in Omaha should own them. if anyone already does, let me know. in that case i would like to borrow them when i help my brother swap in a set of Sprints this spring.
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:18   #185
vwcampin
Veteran Member

Eric,
Have you talked to DeafBug or Losha about install? Maybe Husker or TDIEddie can offer up a space if you have enough lead time. Just a thought.....
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:25   #186
TDI eddie
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42 +/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwcampin
Eric,
Have you talked to DeafBug or Losha about install? Maybe Husker or TDIEddie can offer up a space if you have enough lead time. Just a thought.....
I have the space and Brad knows how to get here for sure, I'm just not 100% sure when I'll be around and for how long. I'll check with my wife and see when her next trip to Iowa is. That's when I stay put

INMotion Stage 2 Chiptuning Oh YA
TDI eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 11:52   #187
HKS

TDI(s): 2009 Jetta
Default Need more help finding Cabin Filter

I looked under the glove box and saw two pushpins. Kind of flimsy. It looks like they would be damaged when removing a panel. Do you get new pushpins with filter? Or, what do you remove to get to the filter?

HKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losha
Yes, it does have. I'm not sure where exactly its located in Jetta, but in passat its under glove box inside of HVAC housing were blower is.
HKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 13:39   #188
HKS

Default Dealer Inspection

I am taking the car to the dealer for a 60 day new car inspection this Friday, who by the way said "Yes it has a cabin air filter". We shall see. I asked the mechanic to look at it.

HKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS
I looked under the glove box and saw two pushpins. Kind of flimsy. It looks like they would be damaged when removing a panel. Do you get new pushpins with filter? Or, what do you remove to get to the filter?

HKS
Old April 15th, 2009, 11:25   #189
vwcampin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS
I am taking the car to the dealer for a 60 day new car inspection this Friday, who by the way said "Yes it has a cabin air filter". We shall see. I asked the mechanic to look at it.

HKS
This might help:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3302867
Old April 16th, 2009, 11:41   #190
HKS

Default 2009 JPollen Filter Mystery

VWCAMPIN,
Thanks for helping, but that does not look like my 2009 Jetta under the glove box.

I hope there is a retrofit pollen filter option available if it is not there.

HKS

Quote:
Old April 19th, 2009, 14:54   #191
HKS

Default Pollen Filter update

Went in for my 90 day inspection. No one knew for sure about the cabin filter. The mechanic removed some screws and found a cabin filter. They said so. I did not see him remove it. Anyway, the underside of the glove box area does not look like any picures posted on this site. I will try to find the screws that were removed and the take a picture to post here.

HKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS
VWCAMPIN,
Thanks for helping, but that does not look like my 2009 Jetta under the glove box.

I hope there is a retrofit pollen filter option available if it is not there.

HKS
Old April 21st, 2009, 09:23   #192
jessep28

TDI(s): None

I'm from the Omaha area and am considering buying a Jetta TDI. It would be my first diesel. I'm still not convinced enough yet to go check one out.
jessep28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:39   #193
vwcampin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessep28
I'm from the Omaha area and am considering buying a Jetta TDI. It would be my first diesel. I'm still not convinced enough yet to go check one out.
Are you looking at new or used? Do you have a long commute or travel a lot? Do you/can you do basic work on your car? Those are just a few things to consider before looking to buy one. There are certainly enough of us here in Omaha if you wanted to check one out.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 13:58   #194
jessep28

TDI(s): None

Quote:
Are you looking at new or used? Do you have a long commute or travel a lot? Do you/can you do basic work on your car? Those are just a few things to consider before looking to buy one. There are certainly enough of us here in Omaha if you wanted to check one out.
I would buy new since the 2009 models qualify for the lean burn energy credit and being a new vehicle also qualify for an above the line sales tax deduction.

My commute is about 12mi each way. I am capable of doing basic work on a car but I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be.
jessep28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2009, 21:18   #195
MrErlo
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessep28
I am capable of doing basic work on a car but I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be.
none of the old-hand Omaha area members have a 2009 yet, but HKS will have some experience if you decide to buy one. the rest of use would be glad to help out, and glad to learn more about the 2009's for ourselves.

welcome to the club, and i hope you make the wise decision to purchase a TDI.