www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2007

TDIFest 2007 Discussion about TDIFest 2007 that happened in Montréal, Canada.

Old August 20th, 2007, 12:48   #46
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s

ok everyone,
time is of the essence for registration! only a little over a week left until fest! just a few items to be mentioned as fair warning for those latecomers:

1. from this point on Fest T-shirts are on a limited supply only, meaning that if you are registering now, you will not be guaranteed a shirt with your order. if, during registration check-in we still have shirts left over in the size of your choice, then you will receive one - but again it is not guaranteed. So, still be sure to choose the size shirt you would like just in case we are able to accomidate your order.

2. onsite registration is being accepted, however onsite registration does not include the option for attending meal based events such as the meet-n-greet, saturday speakers breakfast, and sunday nights banquet. so be sure to register now if you want to attend those events!

3. mail-in check are no longer being accepted as payment, as they will not be received in time for fest. Cash is the only acceptable payment for onsite registration - local ATM is located across the street from the hotel for on-site registration.

if there are any questions, as always please feel free to PM me or send an email to tdifest@tdiclub.com

i hope to see more of you there!

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.

Last edited by Zippy_car; August 20th, 2007 at 19:47.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 00:27   #47
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

ok folks, i caught up on triple checking everyone's orders and profiles to make sure everything is in order and there are MANY that are missing orders. I'm in the process of sending out emails to those whose orders are missing. Please respond ASAP so we can make sure everything is in order for Fest time. Most of you will be able to follow the instructions posted about, and reiterated in the email. If you have any questions at all, PLEASE contact me so we can get them answered and get you ready to have a awesome time at fest.

my goal for check-in is to have everyone in and out as efficiently, quickly, and accurately as possible, so that no one has to wait in line for an extended period of time, and spend less time discussing diesel fun-stuff! Let's make this happen by making sure everyone's orders are in!

Thanks to everyone who's registered and their patience in using/trying out our new website processing.

Old August 26th, 2007, 13:18   #48
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

OK - so it looks like we've sold all out of TDIFest 2007 t-shirts! Those who have ordered a Fest shirt and do not recieve one will, will have the option of recieving the 10 year Anniversary T-shirts in place of the fest shirt. Those who registered or ordered a shirt early will be guaranteed a shirt, those registering later will not be guaranteed. You will recieve all t-shirts upon check in for registration at tdifest.

a note to all who may not know: 10 year anniversary shirts were made to celebrate 10 years of tdiclub! all proceeds go back to TDIClub. They come in black or white, men's or womens styles, in all sizes up to XXXL, long and short sleeve. with all of the fest logos from years past on them (excluding this years). They will also be for sale at TDIFest this year, for those who may want one.

Old August 28th, 2007, 08:22   #49
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5L/100km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_car
2. onsite registration is being accepted, however onsite registration does not include the option for attending meal based events such as the meet-n-greet, saturday speakers breakfast, and sunday nights banquet. so be sure to register now if you want to attend those events!
Uh Oh. I am still not 100% sure about my timeline. Even though I am registered, I am not sure when I will make it t Montreal. I hope to be able to make it there for the Sunday banquet, but can't guarantee it. If I can't pay for the banquet at time of check-in, can I pay for it up front, and get a refund if I can't make it???

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 21:21   #50
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut
Uh Oh. I am still not 100% sure about my timeline. Even though I am registered, I am not sure when I will make it t Montreal. I hope to be able to make it there for the Sunday banquet, but can't guarantee it. If I can't pay for the banquet at time of check-in, can I pay for it up front, and get a refund if I can't make it???
at this point, once you've ordered a meal and paid for it, i can not guarantee you a refund, as then we're loosing money on a meal not paid for. our budget is really tight. I'm sorry. but i'll have to say no on this one.

Old August 29th, 2007, 22:56   #51
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km

PS, we'll also need to know the final numbers for the Sunday meal by Friday at the latest. Please order it by then if you can.

2010 Golf Highline Wagon (Blue Graphite Pearl)
Aspherical Mirrors

- Past VWs:
2003 Indigo Blue TDI Bora Wagon;1996.5 Black 2.sl0w Golf
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 13:29   #52
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

I will register at midnight tonight (EDT), when my direct deposit hits my bank account. Sorry for being so late.

T minus 13.5 hours and counting until we hit the road.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 14:25   #53
BlueCTTDi
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI
I will register at midnight tonight (EDT), when my direct deposit hits my bank account. Sorry for being so late.

T minus 13.5 hours and counting until we hit the road.
FAIL!

VNT-17/22 | PD150 injectors & intake | R32 snorkel | Eurojet FMIC | GHL DP | Hi-flow cat w/ 2.5" exhaust | RC4 | DG Sigma SS & Panzer plate | Rieger shift knob | OEM dash kit | RSSR tails w/rear fog & euroswitch | W8 overhead | OEM leather Recaros | OEM HID's w/rheostat | FIS cluster | DVD player w/navi | R32 steering wheel & pedals | DRW 6-speed | SPEC 2+ clutch (DMF) | Shine RSB | Koni FSD's | Climatronic(!) | 35% tint
BlueCTTDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 15:00   #54
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

Yeah yeah, I know. I fail. However, I'll be attending my 3rd Fest this weekend, and the first one in 5 years! WINNAR!

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 19:03   #55
delvi__acevedo
Mod'aholic

resgistered for support, I'm not going to be able to make it