www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2007

TDIFest 2007 Discussion about TDIFest 2007 that happened in Montréal, Canada.

Old May 25th, 2007, 23:17   #1
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s
Default TDIFest 2007, Montreal, REGISTRATION Thread

Hello Everyone!

Join us in celebrating the long awaited, and newly renovated, registration website for TDIFest 2007, taking place in Montreal, Canada August 31-Sept. 2. This website has everything you ever wanted to know about TDIFest 2007! Be aware that it is still under construction and that new information is being added constantly. So be sure to check out what's new on with TDIFest regularly, so you can stay up to date on the latest news and events!

The registration site is offered in both English and French, since those are the two predominant languages of the area where the fest is taking place. Unfortunately, right now only the English version is available, but the French translations are on their way. To choose a language, please select the corresponding flag on the right hand side of the screen. This will provide you with the site in your prefered language.

To Register please go to: http://tdiclub.com/tdifest/

Included for your reading and informational enjoyment are the following instructions on how to register. Please read through the instructions thoroughly so as to avoid mistakes and possible problems with your order:

Start by going to http://www.tdiclub.com/tdifest and clicking on "Register for TDIFest" on the left side of your screen. This will bring up a shopping cart and list of 'products'. Click on each item to read the description. Check mark and 'Add to Cart' all 'products' you wish to purchase. The registration item also includes a drop down menu where you need to indicate the size needed for your free tee shirt. Don't forget to do this! The free tee shirt offer will expire later on in the summer, so register NOW!

Once you have everything in your 'Shopping Cart,' click Check Out. The next screen will give you the option to .Create a New Account or . Sign in for Returning Customers . Follow the instructions to create an account if this is your first time using the registration website. You will be given an opportunity to verify +/- change your order before completing the check out process. If you need to change your order at a later date, use the Sign in for Returning Customers.

Once signed in, if you don’t see your shopping cart, click on the “TDIFest Shopping Cart link on the left menu”. At this point you can click the “Checkout” button which is making your order/purchase. The next screen you will get is about shipping. Since your on your own to make it to TDIFest, there are no options other than a comments box. Please enter the names of any guest name tags you may require, then click continue.

The next screen gives you the option to select your payment type: PayPal (service fee applies) or by mailing a cheque. Click the “Continue” button to proceed.

The next screen is a confirmation screen of what your order will be. If you are satisfied, click “Confirm Order”. PayPal users, please note: Once you have gone through the PayPal part of the registration, MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE “Return to Merchant” button. If you don’t do that there may be a problem with your order.

Once you have followed these steps successfully you will get a confirmation email confirming your order. If mailing a cheque, please print this email out and include it with your cheque. Make checks payable to Shalon Fraser, then drop it in the mail to the listed address on the webpage.

We hope that you will all join us in this year's annual celebration! See you in Montreal!!!

Please make checks payable to Shalon Fraser.
And send them to:
22100 Garratt Dr
Richmond V6V2P4
British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for the continued support folks.

I'd also like to make a random announcment: STANADYNE and ELF will be doing presentations at our Saturday Speaker's Breakfast! So, please come and join us!!

Be sure to check the registration website to check out some of the other FREE activites we have going on, such as the Scavenger Hunt, the Driving Skill course, and the Technical Sessions!

UPDATE: (8/20/07)
ok everyone,
time is of the essence for registration! only a little over a week left until fest! just a few items to be mentioned as fair warning for those latecomers:

1. from this point on Fest T-shirts are on a limited supply only, meaning that if you are registering now, you will not be guaranteed a shirt with your order. if, during registration check-in we still have shirts left over in the size of your choice, then you will receive one - but again it is not guaranteed. So, still be sure to choose the size shirt you would like just in case we are able to accomidate your order.

2. onsite registration is being accepted, however onsite registration does not include the option for attending meal based events such as the meet-n-greet, saturday speakers breakfast, and sunday nights banquet. so be sure to register now if you want to attend those events!

