www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2007

TDIFest 2007 Discussion about TDIFest 2007 that happened in Montréal, Canada.

Old August 25th, 2007, 21:29   #1
diy_fool
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '00 NB
Default Best routes to/from Quebec City

So I'm going to the Fest this year and combining it with a couple days stay in Quebec City first, then on to Montreal. So my question to the locals is what is the best route between cities- 40 or 20?
I've never driven outside the cities so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:32   #2
black_and_chrome
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy_fool
So I'm going to the Fest this year and combining it with a couple days stay in Quebec City first, then on to Montreal. So my question to the locals is what is the best route between cities- 40 or 20?
I've never driven outside the cities so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
This really depends on the time you are looking to go... traffic is a big issue in the city. Both routes are good and take about the same time... Quebec is a Great city!!! You will love it!!! Please let me know what time you plan on leaving Montreal, and I will tell you the best way to go...
2005 Jetta TDI PD GLS Black on Beige - 35% tinted, Diesel Power DIGI PD PRO + TPC, G60/VR6 Clutch, TT shortshifter, Passenger Performance DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3" SS straight pipe, 3.5" tip, Cat 2 FF, Autometer Colbalt Boost and EGT - R-Line pedals, shifter, monster mats, plate cover, grill emblem, custom decal in window - Frost TDI Heater, Evo Skid Plate, Pioneer F-900-BT W/Sirius Satelite, OEM GLI valances, OEM GLI 18" BBS RC Rims
3rd place at TDI Fest 2007 Show and Shine
black_and_chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 15:34   #3
diy_fool
Veteran Member

I haven't really established times. Though I do expect to be driving mid day. I should be leaving upstate NY on Wed AM, taking 15North to Montreal not stopping just passing through on the way to Quebec City.

Two nights in Quebec City and then drive back to Montreal for the fest on Friday- afternoon? or evening? some advice on traffic patterns would help.

Thanks
Old August 26th, 2007, 19:45   #4
black_and_chrome
Veteran Member

Quote:
I haven't really established times. Though I do expect to be driving mid day. I should be leaving upstate NY on Wed AM, taking 15North to Montreal not stopping just passing through on the way to Quebec City.

Two nights in Quebec City and then drive back to Montreal for the fest on Friday- afternoon? or evening? some advice on traffic patterns would help.

Thanks
In that case you are probably better off taking the A-15(n), to A-30(e), to A-20(e), to A-73(n), to Quebec City. This way you avoid the city all together... On you return I would suggest taking the A-40(w). This will avoid having to take bridges that always seem backed up . A- 40 to exit 52 to Blvd St. Jean(s) will bring you right to the Holiday Inn.

Hope this helps,
2005 Jetta TDI PD GLS Black on Beige - 35% tinted, Diesel Power DIGI PD PRO + TPC, G60/VR6 Clutch, TT shortshifter, Passenger Performance DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3" SS straight pipe, 3.5" tip, Cat 2 FF, Autometer Colbalt Boost and EGT - R-Line pedals, shifter, monster mats, plate cover, grill emblem, custom decal in window - Frost TDI Heater, Evo Skid Plate, Pioneer F-900-BT W/Sirius Satelite, OEM GLI valances, OEM GLI 18" BBS RC Rims
Old August 26th, 2007, 20:06   #5
diy_fool
Veteran Member

Thank you black and chrome! That route makes good sense and I'll follow it. See you there
Old August 26th, 2007, 20:15   #6
black_and_chrome
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thank you black and chrome! That route makes good sense and I'll follow it. See you there

No problem. Have a great time in Quebec City !!! Make sure to visit Old Quebec, and The Chateau of course.

See you soon!

and please call me Nick...
Old August 27th, 2007, 18:58   #7
diy_fool
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_and_chrome
No problem. Have a great time in Quebec City !!! Make sure to visit Old Quebec, and The Chateau of course.

See you soon!

and please call me Nick...
Thanks again. The wife and I should have a great time. Call me Tom