2002 GOLF ABS light on

bulldogue

TDI
Black TDI Golf 2002
My son's abs light came on. We've checked the front sensors and noticed that the resistance of the right sensor is 980 ohms and the left is 0 ohms.

Is it normal to read as much ohms on a sensor and would you say that the left is bad, since I have no reading? After all it's a coil I guess.

funny thing is that 980 ohms???

Thanks.

Mike

bulldogue

TDI
Black TDI Golf 2002
urname7698 said:
What code is the ABS computer returning?
Do I need vag-com to check this out or just a regular obdII?

If obdII is ok will check this out tonight when he comes back...no vag-com.

Thanks.

Mike

urname7698

Veteran Member
TDI
Shopping
I'm not sure.. I know the vag-com will scan the ABS computer.. not sure if a standard OBD2 scanner would show a code as its not an ECU code its a seperate computer

bulldogue

TDI
Black TDI Golf 2002
Found that the left wheel sensor was open circuit. All others were reading between 980 to 1005 ohms. The sensor was replaced.

Question is now...will the abs light eventually turn it self off or do we need to get it erase with vag-com.

Thanks.

Mike

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
have the computer scanned with a VAG-COM.

There should be lots of people in Canada with them... check my signature for a list of people.

bulldogue

TDI
Black TDI Golf 2002
alphaseinor said:
have the computer scanned with a VAG-COM.

There should be lots of people in Canada with them... check my signature for a list of people.
Alright. Thanks.

Mike