3. . mail-in check are no longer being accepted as payment, as they will not be received in time for fest. Cash is the only acceptable payment for onsite registration - local ATM is located across the street from the hotel for on-site registration.

if there are any questions, as always please feel free to PM me or send an email to tdifest@tdiclub.com

i hope to see more of you there!

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.

Last edited by Zippy_car; August 20th, 2007 at 19:47.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 14:54   #2
BlueCTTDi
Veteran Member

woohoo!!!!!

the check's in the mail (seriously, it's in the mailbox.. hehe)
BlueCTTDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 13:20   #3
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Excellent! We look foward to seeing you there! Thanks for signing up!

Old May 27th, 2007, 17:30   #4
paramedick
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor

Zip, see your PM for a problem found.
paramedick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 02:10   #5
shortysclimbin
Veteran Member

Sweeet! close to home! I will have to see how many locals are going....
shortysclimbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 21:18   #6
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedick
Zip, see your PM for a problem found.
saw the pm, responded. We do indeed have a children's menu option under the events section - same place you can order your other meals. thanks for pointing it out.

please continue to provide feedback, it can only be improved to become more user friendly.

Old May 30th, 2007, 12:05   #7
tomo366
TDI Lifer

After all the Bit*hing I did only 10 non-organizers have signed up.......
Come on folks don't wait until the last minute!!
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black!
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 16:32   #8
SilverGhost
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo366
After all the Bit*hing I did only 10 non-organizers have signed up.......
Come on folks don't wait until the last minute!!
I know, I know..

At least for me it's coordinating with my travel partners who are two states away and 600 miles. And his wife....

Jason
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007, 10:01   #9
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGhost
I know, I know..

At least for me it's coordinating with my travel partners who are two states away and 600 miles. And his wife....

Jason
thanks for the bump tomo! Step right up folks... sign up for TDIFest 2007! We look foward to seeing you there!

Old June 2nd, 2007, 10:33   #10
Torque_Delight
TDIClub Enthusiast
Modded

Fuel Economy: ~5 l/100km

I just registered... Let's go only 14 days left before the discount will be over !!

Make this Fest a BIG event !
Jetta TDI 2001 GL (~650 000 km) : GT-1749VB, EGT/O2/Boost Gauges, Scangauge II, Sachs VR6 Clutch kit, OEM G60 Flywheel, 502 Nozzles, MRTuning, Euroswitch, Hella Micro-DE w/ yellow bulb, Rear fog, Wolfsburg's Heated Seats, Koni STR.T Shocks, H&R OE Sport Springs, TT Control Arm Bushings, 17" Santa Monica (GTI VR6) Wheels, DieselGeek Skid Plate, FX35 HID Projectors Retrofit, GLI Tail Lights, 2004 Trunk lid.
Torque_Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 19:58   #11
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

Count me in! I have no monies at the moment, so I'll have to officially register later.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 21:13   #12
korndawg

Fuel Economy: 40mpg

be there or square=)
korndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 23:24   #13
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by korndawg
be there or square=)
Kevin, good to see you online! Welcome to the club! See you at the Fest.

Keep it comin' folks! Remember your registration money goes pay for all the events we have planned for you, and any extra donations we recieve go back to Fred to help make this site even better - and it helps the Fest be even more awesome for next year! (is that proper english? lol )

Last edited by Zippy_car; July 12th, 2007 at 21:43.
Old June 11th, 2007, 18:49   #14
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5L/100km

I am registered, but not 100% sure I can make it yet. I still wanted to register at least to support the club. If I am able to make it, can I purchase the extras on site, like the banquet & breakfast events? I know you would prefer up front payment for those things so you can plan accordingly, but I don't want to pay for them unless I am sure I can make it.

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 18:47   #15
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

I might have to skip the Saturday morning breakfast. I have a feeling that there's going to be a lot of partying on Friday night.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is online now   Reply With Quote