www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old January 12th, 2008, 18:00   #1
jellisdrum

Default Mechanic in Nashville

Hey again....

Does anybody know of a shop in Nashville, TN that's really experienced with TDIs and honest?

I really just want someone to check over my car to make sure everything's normal, and to possibly do a trans flush, as I don't have vag-com.

So....where to?
jellisdrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 18:19   #2
paramedick

Can't say for Nashville. Lots of folks from there come up to see me. About 4 hours.
paramedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 00:17   #3
wrenchman30
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2005.5
Fuel Economy: 43 best befor egr much better now

uhhh if you would like to chance a problem with the repair and possibly only have to pay for parts you should call the nashville auto diesel college. they are always needing cars for the students in the shop phase. when i went i had to work on my own for the two weeks we were in that class. being straped for cash my group did minor stuff to all of our vehicles.
wrenchman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 06:01   #4
Motor7
Veteran Member

I can highly recommend Paramedick. I also have to drive up from E. TN, but it's worth it to have someone that knows what he is doing. Besides, 4hrs in a TDI is about 2 bucks worht of fuel.....
RD
Motor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 07:01   #5
DaMidget
Veteran Member

Agreed, Paramedick is worth the trip! Fantastic job on my timing belt.
DaMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 17:53   #6
biopete
Veteran Member

Default Nashville Autohaus

Nashville Autohaus , http://www.nashvilleautohaus.com/. I'm in nashville. Will Fisher , the owner is a friend of the family's, great guy. I bought my first 92 Jetta diesel from them for 1900. It had 219,000 on it then and had a new head put on because the timing belt broke. It has like 280,000 on it now and still going strong. My step dad owns it now. They are good people and probably as honest as mechanics can be but cost 80.00 an hour. I think they know TDIs pretty good. Not as good as paramedick probably. I do all my own work on my TDIs so i do not know exactly what they know. People take them to them for timing belts though and i would recommend them for a shop. A local TDI guru would be best but unfortuneately, i am not there ( yet ) Also the VW Dealer in River Gate i read here has a good TDI Mechanic. Beware of Cool Springs Dealer. Never go there. They overfill oil, don't know a leaky IP when they see one and are generally worthless in my experience.

Our first TDI, the A3, the dealer selling it to us, had it inspected at Nashville Autohaus. He takes all his cars there. Another friend of the family's. That A3 has been the best, trouble free car we have ever had. I think an inspection is about 80.00 probably.

HTH