Brand New set of .205 Smog Nozzles-Make Offer

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, '96 B4V,'99 2 door Golf
quartersaw said:
What is the country of orgin for the manufacture of those Smog nozzles?

.......Since no one seems to know,my default guess would be that these nozzles are made in China.........:cool:

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Link977 said:
I don't get it.

If the nozzles are of German,or Italian orgin,they are well worth buying.If they are chinese........well.......I wouldn't buy them......:cool:

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
I ran them for a long time in my car and had no issues, also installed 7 or 8 sets of them with no issues.

Link977

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
quartersaw said:
If the nozzles are of German,or Italian orgin,they are well worth buying.If they are chinese........well.......I wouldn't buy them......:cool:
Ok, tell me. Have you tried them before? If not, why are you saying this?

Last edited:

Kayakkermit

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2002, Silver
quartersaw said:
The OP was offering them for sale, if you choose not to buy them, don't, but please do not hijack this thread attempting to discredit the Smog nozzles.
I also have ran these in two of my vehicles, with nothing to report outside of them working very well.
Have you tried them so you can report first hand????

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Link977 said:
Ok, tell me. Have you tried them before? If not, why are you saying this?
My question was asked after the nozzles were sold.
I am contemplating a future purchase of .205's
I am not trying to discredit anyone,or anything.
I simply want to know where these nozzles are made.
No one seems to have an answer.

Last edited:

Link977

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
quartersaw said:
My question was asked after the nozzles were sold.
I am contemplating a future purchase of .205's
I am not trying to discredit anyone,or anything.
I simply want to know where these nozzles are made.
No one seems to have an answer.
No offence, but PLEASE ask and find real evidence before discredit anything or any country, and learn to respect.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Not everything that comes from China is inferior, by any means !!!

FWIW, the upcoming VW Polo will probably be made there, and I can't see the quality being any lower than what we've been receiving from the other VW assembly plants... (hopefully it'll be higher...)

Many years ago, the term "made in Japan" was considered derogatory...

I've had the "Smog" nozzles in my car for 88500 miles... no smoke, improved MPG, good torque boost, no complaints...

Yuri.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
They are made in China and resold by Sundiesel. Either the DSLA 150P 520 (205's) or DSLA150P502 (216's). And as for quality--well, I'll stay out of that, but the fact that Sundiesel buys them for $3.50/ea you can guess how much precision goes into making them. BTW, they will print anything you want on the nozzles, which is a big reason why you sould be careful about where nozzles are made. As far as I know there is not a single nozzle manufacturer in North America, although I've seen some nozzles pop up that were supposedly made in Canada...

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
BleachedBora said:
They are made in China and resold by Sundiesel. Either the DSLA 150P 520 (205's) or DSLA150P502 (216's). And as for quality--well, I'll stay out of that, but the fact that Sundiesel buys them for $3.50/ea you can guess how much precision goes into making them. BTW, they will print anything you want on the nozzles, which is a big reason why you sould be careful about where nozzles are made. As far as I know there is not a single nozzle manufacturer in North America, although I've seen some nozzles pop up that were supposedly made in Canada...
Thanks for your input!
The reason that I had asked was because I owned a Jetta TDI last year that had severe smoke,and fuel economy issues.(you can search my user name and find the thread).I tried troubleshooting the problem every way imaginable.A mechanic told me it was the injection pump.
I removed the .205 nozzles,and installed an old stock set that came out of my NB with 100K on them.The car stopped smoking,and my fuel economy went from 32MPG to 45 MPG! There wan't a country of orgin stamped on the nozzles,but you can venture what my guess was in terms of where they came from.
I wasn't trying to slam anyone here,and if my questioning was construed that way,then I am sorry for that. I have received nothing but good will and lots of help here and I want to pass that on as much as I can.
However,quality control of chinese products is anywhere from good to horrific.The quality of chinese parts may get better in the future,but in the meantime, I'll pass on putting anything in my two TDI's that might be of questionable manufacture.....

Link977

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
quartersaw said:
Thanks for your input!
The reason that I had asked was because I owned a Jetta TDI last year that had severe smoke,and fuel economy issues.(you can search my user name and find the thread).I tried troubleshooting the problem every way imaginable.A mechanic told me it was the injection pump.
I removed the .205 nozzles,and installed an old stock set that came out of my NB with 100K on them.The car stopped smoking,and my fuel economy went from 32MPG to 45 MPG! There wan't a country of orgin stamped on the nozzles,but you can venture what my guess was in terms of where they came from.
I wasn't trying to slam anyone here,and if my questioning was construed that way,then I am sorry for that. I have received nothing but good will and lots of help here and I want to pass that on as much as I can.
However,quality control of chinese products is anywhere from good to horrific.The quality of chinese parts may get better in the future,but in the meantime, I'll pass on putting anything in my two TDI's that might be of questionable manufacture.....
I understand your feeling, it's horrible, just like my economy went worse last few months. But I mean you can't just discredit products which are made in China just because you got bad nozzles and you even don't know where they made, guessing is really not making sense. And ppl got good result with these nozzles. I'm done here, thank you.

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Link977 said:
I understand your feeling, it's horrible, just like my economy went worse last few months. But I mean you can't just discredit products which are made in China just because you got bad nozzles and you even don't know where they made, guessing is really not making sense. And ppl got good result with these nozzles. I'm done here, thank you.
To each his own. I'm pleased that you have had good luck.
I'll be calling Charlie out in Utah since the quality of the product is guaranteed.
As a nation,(yours,and mine)we should think twice about buying anything that is made via slave labor which is frequently the case in China.Money isn't everything.I would rather support a product made with quality instead of raw profit in mind.But that's just me.......

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Can't resist, I have to comment.

The first set of .205's I bought were from eBay, they said made in Germany on them:rolleyes:, but after two tanks my mileage dropped drastically.:eek:

I then bought some of Smog's .205's, my mileage went up after I installed them and I've been pleased ever since.

I also bought a set of Sprint 520's (.205's) for another car, nice product, although the person I had install & pop test the nozzles informed me that one of the nozzles were bad. He replaced it with one from his own stock supply so I wouldn't have any down time. So not even the famed Bosio nozzles are free of flaws.

I just bought another set of Sprint 520's as a spare set, I think I'll install them in my Golf just for fun and see if there are any improvements.

my $.02

Later--B

PS: If you're in the States buy the Sprints you'll get them faster, it took about two weeks to get my Smog's.