I just finished puting in a turbo on my car I hope it works after all this work. not really worth the $300-$350 savings.
1. it cost $279
2. had to rotate intake nozzle 180 deg
3. had to remove vac actuator
4. had to cut casting off intake shell that held vac mod
5. had to rotate exhaust side to line up oil lines
6. had to drill & tap new & proper location for vac line hookup
7. had to block off incorrecty located vac hole (drill & tap inside of port m6 x1
8. weld mounting ears to attach cold air tube to turbo
9.grind exhaust side so as to get a modified socket on nut to mount the turbo onto the manifold
10. modify old vac actuator to fit new turbo (new one not worth the fight to fit)
12. get 3/16 x 1 3/4ish o-ring and shave it to fit intake part of turbo to cold air tube due to new on .045 under stock
if it runs tomorrow. ****ing priceless do not attempt this unless you can laugh at yourself for being cheep and can weld aluminum.
will post pics of the bastardized unit if I can figure it out.
this is what the guy sold me
ipex has it for $635 drop in why o why me oh my